Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

My Experience with Strictly Performance Motorsports (LONG READ)

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 03:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

heres one

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...342371414.html
Old 04-26-2011, 04:10 PM
TECH Apprentice

Shady performance
Old 04-26-2011, 07:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

**Mr. Burn's voice**.... EXcelent!

Old 04-26-2011, 08:07 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I saw that ad too. lol.
Old 04-26-2011, 08:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I heard from a friend, who heard from his uncle's neighbor's sister's husband's nephew's girlfriend's best friend from high school, that Rob is a super straight shooter this time around....... bwahahahaha.
Old 04-28-2011, 06:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
I heard from a friend, who heard from his uncle's neighbor's sister's husband's nephew's girlfriend's best friend from high school, that Rob is a super straight shooter this time around....... bwahahahaha.
... Well I haven't ran into anyone in the past few months with any new horror stories about Rob / Strictly... Sorry, I meant 'DTS Strictly'.. ... Not sure what to make of that. Then again, the shop is closing/closed, so that must mean business is booming.
Old 05-16-2011, 02:35 AM
Restricted User

heres another one of his links on craigslist for you guys to look out for http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...383523100.html
Old 05-17-2011, 06:46 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Nightmare

After reading your post brings back memories of a shop that I dealt with. You try to be cool with the shop just too hopefully get your car back in one piece and then when you show disappointment with the workmanship and they will try and turn it around on you. These guys are real good talkers and are able to get other shops on this very site to back them, I feel your pain. Trust me this will archived soon by LS1 Tech. We all need to take note of this and continue to weed out the bad shops.
Old 05-17-2011, 09:15 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by ELMAPA818
heres another one of his links on craigslist for you guys to look out for http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...383523100.html
... He still has those?!! ... Man, he's had those for years!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:20 PM
TECH Resident

I don't know if I'd catch a case over this dick, but he definitely needs a pair of cement shoes and a visit to the deep pacific.
Old 05-19-2011, 12:22 AM
Staging Lane

just read this thread, wow that sounds painful. just saw this ad on craiglist wonder in it is the same guy http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...389750392.html
Old 05-19-2011, 12:30 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by bryan23
just read this thread, wow that sounds painful. just saw this ad on craiglist wonder in it is the same guy http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv...389750392.html
Naw thats a guy in Sylmar parting out his wrecked WS6. I've talked with him.
Old 05-19-2011, 04:10 AM
TECH Addict

Out of curiosity, has anyone heard anything more about the shop's shut-down? ...
Old 05-27-2011, 05:28 PM

Default where is he now?

Does anyone know where Robert Barth has set up shop? He has my engine and supercharger in his possession.

My experience is likely worse then most and since it is in litigation, I cannot comment on it now. I can do so privately, but cannot risk any information leaking out. He had my truck for almost 7 years and did nothing, but break things. My costs were well above $60K and I have nothing, but an empty shell...
I am a man of trust and a man's word and a handshake are binding with me. Sadly, I was deceived and have nothing to show for it, but a truck with no engine.

He is very nice, but so irresponsible. He used my truck for his personal use and blew the engine, trans, rear end and so on. He put about 8K miles on it from when I gave it to him back in 2004, None of it with my permission or knowledge. It is a long and arduous story. I feel bad for the guy from the islands, because I know what he is suffering through. I did not take it back because, why should I have to spend the money a second time. I could not afford that expense. I doubt anyone else could either. Trust is earned and sadly, I am a victim of my faith.
Old 05-28-2011, 07:45 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 357swmagnum
Does anyone know where Robert Barth has set up shop? He has my engine and supercharger in his possession.

My experience is likely worse then most and since it is in litigation, I cannot comment on it now. I can do so privately, but cannot risk any information leaking out. He had my truck for almost 7 years and did nothing, but break things. My costs were well above $60K and I have nothing, but an empty shell...
I am a man of trust and a man's word and a handshake are binding with me. Sadly, I was deceived and have nothing to show for it, but a truck with no engine.

He is very nice, but so irresponsible. He used my truck for his personal use and blew the engine, trans, rear end and so on. He put about 8K miles on it from when I gave it to him back in 2004, None of it with my permission or knowledge. It is a long and arduous story. I feel bad for the guy from the islands, because I know what he is suffering through. I did not take it back because, why should I have to spend the money a second time. I could not afford that expense. I doubt anyone else could either. Trust is earned and sadly, I am a victim of my faith.
Your plates don't happen to read "Old Fogey" by chance, do they?
Old 05-28-2011, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Out of curiosity, has anyone heard anything more about the shop's shut-down? ...
I talked to a guy the other day that had just picked up a motor and other parts for dirt cheap just the other day, I told him to be careful it's proly hot parts.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 357swmagnum

nice username.... welcome to the site
Old 05-28-2011, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by donedidit
I talked to a guy the other day that had just picked up a motor and other parts for dirt cheap just the other day, I told him to be careful it's proly hot parts.
Unfortunately,.. certain parts like a short-block can't be traced back to a particular VIN. ... Rob knows this. So he'll get away with it. For now at least.

I'm assuming that he's still on probation since his Chop-Shop charges came up in late 08 / early 09. If he's on probation, someone needs to step up with some hard evidence that he's in violation of the terms. But if no one steps forward then we'll have to just sit and wait till someone else posts up another horror story.
Old 05-28-2011, 09:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
nice username.... welcome to the site
Lol Dirty Hairy ftw

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
Unfortunately,.. certain parts like a short-block can't be traced back to a particular VIN. ... Rob knows this. So he'll get away with it. For now at least.

I'm assuming that he's still on probation since his Chop-Shop charges came up in late 08 / early 09. If he's on probation, someone needs to step up with some hard evidence that he's in violation of the terms. But if no one steps forward then we'll have to just sit and wait till someone else posts up another horror story.
Ya the ppl I know that got burnt didn't have good contracts (if any) they just trusted him. At least two guys i talked to I had them do a search on ls1tech to see for themselves how shady of a person Rob is but they still went back.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:46 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by donedidit

Ya the ppl I know that got burnt didn't have good contracts (if any) they just trusted him. At least two guys i talked to I had them do a search on ls1tech to see for themselves how shady of a person Rob is but they still went back.
Well, I almost hate to say it but WHEN they get burned, they have no one else to blame but themselves. It's like sticking your hand over an open flame and then bitching about getting 3rd degree burns! ...

When I met him(Rob), people warned me not to get TOO CLOSE. But no one gave me any horror stories to shape my opinion. I just chalked it up to typical **** talk'n. ... Hell, I remember go'n up to LACR on a cruise w/ some GM Eternal folks back when it was still open and everyone being cool with me until we got to the track and I threw on my black "SP Motorsports" shirt. I felt like I was gonna get lynched!! ... People suddenly kept their distance. ... Anyways, fast forward a few years and Rob's actions apparently got worse.

So back on topic, NOW there's plenty of first hand accounts/experiences for people to read up on. If they don't know the local scene and don't have the right info or contacts before getting suckered into letting him work on your car, then that just plain ol sucks. ... BUT, if you pointed people to this and many more threads like it and they STILL contract out to him. Then it's kinda their own fault. ... Hate to say it but it's the damn truth.

P.S. ... Because of Rob, everytime I hear someone utter the words "I'll hook you up!" ... I INSTANTLY think ... "**** You!!"

Quick Reply: My Experience with Strictly Performance Motorsports (LONG READ)