Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

I was arrested last night for Double Parking

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 10:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Datzneat
Learn to read dumbass. I did move. More so I didn't have any attitude or "lip". Of course I was pissed for being harassed like that but I obeyed everything. So why don't you stop nut hugging the police on every thread.
I didn't say you had any lip or attitude, re-read what I wrote ********.

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
....the part that is not written is what type of attitude or lip you were giving to escalate the situation. Not saying you did,
One thing you did say that is fact is the cop asked you to move, and instead of immediately moving because you were clearly in the wrong, you say "but I'm just dropping someone off". Boo ******* hoo. Go find a parking spot you lazy ****.

I was on your side because I thought the cop didn't act correctly according to your account, but there were some gaps that didn't make sense.

Don't be so thin-skinned when someone plays devil's advocate or asks you to clear up some things that don't make sense.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

man that really sucks
Old 04-24-2010, 11:31 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Chris'stransam
I lost all respect for cops when i got a ticket for doning 85 in a 45 , when i was relay doning 55 in a 45.. DANM THE MAN I SAY
My first speeding ticket... 69 in a 65
Old 04-24-2010, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
all police cars have cameras and all officers wear a microphone and record everything that is said. my friends dad is a cop and this has gotten me out of multiple situations. Bike cops do not have a camera though
That's what I thought
Old 04-25-2010, 01:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds like false imprisonment to me based on your side of the story. Hope you follow through and make an example of him. Most people won't pay attorney fees to file suit and this keeps the cycle going. Talk to different attorneys, some will tell you that recoverable damages won't make it worth it but at least get the complaint against him on his record.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:30 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I didn't say you had any lip or attitude, re-read what I wrote ********.

One thing you did say that is fact is the cop asked you to move, and instead of immediately moving because you were clearly in the wrong, you say "but I'm just dropping someone off". Boo ******* hoo. Go find a parking spot you lazy ****.

I was on your side because I thought the cop didn't act correctly according to your account, but there were some gaps that didn't make sense.

Don't be so thin-skinned when someone plays devil's advocate or asks you to clear up some things that don't make sense.
How about you read wtf I wrote again. I said I obeyed everything. How am I clearly in the wrong? Since you seem to know so much about what happened why don't you tell us? (rhetorical since you don't know ****) I don't give a fk what you have to say on this. I know what happened and I know it was fkd up. All I need is a good lawyer. Go play devil's advocate in someone elses thread.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:51 AM
TECH Junkie

You could cut the tension in here with a knife!
Old 04-25-2010, 03:51 AM
11 Second Club

^^^ Hey both of you are my friends so knock it off!! Listen to this old man!! Damn I am getting old, sounded like my Dad.

Sorry to hear about what happend Jay, I dont even know what to say to that. I am just stumped on what happened.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:59 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
^^^ Hey both of you are my friends so knock it off!!
Don't point those arrows at me old man! I didn't say a damn thing!
Old 04-25-2010, 04:32 AM
TECH Fanatic

That's f*cked up! In a situation like this I would talk a lot of **** to the cop. Either way that cop is a douche!!
Old 04-25-2010, 08:59 AM
TECH Resident

Along with everybody else that said it.. get a good lawyer man. I smell a harassment lawsuit. That's total bullshit. Again I'd talk to a good lawyer and see what he tells you. Keep us posted.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

How about you read wtf I wrote again. I said I obeyed everything. How am I clearly in the wrong? Since you seem to know so much about what happened why don't you tell us? (rhetorical since you don't know ****) I don't give a fk what you have to say on this. I know what happened and I know it was fkd up. All I need is a good lawyer. Go play devil's advocate in someone elses thread.
I am using your words here, so I didn't have to be there.

All I am saying (for the 3rd time) is: when the cop asked you to move, you said "I'm dropping people off". You even stated "he still wanted me to move", implying you did not move when first asked. If I am the cop, I would think, "I don't give a **** if you're dropping someone off, you're double parked". I said that was wrong on your part. So you didn't do everything the cop asked like you claim and probably brought some of this on yourself for not complying in the first place. I don't see why you can't understand that. Yeah, he went too far given the circumstance, but you're not completely clean either.

Personal accountability can be a bitch sometimes.

