Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Thiefs suck DIKK.

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2011, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about that. Id buy one of the fake security cameras that light up, they are like $15.

If you do have to shoot, fire a round into your lawn. Dont shoot the guy its not worth getting your possessions sued away from you and having to spend a few years in jail over a car.
Old 10-16-2011, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

In California you can't use lethal force to protect property.

To the OP: I'd move. I see you live in Uranus, which is a scary place to live. Dark, desolate, smells, lacks proper hygiene and ventilation...
Old 10-16-2011, 03:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

firing a round into your lawn will get jail time... I fired a round into my lawn and was arrested for it... I was released under special circumstances and the police said that they wouldve kept me in jail otherwise
Old 10-16-2011, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by $O$OE
Yup, I assume it was a civil case.
Yes sir, it was. My friend/his chick won but it cost him several thousand.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:14 PM
Teching In

I'm fairly certain he's not really going to kill anyone or plant a knife on them. He's just saying what we'd all like to do to some one that tried to take our rides. Besides now that he talked about planting knives on dead people, on a public forum, he really can't do it ;P
Old 10-16-2011, 09:18 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Gotta Love Texas!
Old 10-16-2011, 09:21 PM
10 Second Club

You guys realize this isn't Texas, If you shoot and kill someone who is breaking into your **** you will go to jail and will be sued for all your worth by the families of the the thieves after you do some time. So you will still end up with no car in the end, Gotta love California.
Old 10-16-2011, 09:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

yes, diffently (SP) different laws in each state, i have a hcp an ive read up on a lot of laws, main reason i carry is my wife an kids an i like to drive around to different parts of the state look at scenery an stuff. id hate for it to get ruined by getting mugged or carjacked, Here you have to be in threat of your life or someone near you has to be in threat of bodily harm in order to draw your weapon an use it. I hope i never have to use mine either, but have it onme atall times, JIC
Old 10-17-2011, 01:58 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 9sect
I can always put an old rusty knife next to his body after he's dead and say he was coming at me with the weapon.
Quoted, so when you shoot someone on your lawn holding a rusty knife, the police find this thread and lock your dumb *** up. Then I'm going to buy your "T" for peanuts so you can hire a lawyer to save your ***.
Old 10-17-2011, 02:00 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry

To the OP: I'd move. I see you live in Uranus, which is a scary place to live. Dark, desolate, smells, lacks proper hygiene and ventilation...

Word!
Old 10-17-2011, 02:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Honestly my fiance and I have discussed moving to Texas, even she is ok with shooting someone for coming on our property (well the idea of it, but who knows what a person will do when presented the situation since it is one way to take a persons life). Colorado even has the make my day law. Yeah I am sure there is a better way of making it look like the guy was coming at the OP with ill intent lol.
Old 10-17-2011, 04:47 AM
Teching In

Been in a home invasion. Guys left cuz the one *** that was holding a 44 Mag pointed at me while on the ground. He accidentaly let one off. I didn't move n they thought I was dead n ran out. If u have a gun, USE it. Better that I tell u this story, than my son telling some1 years later. If I would of had a gun, would have emptied that bitch
Old 10-17-2011, 05:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

If someone points a gun at you or gestures at you with a weapon that you feel is capable of causing death or serious bodily harm to yourself or others, you're justified to shoot. Any lawyer worth his salt can keep you from going to jail in that situation.

Civil suits are a different matter entirely.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by roninsonic
If someone points a gun at you or gestures at you with a weapon that you feel is capable of causing death or serious bodily harm to yourself or others, you're justified to shoot. Any lawyer worth his salt can keep you from going to jail in that situation.

