Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

2013 Ford Shelby GT500 delivers 650 HP and 200 MPH straight from the factory

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 12:23 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Wimimc
Can it even be considered "From Factory" if the car is sent out to Shelby to get all the work done? Wouldn't that be similar to Chevy sending a Camaro to Lingenfelter?
...not even the same thing. All Shelby does is badge, number and put spoilers on using all the equipment ford gave them to make it a "Shelby " its really an Svt but the name Shelby sells for a premium if they sold it as a Svt cobra it would be 10k cheaper. So to answer your question its more of a ss vs z28 deal and nothing more.
Old 11-25-2011, 02:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can it even be considered "From Factory" if the car is sent out to Shelby to get all the work done? Wouldn't that be similar to Chevy sending a Camaro to Lingenfelter?
thats like saying an slp ss car is not a factory car cause it was sent out to slp for some modifications......
Old 11-25-2011, 11:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SalvageZ28
Dude your trying to compare fords biggest guns to a family car. your a tool.
And for quality your going to have to pay a lil more. If the GT500 interior is as bad as the new 5.0 then its pretty sad. And remember your comparing a sports car to a family car. Im a GM guy and i would take the 392 charger over the camaro anyday.
Seriously??? Coming from the guy who is trying to call me a name but instead says I own a tool (try "you are" versus "your") and is unable to do that correctly.

I was making, in my opinion, a fairer comparison based on the the post I quoted. It was not my original comparison. Try reading the tread, but I have little hope. Reading comprehension is not your strength given your past performance.
Old 11-27-2011, 12:36 PM
10 Second Club

I kind of like my new 5.0!
Old 11-27-2011, 01:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

I went to the LA auto show this past friday and this is what I found. The guy who was in the ford section told me the tires would be 9.5 wide and the gears would be 3.31. Seems like they should of gone with at least 10.5s to me. The block is a 5.8 supercharged Check it out.

Old 11-27-2011, 01:33 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
And how many YEARS was GM playing catch-up since they didn't even have a dog in the race after 2002? GM should acknowledge that. Ford had little competition so no pressure to produce something great, but at least Ford kept producing, credit to them.
the hell with that statement dude!..like it even mattered at all that from 2003 to 2009 there was no camaro to compete, reasons why u ask?

1. the 98-2002 Z28 (base model 350hp V8 of course) was faster than the mustang GT's (base model 260-315hp V8) that where created during the same years and still just as fast, if not faster, than than the GT stangs all the way up till 2010!!
2.how long was Ford trying to beat GMs performnce of the LT1's and LS1s?..they had to have extra model cars with more power added just to compete agaisnt what GM gave in their BASE model engines!..such as in the 93-97 LT1' Z28's 275-285hp! (base model V8 of course) Ford had to throw the Cobra at it just to compete since the GT (215hp haha)could'nt do it!

GM is not in any way shape or form playing catchup..name a fast mustang GT other than the NEW 5.0's?..only fast stangs before them where the Termi Cobra's and the Mach 1's and even a Mach 1 was maybe an even race for the BASE model LS1 Z28 ..the GT' stood NO chance!

here watch this vid if you need some more verification! and it also makes for a good laugh for us GM guys..funny thing is, that this particular GT stang was the model AFTER they added even more HP to it!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2-XZIctvZg

BTW..the new camaro is VASTLY outselling the new mustangs..so maybe GM did do somthing right!

Last edited by ilovechevy1; 11-27-2011 at 01:36 PM. Reason: i donno
Old 11-27-2011, 01:42 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kmracer
tree'd. performance is performance. the 5.0 performs, as does the gt500, as will the new one.

the 5th gen? ....
the 5th gen SS performs pretty well and holds it own!..fastest stock time on street tires is a 12.5!! and fastest for the new 5.0 is a 12.2 last time i checked..there is nothing really wrong with the new SS other than them being heavy...they must look pretty damn good cause they are selling like hotckaes and outselling the new mustangs by alot
Old 11-27-2011, 02:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by ilovechevy1
the hell with that statement dude!..like it even mattered at all that from 2003 to 2009 there was no camaro to compete, reasons why u ask?

