Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

My Experience with Strictly Performance Motorsports (LONG READ)

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2011, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

**** you milky lol

remember i told you i would "hook you up" and will do your shocks hahaha
so **** you back lmao
Old 05-29-2011, 02:21 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Raptor_WS6
**** you milky lol

remember i told you i would "hook you up" and will do your shocks hahaha
so **** you back lmao
LMFAO... Actually I think your EXACT words were "I can take care of that. Just let me know when you get them"... If you said "I'll hook you up" I don't remember hearing you.

DICK!!
Old 05-29-2011, 03:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage
LMFAO... Actually I think your EXACT words were "I can take care of that. Just let me know when you get them"... If you said "I'll hook you up" I don't remember hearing you.

DICK!!
oh yeah, ma'bad

Old 08-02-2011, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Island Grown you and I need to get together and try and send Robert Barth to jail.

Ok here is my story

I was 1 year out from retirement in the navy and set to go to the desert on one last tour of duty. I was stationed at Point Mugu Naval Weapons Station and asked around about who to get my Camaro restored by. The guys at BBK in Ventura suggested Strictly Performance as the Camaro go to guys. I contacted Rob (scumbag) Barth and told hin I wanted him to buildup my camaro for my retirement. The deal was to have a Accel DFI, a six speed and a small block 427 retrofitted into my Purple 1992 Camaro that I bought brand new back in 1992. The guys at Stricktly Performance Motorsports gutted my camaro for what parts they could get the B&M 700r4 that was in it and they cut out the wiring harness for the old fuel injection system so it and took the aluminum driveshaft as well. My car was treated just as poorly the new paint job is now faded and damaged in several places. I finally managed to get my car shipped back to me in St Louis thats when I discovered all the problems.
In the end Robert Barth and the boys at Strickly Performance stole parts from my car and took me for the 15,000 dollars I paid to have the project done. The engine and fuel injection system was in the car atleast well in a box in the trunk. The engine does not rotate apparently the idiot put the wrong piston rods in it.
Old 08-02-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by WS6 Rampage

DICK!!
Milk, you need work done? I'll hook you up... bwahahaha.
Old 08-02-2011, 08:32 PM
TECH Resident

LOL Milk's gunna start hooking you guys up with a 45acp to the dome ahahahaa.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Milk, you need work done? I'll hook you up... bwahahaha.
Ugh!!... You guys suck!.. lol

Originally Posted by oChristiano
LOL Milk's gunna start hooking you guys up with a 45acp to the dome ahahahaa.

Last edited by WS6 Rampage; 08-27-2011 at 05:23 PM.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:05 AM
TECH Apprentice

If "What Comes Around Goes Around" is true, Rob Barth will get the payback he deserves. It's amazing that something really bad hasn't happened to him already.
Old 08-30-2011, 12:19 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what makes me laugh is alot of you guys used to bash me, and praise strictly.... all i can do is laugh... some of guys have posted in this thread, you know who you are...
Old 09-02-2011, 07:28 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
what makes me laugh is alot of you guys used to bash me, and praise strictly.... all i can do is laugh... some of guys have posted in this thread, you know who you are...
this is true.

i went to strictly based on the huge praise people gave that shop. while i was there to get a converter installed, rob quoted something ridiculous like $1k for a full heads/cam swap (including all parts+labor).
rob said the car would be done that day (just a torque converter swap) so i stuck around... 5pm rolls around and it wasn't. i did not feel comfortable leaving my car overnight. rob took off and the guy he had working there started complaining that rob paid him $400/week under the table, so i offered to help. while i was helping him install the converter until 8-9pm that night, all i could think about was all the positive posts about his shop on this site.
Old 09-02-2011, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

Rob used to run a good shop, he had some sick builds at his shop including his twin 88 turbo TA. But sometime **** happens and people change but karma will hit him when he least expects it.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

he was shady back then too, some people got lucky I guess
Old 09-02-2011, 09:30 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00SSLS1
he was shady back then too, some people got lucky I guess
Back when? I saw alot of happy customers with some sick cars back in the day, way back, like when i joined ls1tech then.
Old 09-02-2011, 11:46 PM
TECH Regular

problem was he knew mechanics but cant run a business to save his life. On top of that he is a shady pill popper.
Old 09-26-2011, 06:37 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zwolfe
Island Grown you and I need to get together and try and send Robert Barth to jail.

Ok here is my story

I was 1 year out from retirement in the navy and set to go to the desert on one last tour of duty. I was stationed at Point Mugu Naval Weapons Station and asked around about who to get my Camaro restored by. The guys at BBK in Ventura suggested Strictly Performance as the Camaro go to guys. I contacted Rob (scumbag) Barth and told hin I wanted him to buildup my camaro for my retirement. The deal was to have a Accel DFI, a six speed and a small block 427 retrofitted into my Purple 1992 Camaro that I bought brand new back in 1992. The guys at Stricktly Performance Motorsports gutted my camaro for what parts they could get the B&M 700r4 that was in it and they cut out the wiring harness for the old fuel injection system so it and took the aluminum driveshaft as well. My car was treated just as poorly the new paint job is now faded and damaged in several places. I finally managed to get my car shipped back to me in St Louis thats when I discovered all the problems.
In the end Robert Barth and the boys at Strickly Performance stole parts from my car and took me for the 15,000 dollars I paid to have the project done. The engine and fuel injection system was in the car atleast well in a box in the trunk. The engine does not rotate apparently the idiot put the wrong piston rods in it.
Holy ****! I thought that this thread was dead... I have tried to stay away from the Western Forum because Barth fucked me over royally and left me extremely bitter. It turns out that the "built" motor is a STOCK aluminum 5.3L with STOCK 98 LS1 heads... Keep in mind, the car was was still missing so there was no way for me to verify anything! I'm STILL trying to get the car back to its former glory, but sadly I don't think that is even possible at this point.

Zwolfe, I remember your third gen being over there. Sad to say that every time I would check on my car, there would either be less parts on your car or more of the shop's junk laying on it like a work bench. He used to mentioned how the owner of the car would send over some dough to fix her up, but he never did show progress...

Last I heard was that the new shop he tried to open up closed down, and he was selling a bunch of performance stuff. Karma is a bitch, and I don't want to waste any more of my time on that tool.

Last edited by Island Grown; 09-26-2011 at 07:06 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 03:17 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Rob used to run a good shop, he had some sick builds at his shop including his twin 88 turbo TA. But sometime **** happens and people change but karma will hit him when he least expects it.
ivan his TA never ran... he had very few cars that ran decent.... most of time the driveability was horrible, its easy to make a car, making them drive is a different story.... i have yet to see a strictly car come into my shop without its fair share of issues.... and i have seen quite few.... but regardless its over now
Old 09-27-2011, 06:09 PM
10 Second Club

ivan his TA never ran... he had very few cars that ran decent.... most of time the driveability was horrible, its easy to make a car, making them drive is a different story.... i have yet to see a strictly car come into my shop without its fair share of issues.... and i have seen quite few.... but regardless its over now
Yeah that's true the TA never did run or make a pass, It looked nice lol. But I did see a few sick looking cars and trucks but I don't know how they ran or how far.
Old 09-27-2011, 07:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I know Ryne... my bad lol.... I just used to bash you cause you Iraqis need a good making fun of.... bwahahahaha.
Old 09-27-2011, 08:25 PM
Teching In

racist
Old 09-28-2011, 01:28 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Originally Posted by HEYPAL01impala
racist
i want to see the Iranian **** again.... damn that guy was a head trip

Quick Reply: My Experience with Strictly Performance Motorsports (LONG READ)