Civil suits are a different matter entirely.
You are wrong, this is California where illegal immigrants and criminals have more rights than a legal, law abiding citizen.... lmao and this statement of mine is almost true lol.
Old 10-17-2011, 06:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

ya thats some sh*t.. i feel the same way its ok for them to come and take whats not theres then i feel we should have every right to shoot first ask questions later..
Old 10-17-2011, 06:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
You are wrong, this is California where illegal immigrants and criminals have more rights than a legal, law abiding citizen.... lmao and this statement of mine is almost true lol.
Don't post misinformation, friend. If someone has a weapon, intimates that they will use it, and you feel that your life or the life of someone else is in danger... You're covered.
Old 10-17-2011, 07:32 AM
myk
TECH Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by roninsonic
Don't post misinformation, friend. If someone has a weapon, intimates that they will use it, and you feel that your life or the life of someone else is in danger... You're covered.
Covered how? Is there a specific law or statute that says so? There's no guarantee that it would be that easy. Even if they're defending themselves and their property there's still the possibility of fighting a long, costly and drawn out legal battle that most regular folk can't afford to tackle. I have a few friends that work security. Some of them refuse to work in armed jobs because they know that even if they use their weapons in the line of duty they get black-balled by most companies and have to defend themselves, legally.

I'll cite the time when I confronted the jack-wad that stole my tools from a parking lot when I stepped inside a parts store for a second. Ignoring my stupidity regarding that, when I found the thief later and STOLE my own property back from the thief's car, I was later told by the police that charges could have been filed against ME for breaking into his property; never mind the fact that I had thought about beating the s**t out of this clown. The police told me that even though I was trying to save my own property I could have gone down for assault, battery and breaking and entering the thief's car, all because I was acting on behalf of myself and my property. I'd hate to think what could happen to someone if they shot someone in self defense-if there's even such a thing anymore.

We live in a time where the rights of criminals (who deserve NO rights at all) are more important than the rights of victims...

Last edited by myk; 10-17-2011 at 07:42 AM.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Guys, educate yourself.

If you are not retired military, in law enforcement, etc., when you purchase a handgun in CA you have to take a test based on this document: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/hscsg.pdf to obtain a handgun safety certificate. It contains info on when lethal force is justified.

Planting a gun/knife after killing someone is not justifying the use of lethal force, it is tampering with evidence to conceal a crime. If you want to use a firearm to defend your property, buy a pump action shotgun. The sound alone of chambering a round is intimidating enough to diffuse the situation versus an unarmed thief.

Educate yourself and you will not have to worry about illegals or criminals or whoever having more rights than you.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:30 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by flippincamaro
yes, that sucks forsure, but like others say good they didnt get to mess with it an your neighbor was there to say something, As for what you said about making sure he is dead so he doesnt sue you had me rolling cause the ds that people sue over an win, Example Man broke into a house cut his leg open on knife that was on counter an sued the homeowner an he won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WTF
I think this is an urban legend. I read a report a while back that indicated the closest incident of this kind was a kid on the roof of a school trying to move a light so they could play basketball (could be "steal" the light, depending on how it is interpreted). He was on the roof (trespassing, not burglary) fell through a skylight painted black. The school was negligent because they knew by painting the skylights they were essentially "invisible" and someone else had fell through previously. So it wasn't even a private residence and there was no knife (he was rendered a quadriplegic by the fall).

I know the story of "the thief falling on the knife and suing the homeowner" was told in a court drama movie, but I do not believe it is accurate.
Old 10-17-2011, 11:57 AM

Originally Posted by 9sect
My neighbor came to my door today to let me know he came home to 2 guys driving a truck backwards into my driveway and park it right in front of my Turbo T, one of them got out and started walking towards my car and peeking inside it, that's when he came down and the guy freaked out and took off in a fast pace yelled something to the driver and then bolted out of here in a hurry, I'm putting my car on lock down and if i catch anybody near it or in it without my permission, i am feeding them lead coming from a 9mm smith & wesson, and after he is down on the ground bleeding to death i will put one right on his temple to make sure he doesn't come back to sue me, damn thief suck *****..
Why do you park a 9 sec T in your driveway for the world to see?

C'mon now you know better, especially with all the Turbo Buicks that have went missing in the past few months.

Quick Reply: Thiefs suck DIKK.