Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Need to swap sensors with someone for a 10 minutes drive.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2010, 09:43 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Need to swap sensors with someone for a 10 minutes drive.

I think my TPS is fucked up and i was seeing if anyone in the 714 area wouldnt mind me comin by and swapping their TPS into my car to see if that sold the problem while i drove around for 5-10 minutes.

my cell is 714 944 7366, i gotta go to the dr with my fiance @ 10, but im free any other time today.

LMK!
Old 11-05-2010, 11:05 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
I think my TPS is fucked up and i was seeing if anyone in the 714 area wouldnt mind me comin by and swapping their TPS into my car to see if that sold the problem while i drove around for 5-10 minutes.

my cell is 714 944 7366, i gotta go to the dr with my fiance @ 10, but im free any other time today.

LMK!
What code are you getting? The one for circuit malfunction or the one for performance/out of range?
Old 11-05-2010, 11:13 AM
11 Second Club

I'm not getting a code, I don't have anything to scan with I'm having HORRIBLE idle problems and from all the reading I've done and sensors I've replaced I've narrowed it to TPS or a horrrrrrrrrrible tune. But it starting acting up after I drove it in the rain one day. I've replaced iat, iac, maf, cleaned the tb like a neurotic ocd person so I'm out of ideas.

If I have the car about 2K the idles hangs for 10-30 seconds before returning to normal and sometimes will idle up to 3K and stay there. if its throwing its little idle "tempertantrum" and I put the cruise on @ say 1900 rpms it will pull itself up to 2200-2500 rpms so I'm always on the brakes to keep it from running through whatever is infront of me
Old 11-05-2010, 11:15 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm not getting a code, I don't have anything to scan with I'm having HORRIBLE idle problems and from all the reading I've done and sensors I've replaced I've narrowed it to TPS or a horrrrrrrrrrible tune. But it starting acting up after I drove it in the rain one day. I've replaced iat, iac, maf, cleaned the tb like a neurotic ocd person so I'm out of ideas.

If I have the car about 2K the idles hangs for 10-30 seconds before returning to normal and sometimes will idle up to 3K and stay there. if its throwing its little idle "tempertantrum" and I put the cruise on @ say 1900 rpms it will pull itself up to 2200-2500 rpms so I'm always on the brakes to keep it from running through whatever is infront of me
Interesting, well swapping TPS sensors will only take a min to try it out. Are you sure you've eliminated a vacuum leak as the culprit?
Old 11-05-2010, 12:20 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got a spare TB you could use the sensors from. I just left u a VM
Old 11-05-2010, 02:03 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by CaliforniaBoy5
I got a spare TB you could use the sensors from. I just left u a VM
Im at the doctors with my fiance right now... stupid place taking forever. Imma shoot you a text in a second
Old 11-05-2010, 02:14 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
Interesting, well swapping TPS sensors will only take a min to try it out. Are you sure you've eliminated a vacuum leak as the culprit?
Ive sprayed the whole motor and hlines with carb cleaner and nothing, so im like 98% sure its not vacuum
Old 11-05-2010, 05:50 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

if the idle is hanging and the thottle isnt sticking, then it seems like a tune issue, likely related to too much Base idle airflow, or too much airflow in the throttle cracker table, or possibly a combination of both
Old 11-05-2010, 06:11 PM
11 Second Club

okay a few tihngs i figured/realized today dicking around with it. The car doesnt do it until it is warm, when i first start it and drive it till the car shows 200* it idles fine and dandy like normal then it starts to idle like a retarded

the only reason i dont hink its in the tume is that it happened so randomly and 1 out of every 10 times er maybe 15 times it wont do it (when warm)
Old 11-05-2010, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

okay a few tihngs i figured/realized today dicking around with it. The car doesnt do it until it is warm, when i first start it and drive it till the car shows 200* it idles fine and dandy like normal then it starts to idle like a retarded

the only reason i dont hink its in the tume is that it happened so randomly and 1 out of every 10 times er maybe 15 times it wont do it (when warm)
Maybe try swapping out your MAF while you are at it as well.

Quick Reply: Need to swap sensors with someone for a 10 minutes drive.