Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Anyone got a Tick master? Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2010, 03:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Anyone got a Tick master? Thoughts?

Thinking of buying one - since i've had the car (4 years a new clutch/master/slave 2 years ago) i've always had issues after racing/spirited driving with getting it into first/reverse and I end up having to flush the slave/master fluid before its decent again ~

So is the Tick worth the 300 bucks? Or is a Mcloud or Ram master good enough? My master has the drill mod done do it also
Old 11-07-2010, 03:24 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have the tick. it was worth it imo. way smoother shifts. the ram one is not worth it imo. all it is, is a stock one with the drill mod and made adjustable. the mcloud is good aswell but it still uses the stock line from the stock master but works great aswewll.(my brother has the mcloud) on the tick its a bigger cylinder & a bigger line so you know your getting more fluid .i was having a problem with the clutch pedal staying low after wot & not going in from 2-3. imo dont think about anymore and get it.
Old 11-07-2010, 03:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Its a thousand times worth it. I couldnt get my Trans Am to shift after I dropped in the forged 347 and new bigger cam. It was alright on the street but at the track there was major lag in my shifts not to mention it would pretty much go to the floor after the race. I dropped in a tick master and I could actually powershift the car(clutch in, shift, and clutch out without lifting off of the throttle at all). I have no experience with the ram or mcleod but if your gonna do it, do it right. I have one for my Z06 as well but im not having too many issues and havent had time to install it yet.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:03 PM
Staging Lane

After I had my trans built and my clutch installed I couldn't shift it for ****. I must have bled the dam thing a hundred times but it never fixed the problem. I kick myself now for not listening to everyone sooner and getting the tick from the beginning. It's well worth the price. My car shifts great now at all RPMs.. It makes all the difference.

Also, order the speed bleeder as well.. Put that in at the same time. I'm kicking myself for not listening to that as well......
Old 11-07-2010, 08:58 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

fwiw the new mcleod is a wilwood unit and has a larger bore and new line going from master to slave so it will move more fluid throughout the system not just through the m/s and neck down at the line.

Im getting my new mcloed tomorrow and will let you know how it is after i get everything put togeterh
Old 11-08-2010, 12:43 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SS4Luck
fwiw the new mcleod is a wilwood unit and has a larger bore and new line going from master to slave so it will move more fluid throughout the system not just through the m/s and neck down at the line.

Im getting my new mcloed tomorrow and will let you know how it is after i get everything put togeterh

Go with the tick
Old 11-08-2010, 02:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SS4Luck

Dude you are going ahead with it? Congrats man. I really cannot wait to see your car at the track, you have inspired me, I may be looking to get a daily driver here soon to retire my car and get it going to be a track only car.

I have done a tick on a 98 Fbody, it is super easy, took me like 1 hour to do it having never done it ever. A tip when installing the tick master, make sure you leave the rod going from the pedal to the m/s on, it will help you guide it through the mounting hole for the m/s. I found this out really quick.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:10 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by haighter
Go with the tick
its hard to pass up at the price im getting it for *free*. It it doesnt help ill just get the tick i guess... or go auto. Im about ready to push my car off a ******* cliff

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Dude you are going ahead with it? Congrats man. I really cannot wait to see your car at the track, you have inspired me, I may be looking to get a daily driver here soon to retire my car and get it going to be a track only car.

I have done a tick on a 98 Fbody, it is super easy, took me like 1 hour to do it having never done it ever. A tip when installing the tick master, make sure you leave the rod going from the pedal to the m/s on, it will help you guide it through the mounting hole for the m/s. I found this out really quick.

well then you my friend will be who i am calling tomorrow when im lost and confused lol

pics are on the camrea, will be in your PM box tomorrow

Quick Reply: Anyone got a Tick master? Thoughts?