Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Question about a situation.

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2011, 12:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
I'm salary and work until 7 PM sometimes to get the job done.

I'm not getting overtime or anything either.

Why didn't you want to to clock in? Even if you were going to have to wait, that would have been 10 minutes on the clock.
I'm salary as well. Try having to come into work at 11:30 at night, working til 4:30am, then coming back at 7am and working til 8pm. I only get 8 hours for that day, lol... That's rare though, usually I just work 9-6, but salary means you work as long as it takes to get the job done, and I do.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:02 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ss.slp.ls1
I'm salary as well. Try coming into work at 11:30 at night, working til 4:30, then coming back at 7 and working til 8. I only get 8 hours for that day, lol...
Oh yeah, I know the feeling. My last job, I often worked 90-100 hour weeks.
Old 01-07-2011, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I work 210 hours every 2 weeks in trashcanistan.. Havent had a day off in 5 1/2 months, christmas and new years included.
Old 01-07-2011, 08:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ROCNDAV
I'm salary and work until 7 PM sometimes to get the job done.

I'm not getting overtime or anything either.

Why didn't you want to to clock in? Even if you were going to have to wait, that would have been 10 minutes on the clock.
Just the tone he used with me to tell me to clock in. He never asks the employees in a nice way. Always with an attitude like he walks around with a dick in his ***. And I just didn't appreciate the way he told me. I should of just told him to tone it down a bit. But I know what his answer would of been anyway. The I don't give a *** attitude... Like I said, ex army guy.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

you don't need to brown nose, but you could show some respect. he probably has his way of doing things which works great for him and his superiors. if you need the job, it would be in your best interest to try to put your differences aside and work with the guy. learn what he knows, show you can do your job.

i hate brown nosing myself, but i tone that hate down a bit. currently i'm working under a manager who actually hates brown nosing himself and all is well. eventually the brown nosers get their titles and the "cream rises to the top."

that ex-army guy gave you an opportunity to go above and beyond to help out. this is something that would have been taken into consideration later on if an opportunity for a raise or promotion came up.

in these hard economic times, it is best to put your emotional sensitivities aside while trying to make your way to earning a decent buck. if you do your job, he may eventually give his words that sugar coating you feel entitled to.
Old 01-08-2011, 10:37 AM
TECH Senior Member

yeah bro, i would definitely watch the tough guy attitude with your boss. He is your boss. Just go about your business and do your job the way your supposed to do it. i mean to really act like a ***** when the boss needed you to clock in early might be a bad thing for you later. You might need time off, or something and hes gonna remember the day you mouthed off. So i would definitely chill on that.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wait I thought this was a car forum?! So is he jealous of your ride or something? Lol seriously tho man, there's a diff between being f*€ked with and helping out the team. I have guys do the same thing you pulled to me and guess what they get every **** job. Your best bet is to just do and excell at it, not for them but for yourself. Its called self pride, get some!!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Teching In

One other thing while you were giving your parents the same bs attitude your giving your boss he was probably somewhere protecting your right to do so! After he cans your *** join the military and really earn your spot in society!
Old 01-08-2011, 01:05 PM
Launching!

yeah dude there was no need for your tough guy wolverine attitude. might as well clock in and work if youre just gonna sit around and not do **** for ten minutes. learn some respect
Old 01-08-2011, 01:40 PM
Staging Lane

He can answer all your questions about "situation"

But on a serious note. You pretty much screwed yourself. Your job will be an uphill battle from now on. Best way to go about it now is to apologize. With this economy, I bet HR has like 100's of people applying there every week. They could easily give your job to someone else. I wouldn't want to be in your shoes.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mannyman84
True. I could get fired for no reason. But wouldn't I have to be on the clock? Because if I'm not, it's like I'm not there.
Yeah, he would put you on the clock to fire you. I believe if you get fired in CA in your off time (between shifts/days), they have to pay you four hours for the day in which you come in and get your *** handed to you, with check.
Old 01-08-2011, 04:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

I guess I'm on the other side of most of these opinions. If you want to give him **** back, play his games, that's your prerogative and I won't judge.

After all, its your job, not ours.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:03 PM
On The Tree

There is always going to be some ******* in every company.You need to realize that in this economy you are expendable,I'm sure they can find a replacement within a couple of minutes. You can either grow up and do your job at your best ability or keep the same attitude and join the thousands of people looking for a job.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I see what everyone is saying.... But! The guy is always a dick with everyone and thinks he can talk like that to anyone. I don't like to be talked like that because I'm not a dog or something. If he would of told me in a lower tone I wouldn't of hasitated to clock in. I guess I should of just kept my mouth shut in a way. We both have been working at LAX for about the same time. (couple months apart) but I'm in lower position since I like to earn my way up the right way. And there has been times where he asks me how to do things and I don't hesitate to help, and for him to talk like that and put me on blast in front of the rest of the employees isn't right.
Old 01-08-2011, 05:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CHELOZ28
There is always going to be some ******* in every company.You need to realize that in this economy you are expendable,I'm sure they can find a replacement within a couple of minutes. You can either grow up and do your job at your best ability or keep the same attitude and join the thousands of people looking for a job.
I have 2 jobs so that's why sometimes it doesn't phase me.
Old 01-08-2011, 06:21 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Just to give you an employers take, when I had an employee do something that made completing our project a little more difficult, I called through some old applicants after the work day was over and had his replacement out to the jobsite 2 days later. Next day, I set up a few more interviews. Point being, I wasn't about to let my clients down because of some jerkoff with a problem taking direction. As a boss, you deal with a ton of headache from all directions as it is; with a stable full of reserves, it was easy to weed out people that are just making more headache.

Bottom line, you're in the wrong. He can tell you or ask you--if you don't like it, quit the job. If you need the job, grit your teeth and put up with it. Outside the workplace he's not your boss & you can brush him off if you don't like something about him. During work though, you're only employed for the benefit of the operation as a whole, so **** your feelings (mean that in a nice way, in case you really are sensitive ).

If you don't need the job, well don't put up with it.
Old 01-08-2011, 07:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Is this a small private business or large business? If they fire you for no cause they will most likely have to pay unemployment and most companies try to avoid these. I say the manager deserves the same attitude he is dishing out.

If I was a manager I would have asked you if you could help me out by clocking in early. No need to be a dick and demand things or be condescending. It's unprofessional and unnecessary to thrown around your weight as a manager. I would rather be respected as a superior so that employees will want to go above and beyond the call of duty than hated and have employees try to f*ck me over at their first chance.

Sometimes it takes someone with ***** to stand up to these ********, in my experience they might even respect you after. Damn the man!!!!
Old 01-08-2011, 09:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

It's a world wide business. It's airport company and yes they would have to pay me unemployment lol. If he fires me it's not that easy to find a replacement since I have 7 years of experience doing what I do. I could just go to another company and not deal with his ***. I only have an attitude if you have one with me, that's how I am.
Old 01-08-2011, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

A lot of times when it comes down to it. You want hard asses like him to vouch for you.
Old 01-09-2011, 01:03 AM
Teching In

Or he could make your life hell til you quit then they don't have to pay you anything! Oh and keep thinking your something special and it'll be hard to replace you.

Quick Reply: Question about a situation.