Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Question about a situation.

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2011, 04:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You sound immature...its work..your never suppose to **** where you sleep...woopie you have two jobs why? Your bragging like you dont need one of them but in reality you do. I DO KNOW HE CAN SUSPEND YOU RIGHT THEN AND THERE FOR THAT SAME REASON REFUSING TO WORK!!!! HE WOULD WIN..plan n simple...seems like he needed help either lack of help on the exisiting shift or really busy customer order etc whatever it is you do..Just remember anyone can be replaced at anytime...your just a company number...
Old 01-11-2011, 04:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

[QUOTE=NORCALMUSCLE1;14348090] I DO KNOW HE CAN SUSPEND YOU RIGHT THEN AND THERE FOR THAT SAME REASON REFUSING TO WORK!!!! HE WOULD WIN..QUOTE]

On what grounds?? Refusing to work when he wasn't even on the clock? Tell me, how would he win that battle?
Old 01-11-2011, 05:21 PM
Teching In

Techically some places have you clock in ten mins early regardless with pay! Doesnt matter if your on the clock or not acting like a punk will get you introuble been there done that...tech if the manager needs help and asks you to clock in you should..as far for grounds there is no grounds anymore theres way to many people looking for work! His boss can win..theres no doubt his boss would win..he refused to clock which basically means you refused to work ..if his standing around the clock for ten minutes he will loose because upper management will agree with his boss...why didnt you clock in manny? Because i wanted be tough...well you were standing around sucking on a straw instead of providing help! Its a simple game man...never mess around where you get paid! Why act tough to your boss...you never know when your gunna need sometime off...emergency..come in late etc etc...anyone who agrees with manny needs to grow up..
Old 01-11-2011, 06:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NORCALMUSCLE1
Techically some places have you clock in ten mins early regardless with pay! Doesnt matter if your on the clock or not acting like a punk will get you introuble been there done that...tech if the manager needs help and asks you to clock in you should..as far for grounds there is no grounds anymore theres way to many people looking for work! His boss can win..theres no doubt his boss would win..he refused to clock which basically means you refused to work ..if his standing around the clock for ten minutes he will loose because upper management will agree with his boss...why didnt you clock in manny? Because i wanted be tough...well you were standing around sucking on a straw instead of providing help! Its a simple game man...never mess around where you get paid! Why act tough to your boss...you never know when your gunna need sometime off...emergency..come in late etc etc...anyone who agrees with manny needs to grow up..
Technically you are wrong about having to clock in early. If your manager needs you there 10 minutes earlier, he would have scheduled you accordingly. I'd rather be early and settle in before working my shift than late. Just because you say so is not sufficient grounds.

About growing up, I think the manager needs to grow up and realize its 2011 not the 1920's. Some people will stand up for workers rights while other are complacent and will gladly bend over and take it in the...

Originally Posted by borlaz28
That's the problem with people, if they have to work for a living or do something they don't want to do they just go and sue someone. Just go to work and make that dollar and go home with the self satisfaction that you did it honestly! There are these kinda ******** no matter where you work DEAL WITH IT!
There has to be some protection for employees, otherwise we would be stuck with 16hr shifts, no benefits, no insurance, no paid overtime, no vacations etc. Guess how these benefits were accomplished genious? Yup, by suing

True there are ******** but these people get away with being ******** because nobody does anything about it and just "DEALS WITH IT!" Some people want to go to work without being harassed while others don't care.
Old 01-11-2011, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Others aren't scared to do a little bit of work or even go a little out of their way to help others out. Like some have said, one day your going to need that dick of a boss for some reason or another! I'm not saying kiss his *** or let him treat you like **** but there is a mature and proper way of going about it. Having a pissing contest with him will get you know where. Maybe next time ask him why he needs you to clock in early. Just a thought!
Old 01-11-2011, 08:46 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by borlaz28
Others aren't scared to do a little bit of work or even go a little out of their way to help others out. Like some have said, one day your going to need that dick of a boss for some reason or another! I'm not saying kiss his *** or let him treat you like **** but there is a mature and proper way of going about it. Having a pissing contest with him will get you know where. Maybe next time ask him why he needs you to clock in early. Just a thought!
Agreed. There's a fine line between kissing *** and being a damn good employee. Most good employees know how to walk the line. At the end of the day, you catch more flies with molasses than with vinegar and it's important to have those flies on your side.
Old 01-12-2011, 12:23 AM

My issue with the OP is he keeps using the excuse that the manager is ex army. What does that have to do with anything? I know plenty of ex millitary and none of them are like that. On the other hand I know a few people who are like that and have nothing to do with the millitary.

In most places if you are on the property before and after work they can fire you for any reason. Best thing to do is do your job quietly and correctly and he will not bother you in the first place.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NORCALMUSCLE1
They may be required to clock in early, but CANNOT be required to work with no pay. However, if they do require you to clock in 10 minutes early, then it will most likely be scheduled to reflect the changes. Legally, there cannot be any repercussion for someone who is refusing to clock in early. If that were the case, then someone could get "suspended/fired" for not comining in on their off day to help out when called in to work.

Quick Reply: Question about a situation.