Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Got pulled over for tint and cop checked the engine

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 06:13 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1ya
Parked in front of my friends house on the 7th of last month, noontime waiting for him to come out. I see the police coming up the street behind me and think nothing of it. As they approach they slow and give me a funny look. There was another car behind them so they couldnt really stop. As they get to the corner I see that they are lingering. I figure they were trying to see what I would do. But didnt pay it too much attention till i see the car coming down the block again behind me. Now I know they are gonna bother me. So they flash their lights and get out. I see the officers get out and switch position. Black female officer who was driving takes rear right quater panel, white male officer takes my window. I get the normal, do you know, why I pulled you over? I say no cuz I didnt. He says your registration is suspended. Im like no it isnt. He ask for reg., insur., and L's. Turns out reg. was suspended because I had forgotten to renew 6month premium. Idk how I forgot but I did. Turns out the letter from dmv was in the car unopened from the first of last month, six days previous. Anyway officer writes me a ticket and tells me go home. I was on the way to insurance anyway cuz Dvd/Tv had been stolen that night before. Now I was double pissed. Car broken into and I find out I dont have insurance when getting a ticket same day. But anyway I ask officer why he ran my plate he said just a HUNCH! Cant wait to go to court to tell judge this. He has No legal reason to run my plate. Sorry to thread jack
we CAN run plates without legal reason...
Old 09-08-2011, 06:21 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1ya
He has No legal reason to run my plate.
He doesn't need one. Cops can run whatever plates they want to for whatever reason they see fit. You got caught. Get over it. It could have been worse.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:32 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ZexGX
He doesn't need one. Cops can run whatever plates they want to for whatever reason they see fit. You got caught. Get over it. It could have been worse.
yep , your car could have been towed and held until you had fixed the problem.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by nordy racer
we CAN run plates without legal reason...
Where the hell did you fall from? Dude Mike long time no see you goofy turd haha.

So you're an LEO now?

I get lucky, last time I got pulled over, the cop just told me he knew I had a modified exhaust and liked my car since he has a 01 SS and saw my 11 in wide rims and asked what tires I was running and what was done, he took down my phone number and I told him to call if he needed anything done to the car. I am sure glad that I have not had a dick for a cop light me up, I had a CHP PU behind me yesterday on the 210 and he followed me for several miles I got off the freeway he just looked over at me kind of nodded then kept on.
Old 09-08-2011, 08:29 PM
Banned

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M8vei3L0L8
last day of my 10th grade year i was playing this loud and the cop thats always in the parking lot started to come over to my car and i said see ya and gunned it in the parking lot and went around the buses and left. i knew he didn't have his car so me and this kid with a 2006 ls2 gto played this at the same time and we hauled ***. the cop was pissed.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gmantheman
I got pulled over for window tint and and the cop popped the hood. ******** saw the K&N intake and said it was illegal. I showed him the CARB sticker but he said it was supposed to be on the intake. He then saw my L/T and said I need to go to smog referee. Looks like I am fucked for now. But I was also told the ref sticker doesn't mean **** since it doesn't go into the DMV anyway. I just need to pay the fine for tint and not to worry about the ref smog.
is your car payed off?
if soo the easiest way to get out of ref tickets is to transfer the title to a good friend, set up a court date, bring proof of no longer owning the car and tell the judge that you sold the car because you were financially unable to fix the car to California emission standers
they should dismiss the case and then two months later you transfer the car back into your name
Old 09-08-2011, 11:32 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

**** the police!!!! Some people just don't have any luck with the cops and you're one of them OP. Sucks because I've been pulled over for things but have never been questioned about my car.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:50 AM
11 Second Club

I got pulled over for window tint and and the cop popped the hood. ******** saw the K&N intake and said it was illegal. I showed him the CARB sticker but he said it was supposed to be on the intake. He then saw my L/T and said I need to go to smog referee. Looks like I am fucked for now. But I was also told the ref sticker doesn't mean **** since it doesn't go into the DMV anyway. I just need to pay the fine for tint and not to worry about the ref smog.
Repeat after me...............

Sorry Officer, I do not consent you searching my car.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:50 AM
Launching!

I didn't coast to a stop but I did turn the car off right away. Screw trying to make my car 100% cali legal. California legal cats plus Carb Legal shorties plus install would be about $3500-3600. Cats alone are 2200 a pair. Also the cams may or may not pass and new cams plus instal and tune would be nearly $1600.
WTF? where you getting your parts from? Yikes

YEah Cops can ask you to roll up ur windows and run your plates any time. New cop cars run plates automatically with a camera system mounted on top.

like Zex said, You got caught. Good thing they didnt tow you. Figure out how to get it passed or pay the fines.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:36 AM
Staging Lane

Could have ben a lot worse bro. I've ben there. Car impounded. Got state ref. Fat ticket and a long *** walk home!
Old 09-09-2011, 06:30 AM
On The Tree

Protecting and Serving who? The people or the Interests of the Republik of Kalifornia
Seems like cops are just out to collect money for the state for what ever bullshit reasons nowadays.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:14 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

that sucks but what do you expect with a MS3 cam and your exhaust set-up????? even if you turned it off when you stopped at some point your probably drove by him and the set-up you have isn't quite and where are you gettin your install price? 1800fuckmeintheass? find a buddy or 2 and swap your stock stuff on, take it to the ref, then bring it back and if you want put your stuff back on . . . i'd suggest ditching that cam
Old 09-09-2011, 09:17 AM
On The Tree

I talked to a local tuner who also had a few ref tickets. He said going to the ref is bullshit since it's not in the DMV system. He said just pay the fine and not to worry about the REF smog.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:47 AM
On The Tree

It seems the f-bodies get harrassed a lot, is this the same for the vettes?
Old 09-09-2011, 11:29 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by 98BLOWNZ28
I dont believe they are allowed to ask you to roll up your windows if they were down to begin with.....
why's that? I've been asked. If you are missing a front plate, have window tint on the rear hatch, they could have reason to believe you have tint on your side windows. Kind of like all they need to do is smell weed in a car and they have probably cause to search it..
Old 09-09-2011, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by SM105K
Repeat after me...............

Sorry Officer, I do not consent you searching my car.
probable cause. try again

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Probable_cause

http://www.law.cornell.edu/wex/Fourth_amendment
Old 09-09-2011, 12:21 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by BackInBlack02
It seems the f-bodies get harrassed a lot, is this the same for the vettes?
The Guy that started the thread has a GTO. We are all in here talking about our experiences of getting pulled over but I dont believe that F-bodies are targeted all that much. Nowhere near Honda's or any ricer for that matter.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:24 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ConElite
The Guy that started the thread has a GTO. We are all in here talking about our experiences of getting pulled over but I dont believe that F-bodies are targeted all that much. Nowhere near Honda's or any ricer for that matter.
Ditto. We have it easy compared to the imports.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:30 PM
Staging Lane

OP . . . I had the same thing happen to me. Got a state ref. Just paid the ticket and problem solved.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:29 PM
On The Tree

So you just paid the ticket but didn't worry about taking it to a ref station

Quick Reply: Got pulled over for tint and cop checked the engine