Old 09-09-2011, 02:43 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yup. Paid the ticket and that was that
Old 09-09-2011, 05:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Where the hell did you fall from? Dude Mike long time no see you goofy turd haha.

So you're an LEO now?

I get lucky, last time I got pulled over, the cop just told me he knew I had a modified exhaust and liked my car since he has a 01 SS and saw my 11 in wide rims and asked what tires I was running and what was done, he took down my phone number and I told him to call if he needed anything done to the car. I am sure glad that I have not had a dick for a cop light me up, I had a CHP PU behind me yesterday on the 210 and he followed me for several miles I got off the freeway he just looked over at me kind of nodded then kept on.
Whats up man.. Yeah i have been laying low.. sold all the cars to take the new job. i have been a LEO for 3 years now. I'm Federal but work with locals all the time, its a blast. i'm about to move on a new ride within the next couple months so hopefully i'll be hanging with you at Irwindale soon.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 98V8gorilla
Yup. Paid the ticket and that was that
Do you remember if violation began with a 271?
Old 09-10-2011, 01:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gmantheman
So you just paid the ticket but didn't worry about taking it to a ref station
you can just pay the ticket and be done with it but ref tickets are usally 1500+
your better off at least setting a court date and then hope the cop does not show up and then if he does worse case scenario you have to pay the ticket

ive myself have dealt with ca traffic court systems a lot, ive been there done that
Old 09-10-2011, 01:46 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by tripblackls1
you can just pay the ticket and be done with it but ref tickets are usally 1500+
your better off at least setting a court date and then hope the cop does not show up and then if he does worse case scenario you have to pay the ticket

ive myself have dealt with ca traffic court systems a lot, ive been there done that
Damn 1500! I have read a few threads and the ticket was around $500.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:02 AM
TECH Resident

Received 37 Likes on 34 Posts

Cops are "doody heads", you are better off filing a "trial by declaration", you have to pay the fine up front, when you mail in your side of the story, and the policeman has to sit down and write out (most cant write past the ticket lines) his side of the story, WITHOUT GETTING PAID OVERTIME (like when he has to appear in court). This cuts down on his prostitute and drug money for the weekend, and most do not even file. The policeman has 10 days to respond to your well thought out, "did not know it was coming" declaration.

If the judge decides in your favor, your money is returned and the case dismissed, if he finds in the cops favor, you then can go to court.

Look at this link:

http://www.2fixyourtrafficticket.com...claration.html

JMHO;

SteveC

Last edited by SteveC; 09-10-2011 at 10:54 AM.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:18 AM
10 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Its those tree hugging communist liberals who have put these bs laws into place but besides that...that cop really didnt have to do what he did. Hes obviously an *******.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:01 AM
On The Tree

I really don't want to got court. I just pay the fine via mail. When I talked to Ryan at CMS, that is exact what he did for his fix it ticket.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:26 AM
Staging Lane

Heres a good one, I have a friend and back in 70s he owned an el camino. He was driving down the highway and came upon another el camino and they started racing. Well several minutes of that he saw the lights come on in his review mirror and thought he was screwed. The cop came up to his window and says "I just wanted to see who won?" LOL
Old 09-10-2011, 12:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like the Ice T song goes "...some of these pigs are bitches too"

Most are not.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:21 PM
Teching In

first thing you need to do is move out of cali. Almost everything American is illegal in that state.
Old 09-10-2011, 12:35 PM
Staging Lane

Although a bit more laxed than Cali, Nevada is a runner up for Bs factors on emissions, etc. A cutout is the holy grail to me 'round here. I do not run a front plate. Nevada DMV regs state about "a car that was not equipped with a front license bracket...blah, blah." I questioned the DMV about this prior to registrstion. They confirmed that I do not need one, told me however to keep the extra plate within the car. I have given many many officers the opportunity to pull me over for no front plate. None have ever bothered me. Anyone have any stories of Nevada? I am at a loss. I really really am begging for a ticket too, I can't drive to a grocery store without acting like I doin auto x
Old 09-10-2011, 01:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by SUNSET Z28
first thing you need to do is move out of cali. Almost everything American is illegal in that state.
I am stuck here until I retire from the navy in 2013 but my wife loves it here. She wants to buy a place to rent out. I am going to suggest buying a place in AZ to rent out.
Old 09-10-2011, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Insano Z28
Although a bit more laxed than Cali, Nevada is a runner up for Bs factors on emissions, etc. A cutout is the holy grail to me 'round here. I do not run a front plate. Nevada DMV regs state about "a car that was not equipped with a front license bracket...blah, blah." I questioned the DMV about this prior to registrstion. They confirmed that I do not need one, told me however to keep the extra plate within the car. I have given many many officers the opportunity to pull me over for no front plate. None have ever bothered me. Anyone have any stories of Nevada? I am at a loss. I really really am begging for a ticket too, I can't drive to a grocery store without acting like I doin auto x
I was at the K&N/LS meet a couple of months ago. I talked to a couple from Las Vegas and they said the cops are very strict on loud exhaust. Their 05 GTO has the stock exhaust and they have been pulled over a few times.
Old 09-10-2011, 09:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gmantheman
I really don't want to got court. I just pay the fine via mail. When I talked to Ryan at CMS, that is exact what he did for his fix it ticket.
damn, can you get me a job where you work? i wish i could care less about throwing away 1500$
Old 09-10-2011, 11:25 PM
On The Tree

damn, can you get me a job where you work? i wish i could care less about throwing away 1500$
Won't I have to pay the $1500 or however much it is either way?
Old 09-11-2011, 12:07 AM
On The Tree

I'm from socal and on top of that I lived next to the police station. Almost every time I left my house a cop would follow me for about a mile. Somehow never got pulled over for the front plate. When my car got vandalized, the first thing the cop that took the report asked me was if it had any illegal modifications and made me pop the hood. Lucky for it was stock.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:52 AM
11 Second Club

You can still not give consent.......

http://knowmyrights.org/faq/4th-amen...-of-guilt.html

No officer can search our car without probable cause--unless you are too stupid to say "No, officer. You may not search my car. My 4th ammendment rights protect me in my automobile just as they do my home. If you do not have a warrant, issued by a Judge, and have no probable cause--which I certainly assert you do not have--then any search would be illegal." ---- OK, then he says "Do you have something to hide?" and you reply "Officer, I am protecting my 4th ammendment rights against an unlawful transgression. Please call your duty officer or the sergent on duty to act as a witness who can declare what justifiable probable cause you are claiming in order to search the vehicle of an American citizen who has only been stopped for a minor traffic offense. Do you make warrantless searches of all vehicles stopped for traffic offenses? Or am I being singled out for some profiling reason? If you are not searching all stopped vehicles then that may be an unequal enforcement of the law. Again, I see no probable cause here and refuse to allow a search without a warrant authorizing such a search. A warrant would have to explain what your probable cause is and what it is you are looking for."
Old 09-11-2011, 07:44 PM
12 Second Club

I'm glad I got out of LA when I had the chance...

No need for a front plate and no smog in most of the state of AZ. Even where they have a biannual smog inspection you only have to pass a plug in for codes if your OBDII. I "passed" smog just last month.
Old 09-11-2011, 07:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

i have had the ticket three times and in three different cars, never paid $1500 dollars... i dont know where your getting that figure, but its definitely coming out of left field..

Quick Reply: Got pulled over for tint and cop checked the engine