Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Worried my car is going to get stolen...

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unhappy Worried my car is going to get stolen...

So as some of you might remember, about 3 months ago I posted pictures of some kids footprints all over the top of my car.

Well.... Apartment life just seems to get better and better...

Before work this morning I got in the car to let it warm up for a while before taking off, and while sitting in it I noticed something on the back windshield... I get out and go look and some punk kid put some skater sticker on it... While i'm out, taking off the sticker, I notice the neighbors on their back porch where I park my car in front of. Very nice older couple, said they'd keep an eye on it and didn't mind me parking there at all (my complex has limited parking so I have to park the car pretty far away from my apartment )... Well I get home after work today, go park in the same spot and the lady was outside and got my attention.

She told me her son saw a guy taking a ton of pictures of it the other day and was getting up to the window taking photos of the interior and such... sounded like he was scouting it out... Besides that, I guess they see all these punk teenagers and a group of gangbangers always checking it out...

I dunno what to do... it has LoJack, and I'm gonna "UP" the insurance on it tonight. But besides locking the doors and telling the apartment management about it, there's not much else I can do...

I'm just waiting for it to be driven off.....
Old 02-18-2010, 10:13 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Soul TKR

I'm just waiting for it to be driven off.....
Kill switch. Car will be fine! Punk kids aren't going to take it!
Old 02-18-2010, 10:19 PM
Teching In

Park it in my garage and make sure you drop off a set of keys with me
Old 02-18-2010, 10:24 PM
Banned

for a couple days just keep the fuel pump fuse with you. just remove it and put it back in when your going to go drive it or lmao remove the throttle cable wire
Old 02-18-2010, 10:29 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by ae13291
for a couple days just keep the fuel pump fuse with you. just remove it and put it back in when your going to go drive it or lmao remove the throttle cable wire
x2 too bad there's no coil to distributor wire
Old 02-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Banned

^^ yea but i bet it would go only a block down by the time the fuel rail empties. i cant imagine the guys face if he trys to press the throttle and no go with the cable disconnected lmao priceless
Old 02-18-2010, 10:34 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Time to move! I like the kill switch idea though or take the relay with you, its easy to disable a car but a PIA and you should not have to worry about it.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

That sucks. You're car looks sweet too.

I know a guy who had a totally custom Ram 2500, and some *** hole tried to steal it and couldn't get it started, so they just ruined everything. Stabbed holes in all of the seats and dash, and cut a ton of wires under the hood. Ended up doing over $20k in damage. Making it so it doesn't run might make them do something like that...but then again, it might not.

I'd try and park it someplace else. It also could have been someone like me. If I saw a sweet F-body I would go up and take pictures too.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:40 PM
On The Tree

I know a guy who had a totally custom Ram 2500, and some *** hole tried to steal it and couldn't get it started, so they just ruined everything. Stabbed holes in all of the seats and dash, and cut a ton of wires under the hood. Ended up doing over $20k in damage. Making it so it doesn't run might make them do something like that...but then again, it might not.

I'd try and park it someplace else. It also could have been someone like me. If I saw a sweet F-body I would go up and take pictures too.
Old 02-18-2010, 10:57 PM
Launching!

sooooooo lame wes. find some place else to put the bitch.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

if it has lojack you should be good.Pull a plug wire when u leave it unattended.do you have an alarm on it? if you have a sound system make sure nothing is at plain sight and make sure you have wheel locks on your rims.If only you could set up a camera inside or outside your car....
Old 02-18-2010, 11:28 PM
Staging Lane

I would do something to disable it. Kill switch is a good idea. Isn't there an ignition fuse you can pull until you get a switch installed.

Also, I would give that old couple a disposable camera and ask them to take pictures of anyone getting near it in the future.

Now that you and your girlfriend are both working, I would start looking at a house to rent. You need to get out of there. Also, if you need to hide it out for a while you can park it at my house. I'm on an acre of land and you can even park it in my back yard...
Old 02-18-2010, 11:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

I would defenatly call the cops and say that you had seen some thugs scooping out your car and other cars around the area. tell them that you're afraid that they're going to vandalise or break into them.Make sure you will tell them what the couple said about the pics. they should then patrol the area that night. might scare the kids away. I have a car cover a rarely use. you can borrow it till things calm down if you want.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:39 PM
Teching In

Kill switch for the car. 12ga shotgun for the kids/thieves.
Old 02-18-2010, 11:40 PM
Banned

^^^ if your gonna tell the cops you have to spice it up a bit like tell them you saw a guy walkin next to your car with a crow bar and gun
Old 02-18-2010, 11:43 PM
Teching In

get a train horn alarm, that **** will wake up your whole apartment complex
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSOoNTSPdmA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0tDmv-70WI
Old 02-18-2010, 11:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thought of the GTA game when you said that. lol
Old 02-18-2010, 11:54 PM
On The Tree

https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwest-c...nce-setup.html

Old 02-19-2010, 12:00 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by SuperSport346

i'm sorry but this is hilarious poor guy is worried and you come with this lmao it gave me a good laugh

like everyone else said get a kill switch take out the starter relay until you do
Old 02-19-2010, 12:01 AM
11 Second Club

Horn set up FTW. I want that. Or move back to AZ...... Nevermind, that wont be any better

Quick Reply: Worried my car is going to get stolen...