Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

N.Y showIN us HOW ITS DONE!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2010, 12:14 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default N.Y showIN us HOW ITS DONE!!!!!!

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/22472110 im PACKING UP....ON MY WAY TO THE N.Y...LOL

Last edited by LTXBOI; 10-16-2010 at 06:14 AM.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Bad link.
Old 10-16-2010, 01:31 AM
TECH Resident

http://news.yahoo.com/video/us-15749625/22472110
Old 10-16-2010, 03:13 AM
Teching In

I feel ya on this CJ. **** 4 bills in fines that's it? I think it's safe to say that CA is the one state that hates the 2 things that most of us guys love the most. Fast cars and firearms.

I love livin here, but DOT and congress can go to hell. What dude said in the end is very true, if they'd open more tracks, or legalize sanctioned street racing on closed streets during designated times, money could be made for both parties and everyone would be happy.

I can't speak for everyone but the peeps I know (a lot), we'd be able to take our "safe" street racing habits to local 1/4 mile tracks instead.
Old 10-16-2010, 06:31 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by LT Chevyboy
I feel ya on this CJ. **** 4 bills in fines that's it? I think it's safe to say that CA is the one state that hates the 2 things that most of us guys love the most. Fast cars and firearms.

I love livin here, but DOT and congress can go to hell. What dude said in the end is very true, if they'd open more tracks, or legalize sanctioned street racing on closed streets during designated times, money could be made for both parties and everyone would be happy.

I can't speak for everyone but the peeps I know (a lot), we'd be able to take our "safe" street racing habits to local 1/4 mile tracks instead.

So true...Irwindale need to make some changes 1 day of track time..and on a ****** thursday, so wack, nascar,migets and the bumper cars get more action at irwindale then us!!!! they need to give us thursday and saturday.They also need to open a day for drifting..$$$$$$$ the 2 most popular sports
Old 10-16-2010, 12:58 PM
TECH Fanatic

Basically if someone was smart enough they would make a track that catered to all of that near LA, then they can just watch the money roll in
Old 10-17-2010, 06:52 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by ReFtheMC
Basically if someone was smart enough they would make a track that catered to all of that near LA, then they can just watch the money roll in

lets make.the owners.or what ever they call there selve at Irwindale,fontana,bakersfield sponcers on tech..... Or more creative thinkers
Old 10-17-2010, 07:07 AM
Banned

Default i wonder why!!!!

We cry and complan about track venues...but do nothing about it...why you think mayors, city cancel do nothing about it?..we stimulate the economy with tickets. fines,and impound fees....excuse my spelling we all know what i mean.... they dont want the kids to skateboard on private or public property...so they build them skate parks....

where the **** is our skate park........ once a week @ irwindale,fontana,bakersfield...i dont vote nore study politices but like obama say....."TIME FOR CHANGE" We give them work by street racing...well lets put them out of business. and potition for more track days and more vinues...... dont have time for spell check if you fill you need to correct my engilsh,and not get the real message behind my "POST"....

Last edited by LTXBOI; 10-17-2010 at 07:14 AM.
Old 10-18-2010, 11:16 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I didn't see anything impressive about that street racing scene...
Old 10-18-2010, 05:37 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I didn't see anything impressive about that street racing scene...
"This guy"...one of the points was to get more cali events,meets going on.
Old 10-19-2010, 07:29 PM
Teching In

Well even Irwindale would be more enjoyable if maybe they did it like twice a week. 8 secs and quicker on Thurs nights only, bring a previous time slip that proves it.

And then 9 secs and slower on Friday nights, or something along those lines. This way it woudl help break up some of the congestion, cause **** after 5, 530 your lookin at about an hour between runs. And heaven forbid if there's an accident...
Old 10-19-2010, 09:55 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LT Chevyboy
Well even Irwindale would be more enjoyable if maybe they did it like twice a week. 8 secs and quicker on Thurs nights only, bring a previous time slip that proves it.

And then 9 secs and slower on Friday nights, or something along those lines. This way it woudl help break up some of the congestion, cause **** after 5, 530 your lookin at about an hour between runs. And heaven forbid if there's an accident...
+1 Pisses me off when I'm trying to track tune my car and I have to deal with countless stock SUV's running with passengers. There needs to be a way to seperate the serious racers from the people who just want to brag they went racing the next morning at work. There's even people who have no understanding of how the tree works
Old 10-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by SoCal01z28
+1 Pisses me off when I'm trying to track tune my car and I have to deal with countless stock SUV's running with passengers. There needs to be a way to seperate the serious racers from the people who just want to brag they went racing the next morning at work. There's even people who have no understanding of how the tree works
"There's even people who have no understanding of how the tree works"
Old 10-20-2010, 01:38 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SoCal01z28
Couldn't have said it better myself. That's my #1 complaint with Irwindale, and always has been. And I don't see what the prob with adding one more day of TNT would be?

I understand medical/emergency staff, track prep, tow trucks all cost money but c'mon if Thurs are over capacitated as it is, than it's obvious they need to expand to twice a week, the business is there if they'd open their eyes and accept it.
Old 10-20-2010, 03:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Would be nice if the dale went to 1/4 mile as well.

Me and some other people had looked into opening a track, it almost could not happen you have to be properly zoned for noise, the area has to have a study done to make sure you are not affecting any local wildlife, you have to pay for all this, and on top of that you would need to pay for safety crew, equipment, and so on.

I will agree splitting up Irwindale, I would get a good amount more passes on thursday nights lol.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:49 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84

Me and some other people had looked into opening a track, it almost could not happen you have to be properly zoned for noise, the area has to have a study done to make sure you are not affecting any local wildlife, you have to pay for all this, and on top of that you would need to pay for safety crew, equipment, and so on.

I will agree splitting up Irwindale, I would get a good amount more passes on thursday nights lol.
yeah im gonna check into it, see if its even possible at dale...probably not,saturdays consist of nascar..
Old 10-21-2010, 06:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

exactly time for change. but
hopefully this change actually
happens for the benefit of the masses
Old 10-21-2010, 11:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I think if it was actually pofitable for the Dale to be open two days a week, they would already have been doing that. I know it's crowded there, but the entrance fee is not that much and I don't imagine splitting up the current racing crowd into two days (double the expenses) is going to be in their best interest.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:20 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Dont look too underground to me with a butt load of people watching and being on ABC News. Lol.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:22 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84

I agree. Irwindale can easily be made a 1/4 mile. With the track being only 300ft above sea level and DA rarely going over 1200ft it would be one of the quickest tracks in SoCal, easily 3-4tenths quicker than Fontana. That would be sweet but the crowds would be a lot bigger. Then a Tue and Thur TNT would easily be profitable for them.

Quick Reply: N.Y showIN us HOW ITS DONE!!!!!!