Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

My Experience with Strictly Performance Motorsports (LONG READ)

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:17 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

He had your car for four years? How and why would you wait that long???
Old 04-05-2010, 12:28 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hlaalu
He had your car for four years? How and why would you wait that long???
He blew my stock motor (no motor/ FI kit in car), said he'd build a new one for a deal (which turned out NOT to be one...), promised a free tune (which he apparently does NOT know how to do), new fuel system like his "magazine cover car" being put in (which turned out to be half-assed), and my trans was being rebuilt by the Toy Shop.

Mind you, that the last year or so he would NOT give me updates on my car despite the fact that I did not owe him any money at all. His employees gave me updates on my car...

Believe me, I tried getting my car back. He didn't take me seriously until I reported it stolen... Definitely a lesson learned the hard way for me. I didn't even have to post up, but I felt that I'd share my idiotic mistake so nobody else gets ripped off by Rob.
Old 04-05-2010, 12:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Island Grown
and my trans was being rebuilt by the Toy Shop.
multiple times because he blew the trans a couple times with his amazing tuning skills
Old 04-05-2010, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Island Grown
He blew my stock motor (no motor/ FI kit in car), said he'd build a new one for a deal (which turned out NOT to be one...), promised a free tune (which he apparently does NOT know how to do), new fuel system like his "magazine cover car" being put in (which turned out to be half-assed), and my trans was being rebuilt by the Toy Shop.

Mind you, that the last year or so he would NOT give me updates on my car despite the fact that I did not owe him any money at all. His employees gave me updates on my car...

Believe me, I tried getting my car back. He didn't take me seriously until I reported it stolen... Definitely a lesson learned the hard way for me. I didn't even have to post up, but I felt that I'd share my idiotic mistake so nobody else gets ripped off by Rob.
That sucks so hard. Hope everything works out for you.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:43 PM
Teching In

I would of caught a case if this **** happened to me! **** that!
Old 04-07-2010, 02:16 AM
On The Tree

From what i heard he partnered in with the guys from L.A.P.D to form DTS. Does anybody know if this is true?
Old 04-07-2010, 03:23 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow man really sucks that he did that, He is a shady person, the **** that he did was horrible.
Old 04-07-2010, 02:30 PM

Did he get convicted of anything besides running a chop shop? Something involving violence when someone tried to repo one of his cars.

Last edited by V8kingone; 04-07-2010 at 04:15 PM.
Old 04-07-2010, 09:04 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by regcabls6
From what i heard he partnered in with the guys from L.A.P.D to form DTS. Does anybody know if this is true?
I wouldn't be surprised. Just goes to show, you can be a crooked bastard but if you have **** on other people and take a deal, "3 will set you free!".. He'd be considered more like an informant if this is the case. Basically a 'Rat'. ... I heard that he originally got snapped by T.R.A.P. though, which is a special branch of the Sheriffs Department that focusses on large auto theft rings. ...

... I ran into a friend of his some months back. Really cool cat named Adrian. He told me that Rob "has turned a new leif and it straight now"... Honest truth is, Rob always struck me later on in our friendship sa sociopath that could never change. Will always look for gratification as if he breaths it like air. Needs to be "the bad ***". Will always flaunt how he got away with something. Can never admit to being wrong. Will shift the blame onto someone or something to keep from taking responability. ...Thats just MY opinion of the guy!
Old 04-07-2010, 09:20 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by V8kingone
Did he get convicted of anything besides running a chop shop? Something involving violence when someone tried to repo one of his cars.
Not sure. But 'Chop Shop' is a pretty huge charge in itself! You need to be "turning over" alot of cars to hit that charge.
Old 04-09-2010, 01:55 PM
TECH Resident

Rob hosted a bbq and free dyno day not that long ago right? I'm surprised the ones that attended and posted in that thread haven't come on here to defend that scum bag.
Old 04-09-2010, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

I wouldn't even dyno my car there
Old 04-09-2010, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ls1Strokin
I would of caught a case if this **** happened to me! **** that!
at minimum battery or assault charge for my car
Old 04-16-2010, 02:19 AM
Teching In

Seems like southern Cal has gone downhill lately.
Old 04-16-2010, 11:03 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by qboy
Seems like southern Cal has gone downhill lately.
Not really, there are still some really good shops down there
Old 04-16-2010, 01:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i had my torque converter put in there after i was told it would be finished that day for a ridiculously low price. so i stuck around. once it got to about 5-6pm, the guy working there (can't remember his name, but he seemed like really good guy) said they should probably keep it overnight... i got the feeling like it would have been a bad idea, so i insisted we put it together and i drive it home... instead we worked on it until like 9pm to get the new stall in.
i gotta say, their prices were hard to beat, but after hearing about all the stories and the whole chop shop thing, i'm glad i never left it there that night.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:49 AM
Restricted User

Exclamation

hey there guys, I know this is a old thread and i dont mean to make everyone read and relive their horrible experiences with Rob and SPM but I just came across an add on craigslist for some ls1 parts, some underdrive pulleys and alot of other parts so I called and the guy was claiming he could install everything i needed for a steal! really low price but the more i talked to him the more it seemed familiar then i realized it was Rob. His ad says that he just closed down his shop and he has a bunch of parts and could install them for a low price I just wanted to warn everyone to watch out for him on craigslist now because i wouldnt want to see any of my fellow f body guys get screwed over by this guy.just keep a look out and your eyes open because this guy is still out there trying to screw more people over.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would have immediately hired an Attorney and gotten a Court order to get my car back.
No one is keeping my car for 4 years while they pretend to work on it.
Old 04-26-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ELMAPA818
hey there guys, I know this is a old thread and i dont mean to make everyone read and relive their horrible experiences with Rob and SPM but I just came across an add on craigslist for some ls1 parts, some underdrive pulleys and alot of other parts so I called and the guy was claiming he could install everything i needed for a steal! really low price but the more i talked to him the more it seemed familiar then i realized it was Rob. His ad says that he just closed down his shop and he has a bunch of parts and could install them for a low price I just wanted to warn everyone to watch out for him on craigslist now because i wouldnt want to see any of my fellow f body guys get screwed over by this guy.just keep a look out and your eyes open because this guy is still out there trying to screw more people over.
I'm sure those parts were also bought and paid for by prior customers, or pulled off prior customers cars and replaced with stock parts...other words: theft.
Old 04-26-2011, 02:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ELMAPA818
do you have a cl link?

Quick Reply: My Experience with Strictly Performance Motorsports (LONG READ)