1. the 98-2002 Z28 (base model 350hp V8 of course) was faster than the mustang GT's (base model 260-315hp V8) that where created during the same years and still just as fast, if not faster, than than the GT stangs all the way up till 2010!!
2.how long was Ford trying to beat GMs performnce of the LT1's and LS1s?..they had to have extra model cars with more power added just to compete agaisnt what GM gave in their BASE model engines!..such as in the 93-97 LT1' Z28's 275-285hp! (base model V8 of course) Ford had to throw the Cobra at it just to compete since the GT (215hp haha)could'nt do it!

GM is not in any way shape or form playing catchup..name a fast mustang GT other than the NEW 5.0's?..only fast stangs before them where the Termi Cobra's and the Mach 1's and even a Mach 1 was maybe an even race for the BASE model LS1 Z28 ..the GT' stood NO chance!

here watch this vid if you need some more verification! and it also makes for a good laugh for us GM guys..funny thing is, that this particular GT stang was the model AFTER they added even more HP to it!http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z2-XZIctvZg

BTW..the new camaro is VASTLY outselling the new mustangs..so maybe GM did do somthing right!
I know this is not a camaro, but it is still a GM product. This bird will kick almost all 2010 to past mustangs ***. Excluding 03 terminators and cobra R. This bird, the rare 1992 firehawk. 1992 one fast *** car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYrI_NhpFAI
Old 11-27-2011, 02:35 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^ those Firehawks are pretty sick. 13.2 in the 1/4. I remember reading about them often on TGO
Old 11-27-2011, 03:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

^^ those Firehawks are pretty sick. 13.2 in the 1/4. I remember reading about them often on TGO
Yup one of the best birds ever. Then followed by the Turbo T/A.
Old 11-27-2011, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

So what you're saying is "if you already have a faster car, stop producing it and let the competitor corner the market".

Sounds like shrewd business sense there! After all, car manufacturers must not be in the business to SELL vehicles.

Tell me this Einstein, how many of our beloved 4th Gen F-bodies did GM sell between 2003 and 2009? Wait for it.... wait for it... (let me know if you need help figuring out the answer)
Old 11-27-2011, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

So what you're saying is "if you already have a faster car, stop producing it and let the competitor corner the market".

Sounds like shrewd business sense there! After all, car manufacturers must not be in the business to SELL vehicles.

Tell me this Einstein, how many of our beloved 4th Gen F-bodies did GM sell between 2003 and 2009? Wait for it.... wait for it... (let me know if you need help figuring out the answer)
hahaha well gm sold 1999-2002 camaros after 2003 so I guess the answer would be... ALOT
Old 11-27-2011, 11:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeyZ
hahaha well gm sold 1999-2002 camaros after 2003 so I guess the answer would be... ALOT
LOL, only if they were left on the lot and unsold after 2002.

Reselling used vehicles is not the same as selling ones your currently produce.
Old 11-28-2011, 01:25 AM
On The Tree

LOL, only if they were left on the lot and unsold after 2002.

Reselling used vehicles is not the same as selling ones your currently produce.

well unsold cars are not used lol
Old 11-28-2011, 10:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MikeyZ
well unsold cars are not used lol
Never said they were.

I gave two options for how GM could sell 4th gen F-bodies after 2002 (to compare to how many Mustangs were sold during the same time period):
-sell inventory that was unsold (new vehicles, this counts).
-sell used vehicles (doesn't count).

Last edited by BigDaddyBry; 11-28-2011 at 10:13 AM.
Old 11-29-2011, 02:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I sat in that Mustang Shelby plus the Boss 302 Laguna Seca and all you ford haters better wake up and smell the burnt rubber. Aside from Ford dropping the GT40 it no longer has multiple performance cars like GM does with that said the Mustang IS it's pinnacle car. It has to take on the likes of the Camaro SS, Corvette (all variations) and the V series Caddy's which are all based on LS engines. It's no wonder Ford has to unleashed nearly everything it has at the Shelby.

