Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Tuner can't tune my car

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like this unknown tuner is losing business thanks to this thread since people are asking for his info via pm. I'd be pissed considering the likely problem is that your cam install is jacked up as he told you or you have other mechanical issues.
Old 05-26-2010, 10:01 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

good luck with the new tune, rick at synergy will take care of the car from what i've heard
Old 05-26-2010, 10:07 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by wicked-98
I had the injectors already laying around.So he just charged the install.Full price I believe was 550.00 for a full tune.I will be taking my car to rick @synergy motorsports for a tune and I'm not returning to the other guy
Interesting because I would have guessed it was Rick that tuned your car from your description, and based on my personal experience with his crappy tunes and service... Even the price range you quoted fit the bill. Good luck with Synergy, and caveat emptor!

Originally Posted by King Nothing
can you at least pm me his name so i know who not to go to, not to sound like a dick or anything but it would help me out. originally my car was tuned by nick at newtech but i'm not so sure i'm gonna take it back there for the new engine
Interesting statement John, we have used just about all of the shops in the area for one thing or another, and Nick is one of the few we trust for tuning. We have patronized Black Magic (OOB), Dreamspeed (OOB), Synergy, Advanced Dyno, Newtech, Speed Merchant/Goodies, and quite a few others. Heck I remember when Rick H was tuning without a Dyno saying that Dyno tunes weren't needed just street tunes, and then he went and got a Dynapack... Hmm... Oh well it is hit or miss with whoever you go with, the thing that matters is the customer service and the way you feel you have been treated. Synergy could never get our cam only MTI X1 to idle or go into gear without stalling; while Newtech has tuned 3 cams/Heads and Cam/Heads Cam and Nitrous and now our LSX stroker for Nitrous; to as close to perfection as I can imagine. Not to mention letting both the wife and I watch and add input during all portions of the tuning, and cleaning up things or characteristics we found only through putting miles on the tune.
Old 05-26-2010, 11:38 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Azrael
Interesting statement John, we have used just about all of the shops in the area for one thing or another, and Nick is one of the few we trust for tuning. We have patronized Black Magic (OOB), Dreamspeed (OOB), Synergy, Advanced Dyno, Newtech, Speed Merchant/Goodies, and quite a few others. Heck I remember when Rick H was tuning without a Dyno saying that Dyno tunes weren't needed just street tunes, and then he went and got a Dynapack... Hmm... Oh well it is hit or miss with whoever you go with, the thing that matters is the customer service and the way you feel you have been treated. Synergy could never get our cam only MTI X1 to idle or go into gear without stalling; while Newtech has tuned 3 cams/Heads and Cam/Heads Cam and Nitrous and now our LSX stroker for Nitrous; to as close to perfection as I can imagine. Not to mention letting both the wife and I watch and add input during all portions of the tuning, and cleaning up things or characteristics we found only through putting miles on the tune.
Jack, it's mostly based off customer service from my experience and watching others experience, but some of it is based off of some people found with their nitrous wiring and other things i've heard. what i'm afraid of is that they take extra care of the people who drop hella money in that place and the ones who come in to just get a tune and have done their own work get the shaft of customer service. for my personal experience speaking when i got my dyno-tune from newtech, i was there 10 minutes early just hanging out (keep in mind i had to drive 80 miles to get there) and nick was 15-20 minutes late because he overslept i had to call his gf at the time and ask if she knew where he was nobody should ever have to do that. i work in retail so i know about customer service and that is not good customer service at all, hopefully it's gotten better since then. now for the new LS6 goin in with the TR227/224 cam, i'm gettin it tuned by Mark Roman in sac and i'll see how it goes.
Old 05-26-2010, 02:56 PM
On The Tree

Rick @ synergy is a super cool guy and had great tuning skills...he has custom specd me a cam and doing lots of work for me ! Im more than happy with him and have all my boys went there and are more than happy also !!! he is a great guy and can tune down low as someone posted. WOT is the easier spot of the tune from what i hear. Rick is cool and will do you right. He does his own work and his own tuning and stands by his work all the way....good luck
Old 05-26-2010, 03:12 PM
Teching In

Hey wicked Haven't we Talked Before? Didn't you come to the Dave n buster GTG? I thought I warned You brother...Send Me a Pm Maybe I can swing by lend a hand check some stuff out for you...Actually All my crew has been to Rick Only heard great things. Ive personally been to the other And IM COO.. Locking pcm's, acting like a jackass/cocky is bad customer service. Plus Having to retune a few Cars is horrible.. No matter what everyone has a story to tell.Me personally I will let christian tune my car
Old 05-26-2010, 03:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Azrael
Interesting because I would have guessed it was Rick that tuned your car from your description, and based on my personal experience with his crappy tunes and service... Even the price range you quoted fit the bill. Good luck with Synergy, and caveat emptor!

yes sir tell rick that nick and kyle sent you. he is a cool guy and knows his ****
Old 05-26-2010, 03:19 PM
On The Tree

