Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Question about a situation.

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2011, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is funny because those that say "He can fire you for whatever he wants" blah blah blah. While this may be true, you can clearly fight it and win. There's a older gentleman that I work with and believe it or not my company fired him 3 times and each time he took them to court and won AND he's still working there now. Good thing is... all those 3 times he won EVERY SINGLE employee there got extra money out of this. Needless to say... our management knows not to f*ck around with him anymore.

Just today one of my managers who I really despise only because of the way he works things pissed me off today, but I really don't want to get on managements bad side so I sucked it up and held my tongue. He also ALWAYS asks for me to clock in early and only one time I said "Yeah, just let me finish my Starbucks" He walked away kind of pissed and I never even clocked in early. I try to stay away from him as much as possible because of the way he works things.

My advice to you Manny is just try not to get on his bad side. I mean it'll be a lot better and he or they won't be keeping a close eye on you either. Because I'm really cool with all the managers and BS with them they let me get away with a lot and when I'm late they don't make a big deal out of it. For the others that they don't like, they watch like an eagle for reasons to let them go.
Old 01-09-2011, 02:18 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by mannyman84
but I'm in lower position since I like to earn my way up the right way.
oh schnap.. Shoulda ASKED to be his boss when you started. What were you thinking? I was offered $28/hr, but i took the $12/hr because i like to earn my way up the right way..
Old 01-09-2011, 04:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Idk what u do but in this job u have to work your way up. I deal with peoples lives everyday
Old 01-09-2011, 10:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

if you think he's being inappropriate and causing problems for yourself and other employees, you could just go talk to HR and not say a word about it to anyone else. never know, they might have received other complaints about him and you might be the better man for the job.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

It's airport company and yes they would have to pay me unemployment lol.
Thats actually not true at all. if you are fired for underperforming (aka fired for anything you did "wrong"), they do not have to pay unemployment. people who get laid off due to cutbacks and things like that are the ones who benefit from unemployment
Old 01-09-2011, 01:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by KILLER-LS1
Thats actually not true at all. if you are fired for underperforming (aka fired for anything you did "wrong"), they do not have to pay unemployment. people who get laid off due to cutbacks and things like that are the ones who benefit from unemployment
I got fired from my first LAX job and got unemployment. I got fired for no call no show.
Old 01-10-2011, 11:01 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I got fired from my first LAX job and got unemployment. I got fired for no call no show.
And you wonder why this guy is a dick to you?

Anyway, you say you want to work your way up, but don't seem to know how to go about it. If this guy is a ***** to everyone, win him over. If he gets the job done his bosses will notice and never hurts to be a right hand man when promotions are being handed out
Old 01-10-2011, 11:03 AM
TECH Junkie

at least he tried to get you to clock in. Walmart got in trouble for doing the same thing (forcing people to work before their shift started) only they told people NOT to clock in and to work for free.
Old 01-10-2011, 12:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Anniversary "Z"
And you wonder why this guy is a dick to you?

Anyway, you say you want to work your way up, but don't seem to know how to go about it. If this guy is a ***** to everyone, win him over. If he gets the job done his bosses will notice and never hurts to be a right hand man when promotions are being handed out
he is a dick to everyone, not girls. All the guys he talks **** to. I honestly don't want to work my way up. I don't want to be resposible for anything that we do there, just because I know he will be on me tougher. I'll stay as a regular and not stress over this idiot that thinks he can talk down people when he feels like it.

Originally Posted by 1995blacktattop
at least he tried to get you to clock in. Walmart got in trouble for doing the same thing (forcing people to work before their shift started) only they told people NOT to clock in and to work for free.
Wow! I hope they got in trouble for that
Old 01-10-2011, 01:41 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by borlaz28
Or he could make your life hell til you quit then they don't have to pay you anything! Oh and keep thinking your something special and it'll be hard to replace you.
Actually this is against the law as well, making conditions so bad that any normal person will quit. You can take them to court
Old 01-10-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Junkie

he is a dick to everyone, not girls. All the guys he talks **** to. I honestly don't want to work my way up. I don't want to be resposible for anything that we do there, just because I know he will be on me tougher. I'll stay as a regular and not stress over this idiot that thinks he can talk down people when he feels like it.