In retrospect so long as they're fast and have comfortable appointments I'd have no problems driving any of todays performance offerings by any brand name.
Old 11-29-2011, 07:34 PM
Banned

look dude, I was'nt trying to get all into the sales BULLSHIT like you are...a faster, better or more performance oriented vehicle has NOTHING to do with how well ppl like and and how well it sells..obviusly the looks,options, pricing, and the fact every lil girl in America likes the car (mustangs) has everything to do with sells..because like I stated earlier..93-2010.(despite no prodution between 2003-20010).the camaro Z28 with it's either base model LT1 or later LS1 was stomping the performance of the GT mustangs ( GT's !!!..not Cobra's or whatever else)...but that did'nt stop the Mustangs from still outselling BOTH the camaro's and firebirds combined..I could give a **** less about sells..this NEW 5.0 is pretty much the only real FAST mustang GT produced..ever!..and even tho it's it's the fastest GT ever made factory..the new camaro outsells it by alot and it's not because of the performance
Old 11-29-2011, 07:44 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by gm02ceta
I sat in that Mustang Shelby plus the Boss 302 Laguna Seca and all you ford haters better wake up and smell the burnt rubber. Aside from Ford dropping the GT40 it no longer has multiple performance cars like GM does with that said the Mustang IS it's pinnacle car. It has to take on the likes of the Camaro SS, Corvette (all variations) and the V series Caddy's which are all based on LS engines. It's no wonder Ford has to unleashed nearly everything it has at the Shelby.

In retrospect so long as they're fast and have comfortable appointments I'd have no problems driving any of todays performance offerings by any brand name.
I doubt that even if Ford threw everything it had into the mustang, they would'nt be able to compete with the performane of the ZR1 corvette..there is a 700lb weight differece between the GT500 and the vette..unless they bring out that Shelby Code Red mustang (I believe it's called) and make it actually affordable..it had over 1,000hp and was twin turboed.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tDHX9GQwQcE
Old 11-29-2011, 10:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

look dude, I was'nt trying to get all into the sales BULLSHIT like you are...a faster, better or more performance oriented vehicle has NOTHING to do with how well ppl like and and how well it sells..obviusly the looks,options, pricing, and the fact every lil girl in America likes the car (mustangs) has everything to do with sells..because like I stated earlier..93-2010.(despite no prodution between 2003-20010).the camaro Z28 with it's either base model LT1 or later LS1 was stomping the performance of the GT mustangs ( GT's !!!..not Cobra's or whatever else)...but that did'nt stop the Mustangs from still outselling BOTH the camaro's and firebirds combined..I could give a **** less about sells..this NEW 5.0 is pretty much the only real FAST mustang GT produced..ever!..and even tho it's it's the fastest GT ever made factory..the new camaro outsells it by alot and it's not because of the performance
No big deal, we were looking at 2 different things. I think its a shame they were dropped after 02 and there was no competitor for the Mustang in that department for 8 years (unless you count the GTO).

Imagine how good the F-body could have been if GM had continued building upon it like Ford did with the Mustang. That's disappointing.
Old 12-02-2011, 08:14 PM
Banned

No big deal, we were looking at 2 different things. I think its a shame they were dropped after 02 and there was no competitor for the Mustang in that department for 8 years (unless you count the GTO).

Imagine how good the F-body could have been if GM had continued building upon it like Ford did with the Mustang. That's disappointing.
yes, much agreed there!..I wish GM had made a 2003 and 2004 SS camaro that had only a measly 5 PSI supercharger on it..it would've been enough to embarass the Termi Cobra's. I honestly think Ford should've been ashamed of themselves for offerering weak mustang GT's just beacause there was no Z28 around anymore for them to compete with. They had the Tech to make a 350+hp 4.6 or 5.0 but they never did that for the GT like GM did for the Z28. It's kinda like going to work at your job and not working very hard just because your boss is on vacation and is'nt there to keep and eye on you lol.

Quick Reply: 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 delivers 650 HP and 200 MPH straight from the factory