Last edited by BigDaddyBry; 04-25-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 04-25-2010, 10:40 AM
TECH Regular

Ok I live here in So. Cali and this is what I would do, when ever I have a problem with an officer- First never argue just do as they say immediatly, once you have fully complied ask to speak with the officers suporvisor this request usally cannot be refused if you feel the officer was wrong in charging you with an infraction I've done this both in So. Cali and Vegas (Hanging on the wrong side of town, late @ night, but this is still not a crime!) and the suporvisor tossed the ticket -you can still request to speak to the suporvisor this monday morning without the officer being present unlike in court where to state your case the officer (accuser) must be present. Just be professonal, you have the officer badge # on your ticket just give the PD a call on the bussiness line. Good luck!
Old 04-25-2010, 12:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i feel your pain man, about a year ago i was arrested and had my car impounded for expired registration, while my car was parked in my drive way and was never read my Miranda rights, then the **** never turned in her bs paperwork
400$ and a night in jail for nothing
Old 04-25-2010, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Well first of all the officer doesn't have to read you Miranda unless he is going to interview you about the crime.

Before I go into anything else, I will say that according to YOUR account of the incident, the officer's actions do seem a little extreme. However, we all know that there are three sides to every story: yours, his and the truth. Don't take that the wrong way.

If an officer pulls behind you and hits the siren, horn or gets on the PA, that means MOVE, NOW. Not when its convenient for you. The officer doesn't care who you're dropping off or what you're doing. He want you to move. You are illegally parked and he is actually giving you the courtesy of asking you to move rather than just issuing a summons.

From what you said, it seems like the section he issued you for pertains to obstructing the roadway. Again, according to YOUR account it does seem a little extreme.

Keep in mind though that if you do fight this, the officer likely had the incident on video/audio and IF you gave him an attitude when he asked you to move (not saying that you did) the judge may not be sympathetic.
Old 04-25-2010, 12:59 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CyberGrey Z28
Sounds like false imprisonment to me based on your side of the story. Hope you follow through and make an example of him. Most people won't pay attorney fees to file suit and this keeps the cycle going. Talk to different attorneys, some will tell you that recoverable damages won't make it worth it but at least get the complaint against him on his record.
TECHNICALLY, you can be arrested for a speeding ticket, double-parking, expired meter, etc. A summons/citation/ticket is a form of arrest and is the more common way of dealing with the violation.
Old 04-25-2010, 03:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by APG12
If an officer pulls behind you and hits the siren, horn or gets on the PA, that means MOVE, NOW. Not when its convenient for you. The officer doesn't care who you're dropping off or what you're doing. He want you to move. You are illegally parked and he is actually giving you the courtesy of asking you to move rather than just issuing a summons.
He pulled up next to me and rolled down the window. I explained what I was doing and then moved for him. I don't see what the big deal is.

Originally Posted by APG12
Keep in mind though that if you do fight this, the officer likely had the incident on video/audio and IF you gave him an attitude when he asked you to move (not saying that you did) the judge may not be sympathetic.
Is there a way to get a copy of that video? Because it would work in my favor.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:34 PM
Staging Lane

He pulled up next to me and rolled down the window. I explained what I was doing and then moved for him. I don't see what the big deal is.

Is there a way to get a copy of that video? Because it would work in my favor.
You should beable to get a copy form your PD where the officer is from. A sepervisor has to remove video from vehicle and a copy made. We charge $25.00 here for them.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:36 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Good thing you were not in AZ.
Old 04-25-2010, 04:39 PM
TECH Enthusiast

huntington beach, hermosa beach, el segundo, redondo beach.... all these departments have a bad name here in the LA area.. i got pulled over by el segundo police and they told me that they were going to search me and the car because there were some cases of people stealing in that neighborhood. and i was only passing by. they checked my car (which they made a mess) they checked me, my passenger, and even tryed going into my phone but i had it locked and he told me to unlock it and when i said i wouldnt he got mad and tryed to find something on me but couldnt...lol.. BUT ANYWAY sorry for stealing there...... U should definitly fight this case, u will win, and make sure your girl goes with u and she can even say that they got racial on u... unless they show the video they didnt, then they would loose the case haha

Quick Reply: I was arrested last night for Double Parking