Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got pulled over for tint and cop checked the engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 02:11 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got pulled over for tint and cop checked the engine

I got pulled over for window tint and and the cop popped the hood. ******** saw the K&N intake and said it was illegal. I showed him the CARB sticker but he said it was supposed to be on the intake. He then saw my L/T and said I need to go to smog referee. Looks like I am fucked for now. But I was also told the ref sticker doesn't mean **** since it doesn't go into the DMV anyway. I just need to pay the fine for tint and not to worry about the ref smog.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:13 PM
On The Tree

What a dick!...i HATE cops like that.....we you doing anything to "provoke" his behavior?
Old 09-08-2011, 02:25 PM
On The Tree

Not at all. I just sat their quietly while he checked my license and registration. He asked if I had any engine mods and I told him that I didn't put anything on. He asked me to pop the hood and then I knew it was down hill from there.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:27 PM
On The Tree

So he pulled you over just to check your tint?

What an ***..sorry for your luck man...
Old 09-08-2011, 02:39 PM
Launching!

Some cops are just true *** holes!!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bernarlitt
Some cops are just true *** holes!!
Only if you are a criminal or breaking the law, but yes some are true A$$Holes by nature!!!
Old 09-08-2011, 02:47 PM
TECH Resident

Shouldn't of popped the hood.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:34 PM
On The Tree

I will just pay the fine and take the tint off. I am not going to bother going to the Ref so I am leaving my L/Ts on.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:37 PM
TECH Regular

yea you can go in there and fight him. Take a picture of your motor and show him your carb sticker.
Old 09-08-2011, 03:41 PM
Staging Lane

thanks god no emissions or smog rules here !!!
Old 09-08-2011, 03:56 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

LTs, flowmaster 40s, and a MS3...next time you get pulled over, kill the engine before you pull over and coast to a stop. This has happened to me a lot for window tint and I guarantee my car is also louder..once i get pulled over for window tint i get hit with no front plate, it's basically an automatic. When I've been asked if I did any motor work or exhaust work, it was a "no" with a puzzled look on my face, followed by a "oh, well, I changed the mufflers in the back..?"
Old 09-08-2011, 04:01 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

i got pulled over for no front plate.cop-" i see you have no front plate". me-" nope no front plate". the cop thought i had a headlight out and he checked and of course i did not. it was night and my windows were down. asks me to put mine up and checks the tint, which i dont even have any. then lets me go. told me to get that plate on.

what a waste of time
Old 09-08-2011, 04:44 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by autogeek23
i got pulled over for no front plate.cop-" i see you have no front plate". me-" nope no front plate". the cop thought i had a headlight out and he checked and of course i did not. it was night and my windows were down. asks me to put mine up and checks the tint, which i dont even have any. then lets me go. told me to get that plate on.

what a waste of time
I dont believe they are allowed to ask you to roll up your windows if they were down to begin with.....
Old 09-08-2011, 04:53 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 64 Likes on 36 Posts

Illegal modification. Ridiculous. I thought that was just FNF science fiction the first time I heard that term. What country is California in anyway?
Old 09-08-2011, 05:03 PM
TECH Resident

and this is why I'm taking off my tint, mods in sig
Old 09-08-2011, 05:18 PM
TECH Addict

Sucks man. That's one reason I don't have ANYTHiNG tinted. I dont need yet ANOTHER stupid reason to get pulled over.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
LTs, flowmaster 40s, and a MS3...next time you get pulled over, kill the engine before you pull over and coast to a stop. This has happened to me a lot for window tint and I guarantee my car is also louder..once i get pulled over for window tint i get hit with no front plate, it's basically an automatic. When I've been asked if I did any motor work or exhaust work, it was a "no" with a puzzled look on my face, followed by a "oh, well, I changed the mufflers in the back..?"
I didn't coast to a stop but I did turn the car off right away. Screw trying to make my car 100% cali legal. California legal cats plus Carb Legal shorties plus install would be about $3500-3600. Cats alone are 2200 a pair. Also the cams may or may not pass and new cams plus instal and tune would be nearly $1600.
Old 09-08-2011, 05:42 PM
On The Tree

damn where are you getting your installs lol
Old 09-08-2011, 05:54 PM
TECH Apprentice

Parked in front of my friends house on the 7th of last month, noontime waiting for him to come out. I see the police coming up the street behind me and think nothing of it. As they approach they slow and give me a funny look. There was another car behind them so they couldnt really stop. As they get to the corner I see that they are lingering. I figure they were trying to see what I would do. But didnt pay it too much attention till i see the car coming down the block again behind me. Now I know they are gonna bother me. So they flash their lights and get out. I see the officers get out and switch position. Black female officer who was driving takes rear right quater panel, white male officer takes my window. I get the normal, do you know, why I pulled you over? I say no cuz I didnt. He says your registration is suspended. Im like no it isnt. He ask for reg., insur., and L's. Turns out reg. was suspended because I had forgotten to renew 6month premium. Idk how I forgot but I did. Turns out the letter from dmv was in the car unopened from the first of last month, six days previous. Anyway officer writes me a ticket and tells me go home. I was on the way to insurance anyway cuz Dvd/Tv had been stolen that night before. Now I was double pissed. Car broken into and I find out I dont have insurance when getting a ticket same day. But anyway I ask officer why he ran my plate he said just a HUNCH! Cant wait to go to court to tell judge this. He has No legal reason to run my plate. Sorry to thread jack
Old 09-08-2011, 05:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

BTW, Cops are asses for **** like this...

Quick Reply: Got pulled over for tint and cop checked the engine