I know this thats why i deleted my post if u hadnt noticed that. I didnt want to knock his setup it was kind of a dick thing to post so i cleaned it up. thanks though
Old 05-26-2010, 04:39 PM
Teching In

We i bought my new motor I took it to Newtech and the did a base tune to break in my motor. They later called me just to make sure everything was OK and to see how many miles have I put on the motor so I get a full tune. Everyone has bad experiences with tuners.... I took my car to rick@synergy and he didnt want to tune it becuase he didnt have time the whole week so I said **** YOU and left and went to NEWTECH and been happy ever since.
Old 05-26-2010, 04:50 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 1SIC_GM
We i bought my new motor I took it to Newtech and the did a base tune to break in my motor. They later called me just to make sure everything was OK and to see how many miles have I put on the motor so I get a full tune. Everyone has bad experiences with tuners.... I took my car to rick@synergy and he didnt want to tune it becuase he didnt have time the whole week so I said **** YOU and left and went to NEWTECH and been happy ever since.
damn!
Old 05-26-2010, 04:52 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Newtech has taken care of me as well.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:00 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SIC_GM
maybe he had alot of work on the schedule? ever thought of that? or maybe you expect him to just screw all his other customers and tune your car instead....
Old 05-26-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Tuned by Rick@ Synergy here... Great customer service with me! And i do most my own work so its not like ive spent alot of money there...

Couple of my boys got tuned by Newtech and the cars havent had a problem either and run strong!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:01 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
maybe he had alot of work on the schedule? ever thought of that? or maybe you expect him to just screw all his other customers and tune your car instead....
+1..... I was thinking the same thing. We all get busy!
Old 05-26-2010, 05:06 PM
On The Tree

I goto Newtech exclusively now, having bad experiences everytime I've dealt with another LSx tuner. Nick sets my car up exactly how I like it, and has been more than willing to work with my tune if I ever have issues. My car has consistently made good HP (650+rwhp and over 600 ft/lbs) for about 2 years now with his tune. I drive it almost daily and I commonly forget how much HP it has by the way it drives.

Remember this is a car that came in with a totally unknown cam that wasn't degreed or checked out before installing.

Also, whoever the tuner was, they aren't getting paid to diagnose your wiring/transmission problems. Yes, it may have been just a fuse but do you expect him to hunt down your problem for free? Your transmission exhibited problems that made it seem like it was blown (From what you said) so you probably asked him what it was and he said most likely a blown trans (Since lsx stock autos are NOTORIOUSLY weak, that would not come as a surprise)

Remember people, only one side of the story is being said here.
Old 05-26-2010, 05:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by mistafosta
I goto Newtech exclusively now, having bad experiences everytime I've dealt with another LSx tuner. Nick sets my car up exactly how I like it, and has been more than willing to work with my tune if I ever have issues. My car has consistently made good HP (650+rwhp and over 600 ft/lbs) for about 2 years now with his tune. I drive it almost daily and I commonly forget how much HP it has by the way it drives.

Remember this is a car that came in with a totally unknown cam that wasn't degreed or checked out before installing.

Also, whoever the tuner was, they aren't getting paid to diagnose your wiring/transmission problems. Yes, it may have been just a fuse but do you expect him to hunt down your problem for free? Your transmission exhibited problems that made it seem like it was blown (From what you said) so you probably asked him what it was and he said most likely a blown trans (Since lsx stock autos are NOTORIOUSLY weak, that would not come as a surprise)

Remember people, only one side of the story is being said here.
My vehicle was running fine as far as the transmission went when I dropped it of the first time.I gave the tuner the benefit of the doubt after I tracked down the fuse and brought it back to him so he can tune it.He done 3 pulls couldn't figure it out charged me an additiona; 100 bux and sent me on my merry way.I would have liked him to have told me he couldn;t do it the first time so I could have gone somewhere else.I'm sure he has done some good work he just didn't do good work for me wether it was my car or wiring or cam or weather or global warming or whatever reason he wanted
Old 05-26-2010, 05:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
And that is exactly it cause he does all his own work, blower setups, turbo cars, and fab work and basically everything out of his shop. He does it all really and by himself at that. +1 RICK@SYNERGY
Old 05-26-2010, 05:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

so back to my original Q is the timing normal at about 20* or no(I'm guessing its to advanced) and I've gathered that my a/f is a bit high
Old 05-26-2010, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

My car was tuned by Jesus at newtech.....

IMO both shops do well, got friends with cars tuned by both places that run awesome. You hear bad about everybody but honestly Nick is a cool *** dude and his tuning is top notch.
Old 05-26-2010, 06:19 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 209ryder
I know this thats why i deleted my post if u hadnt noticed that. I didnt want to knock his setup it was kind of a dick thing to post so i cleaned it up. thanks though
You were knocking our setup? I missed it... heheh

Quick Reply: Tuner can't tune my car