Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Clutch Install?

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2010, 02:26 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tmdz28
Thanks Ryne, do you open on Monday, I am thinking about stopping by your shop to purchase the shim on oct. 4th.

Thanks!

Sid.
we are open from tuesday-saturday 9:00-5:30
Old 10-15-2010, 03:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by grngt50
let's handle it bro, just not this weekend lol my wife will not be happy

-J
Are you still up for it my brother?

Tomorrow is the day!!
Old 10-17-2010, 10:43 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

let me know if you have enough people to help I can help out if you want.....
Old 10-18-2010, 11:25 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by emenny81
let me know if you have enough people to help I can help out if you want.....
Hey, thanks for the offer man. I did not see your post until today. We got it done, took us a total working time of 12 hours with 3 hour break here and there.

Putting the tranny back in was the biggest PITA ever!!!!

But, we got it down. Installed the TICK remote bleeder too, what a nice little system! The only mistake we made was not draining the tranny fluid before putting the tranny back in, and ended up showered by tranny fluid.

After all said and done, it went pretty smooth and the clutch engages early now and grabs strong! At break-in period it is still a little slippery, but still grab hard nonetheless.
Old 10-18-2010, 06:19 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tmdz28
Hey, thanks for the offer man. I did not see your post until today. We got it done, took us a total working time of 12 hours with 3 hour break here and there.

Putting the tranny back in was the biggest PITA ever!!!!

But, we got it down. Installed the TICK remote bleeder too, what a nice little system! The only mistake we made was not draining the tranny fluid before putting the tranny back in, and ended up showered by tranny fluid.

After all said and done, it went pretty smooth and the clutch engages early now and grabs strong! At break-in period it is still a little slippery, but still grab hard nonetheless.
That's good man my car is in desperate need of a clutch too how much did you end up spending all together ??
Old 10-18-2010, 07:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by emenny81
That's good man my car is in desperate need of a clutch too how much did you end up spending all together ??
Close to $500 i think for LS7 clutch kit and LS2 flywheel shipped (ws6store). I also purchased a new slave and TO bearing for $80 shipped (SNL performance), and a used (installed but never run) master cyl for $50 shipped. I also bought the a new pilot bearing from ws6store that i ended up not installing cause we forgot.

That's pretty much all you need, minus the master. I have not installed the master yet, cause you dont need to get the tranny out for that one. Oh, and go to autozone and get a 24" extension for $11. Worth every penny!!

Two advice if you want to do it yourself:

1) DRAIN the tranny fluid first!!
2) Buy a tranny jack, or get a tranny jack converter for $50 at harbor freight or something.

The hardest thing for us, as i mentioned earler was to put the tranny back in place. That this is HEAVY man.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:26 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If i was closer, i would have done it for ya. Ive dropped t56s way too many times on about 5 f-bodies.. Hell, i had 2 WS.6s BOTH on jackstands in my garage side by side. It took me about 10 hours to drop both T56s, clean em up, and reinstall them both. I DONT use a trans jack either.. But then again i am 6'2" and 230lbs.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:09 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NVR_SPDS
If i was closer, i would have done it for ya. Ive dropped t56s way too many times on about 5 f-bodies.. Hell, i had 2 WS.6s BOTH on jackstands in my garage side by side. It took me about 10 hours to drop both T56s, clean em up, and reinstall them both. I DONT use a trans jack either.. But then again i am 6'2" and 230lbs.
Nice, I'll keep that in mind for the next time (not so soon i hope).

Quick Reply: Clutch Install?