Wow! I hope they got in trouble for that

i never worked at walmart but a friend of mine did in the late 90s and i think it happened to him. he got a few hundred $ as part of a lawsuit settlement
Old 01-10-2011, 07:35 PM
Teching In

That's the problem with people, if they have to work for a living or do something they don't want to do they just go and sue someone. Just go to work and make that dollar and go home with the self satisfaction that you did it honestly! There are these kinda ******** no matter where you work DEAL WITH IT!
Old 01-10-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by borlaz28
That's the problem with people, if they have to work for a living or do something they don't want to do they just go and sue someone. Just go to work and make that dollar and go home with the self satisfaction that you did it honestly! There are these kinda ******** no matter where you work DEAL WITH IT!
There's been some good posts but this one right here is a gem. I hate people in the work place always looking for the loophole to sue so they can pile up funds without putting in the honest work. Whether its a name they got called, they way someone told them to get off their lazy *** and work, a sideways glance, or a manager crackin' down on some ****...people need to grow a thicker skin and suck it the **** up. It's a sad state of our overly-litigious "look at me, I'm always the victim" society.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:22 PM
Launching!

Today at work the manager got me a little mad. He told me, not asked. Told me to clock in early (10min) I refused and said no I'm going to wait for my time. *smile and smirk* He gave me a look and asked me.. You're not going to clock in? (raised voice)..... I said no... U can't make me. He said that he could fire me for insubordination... I said. How? I'm not even on the clock, I could just walk outside and act like I'm not here..... At the end I clocked in beause the other manager asked nicely lol.

My question: can he really fire me if he wants me to clock in before my time? Or make me stay passed my schedule?
**** it!!! I'll be the first to say it...I hope your *** gets fired. I'm sure theres plenty of people that would like to have your job, do them a favor and just quit.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:34 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OP - just be aware work is a much smaller world than we realize; especially when you're talking about within the same industry(-ies). I've worked with many clowns, but at the end of the day, be the better man, work hard and honest and you'll make it to whatever you desire. Also, especially in these times, thank God for even being able to work right now; many folks would love to have anything over nothing.
Old 01-10-2011, 08:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by fspeedster
**** it!!! I'll be the first to say it...I hope your *** gets fired. I'm sure theres plenty of people that would like to have your job, do them a favor and just quit.
Thanks. Wish u the same
Old 01-10-2011, 10:39 PM
Teching In

how old are you? im pretty young myself, but you are acting like a 7 year old..most people have ******* bosses...i dont hope you get fired, but i do hope you stop taking your job for granted...
Old 01-11-2011, 12:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by WS697RamAir
how old are you? im pretty young myself, but you are acting like a 7 year old..most people have ******* bosses...i dont hope you get fired, but i do hope you stop taking your job for granted...
I don't see how I'm acting 7....
Old 01-11-2011, 03:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Nacho SS
There's been some good posts but this one right here is a gem. I hate people in the work place always looking for the loophole to sue so they can pile up funds without putting in the honest work. Whether its a name they got called, they way someone told them to get off their lazy *** and work, a sideways glance, or a manager crackin' down on some ****...people need to grow a thicker skin and suck it the **** up. It's a sad state of our overly-litigious "look at me, I'm always the victim" society.
if his and your reply was directed at my comments about walmsrt, while some of what you're saying makes sense, remember that they outlawed slavery almost 150 years ago so there are instances where it is NOT ok for a company to try to force an hourly employee to work off the clock.
Old 01-11-2011, 03:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SSmokin99
This is funny because those that say "He can fire you for whatever he wants" blah blah blah. While this may be true, you can clearly fight it and win. There's a older gentleman that I work with and believe it or not my company fired him 3 times and each time he took them to court and won AND he's still working there now. Good thing is... all those 3 times he won EVERY SINGLE employee there got extra money out of this. Needless to say... our management knows not to f*ck around with him anymore.

Just today one of my managers who I really despise only because of the way he works things pissed me off today, but I really don't want to get on managements bad side so I sucked it up and held my tongue. He also ALWAYS asks for me to clock in early and only one time I said "Yeah, just let me finish my Starbucks" He walked away kind of pissed and I never even clocked in early. I try to stay away from him as much as possible because of the way he works things.

My advice to you Manny is just try not to get on his bad side. I mean it'll be a lot better and he or they won't be keeping a close eye on you either. Because I'm really cool with all the managers and BS with them they let me get away with a lot and when I'm late they don't make a big deal out of it. For the others that they don't like, they watch like an eagle for reasons to let them go.

This sums it up perfectly. OP, if you want to go far in life and work up the chain in your career, the you have to go "above and beyond". Some will succeed, and some won't. However, you NEVER want to burn a bridge with a manager/supervisor, or whatever the hell they may be. As for all the people on here bashing him, get over it. Like already stated, it's his job and not yours.
The only thing that I can suggest to you, is try to talk to him one on one, and let him know that you don't like the way he talks to you. (Tactfully)
A lot of times, this will fix problems like these.

Quick Reply: Question about a situation.