Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
Ford > gm
lol, its starting to look that way.
Old 12-03-2011, 01:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 180ls1
lol, its starting to look that way.
It's been that way for the past 3 years now.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HEYPAL01impala
...not even the same thing. All Shelby does is badge, number and put spoilers on using all the equipment ford gave them to make it a "Shelby " its really an Svt but the name Shelby sells for a premium if they sold it as a Svt cobra it would be 10k cheaper. So to answer your question its more of a ss vs z28 deal and nothing more.
This isn't the '60's. The modern GT500 is built entirely by Ford on the same assembly line as the base and GT Mustangs. They are not sent to Shelby for modification not is any part of them engineered by Shelby. The Cobra emblem has been owned by Ford since they and Shelby first parted ways in 1970, and has been used on various models in the past including the '03-'04 Cobras.

No, the car would not have MSRP'd lower had the Shelby name not been added. In fact, the car was already engineered before Shelby and Ford renewed their relationship. The timing was great and it was a brilliant marketing move on Ford's part to badge the new SVT car a Shelby versus a Cobra. Granted, with the Shelby name came a higher demand and, therefore, ridiculous dealer markups, but the MSRP was not based on simply having Shelby on the decklid.
Old 12-05-2011, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GarageLogic
This isn't the '60's. The modern GT500 is built entirely by Ford on the same assembly line as the base and GT Mustangs. They are not sent to Shelby for modification not is any part of them engineered by Shelby. The Cobra emblem has been owned by Ford since they and Shelby first parted ways in 1970, and has been used on various models in the past including the '03-'04 Cobras.

No, the car would not have MSRP'd lower had the Shelby name not been added. In fact, the car was already engineered before Shelby and Ford renewed their relationship. The timing was great and it was a brilliant marketing move on Ford's part to badge the new SVT car a Shelby versus a Cobra. Granted, with the Shelby name came a higher demand and, therefore, ridiculous dealer markups, but the MSRP was not based on simply having Shelby on the decklid.
I wonder what they meant when the car first debuted a few years back when they stated it was a "collaboration" between Ford and Carroll Shelby?
Old 12-05-2011, 10:40 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
I wonder what they meant when the car first debuted a few years back when they stated it was a "collaboration" between Ford and Carroll Shelby?
Simple. Shelby authorized his name to be used on the car and, in turn, Ford made him a special advisor on the vehicle.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Simple. Shelby authorized his name to be used on the car and, in turn, Ford made him a special advisor on the vehicle.
So when they say the GT500 was a unique collaboration between the Ford SVT team and Shelby on the development of the GT500, he had no involvement only cashed a check?
Old 12-06-2011, 11:45 AM
Teching In

So when they say the GT500 was a unique collaboration between the Ford SVT team and Shelby on the development of the GT500, he had no involvement only cashed a check?
I think that's a pretty fair assertion. Does anyone really think Carroll did anything other than to serve as a consultant on the car? You have to remember, SVT had already designed and developed the car well before Shelby and Ford made up. The car was referred to internally as "Condor" and certainly would have been the next SVT Cobra had the Shelby not been struck.

Neiman-Marcus collaborated with GM to put their name on some new Camaro's. Do you think they had any input at all in the engineering of the car?
Old 12-06-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Addict

I think that's a pretty fair assertion. Does anyone really think Carroll did anything other than to serve as a consultant on the car? You have to remember, SVT had already designed and developed the car well before Shelby and Ford made up. The car was referred to internally as "Condor" and certainly would have been the next SVT Cobra had the Shelby not been struck.

Neiman-Marcus collaborated with GM to put their name on some new Camaro's. Do you think they had any input at all in the engineering of the car?
This. I think the only cars shelby's team touches are the supersnakes and any other special edition mustang that gets sent to las vegas.
Old 12-06-2011, 04:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not arguing one way or another and could care less. I only recall reading years back at the intro of the GT500 and the articles stating it was a collaboration (which would indicate involvement more than being paid to put your name on it).
Old 12-06-2011, 06:55 PM
Teching In

I'm not arguing one way or another and could care less. I only recall reading years back at the intro of the GT500 and the articles stating it was a collaboration (which would indicate involvement more than being paid to put your name on it).
Three posts on the subject tells me you do care. And, btw, it must be you care somewhat, otherwise, how could you have room to care less? (Just in case you don't get it, the phrase you were looking for was "I couldn't care less...)

And here is a quick refresher on what the word collaborate means:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/collaborate

Numbers 1 and 3 most closely define the Ford/Shelby relationship when it comes to the GT500.

Thanks for playing, but you lose the debate.

Last edited by GarageLogic; 12-06-2011 at 09:58 PM.
Old 12-06-2011, 09:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Three posts on the subject tells me you do care. And, btw, it must be you care somewhat, otherwise, how could you have room to care less? (Just in case you don't get it, the phrase you were looking for was "I couldn't careless...)

And here is a quick refresher on what the word collaborate means:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/collaborate

Numbers 1 and 3 most closely define the Ford/Shelby relationship when it comes to the GT500.

Thanks for playing, but you lose the debate.
Despite this not being a debate because I was not arguing one way or another (read here http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/debate), you make it too easy...

For starters, Mr. English major, it is "care less". Watch out, your glass house is crumbling.

You misinterpret my intent. Yes, I do not care about Shelby's level of involvement, which I stated. But, I do care about the TRUTH. You provided unsubstantiated claims parading as fact that appear to be your opinion. Your own statements support this, relying on general agreement, logic, yet no facts. You could be correct about Shelby/Ford, but you provided nothing to support it.

Welcome to the no bullshit Western Members area. Please remove your shoes before entering because you're already ankle-deep in it.

Since I challenged you, you changed your statement from him having no involvement to acknowledging "collaboration". By the definition you posted, you can read that it means "to work together".

In addition, even though this is minor, if Shelby cashed a check (which you agreed he did), do you think it would not change the MSRP of the vehicle? I could be wrong, I'm relying on your fact-creation method, but that cost has to be applied somewhere.

Instead of posting definitions, try posting facts.

Better luck next time.
Old 12-06-2011, 10:19 PM
TECH Enthusiast

At the end of the day it's still a pony. How much does this cow weight anyway? And what's the price tag on it? I'll still get a c6 z06 and stomp on the GT500
Old 12-06-2011, 10:51 PM
Teching In

Despite this not being a debate because I was not arguing one way or another (read here http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/debate), you make it too easy...

For starters, Mr. English major, it is "care less". Watch out, your glass house is crumbling.

You misinterpret my intent. Yes, I do not care about Shelby's level of involvement, which I stated. But, I do care about the TRUTH. You provided unsubstantiated claims parading as fact that appear to be your opinion. Your own statements support this, relying on general agreement, logic, yet no facts. You could be correct about Shelby/Ford, but you provided nothing to support it.

Welcome to the no bullshit Western Members area. Please remove your shoes before entering because you're already ankle-deep in it.

Since I challenged you, you changed your statement from him having no involvement to acknowledging "collaboration". By the definition you posted, you can read that it means "to work together".

In addition, even though this is minor, if Shelby cashed a check (which you agreed he did), do you think it would not change the MSRP of the vehicle? I could be wrong, I'm relying on your fact-creation method, but that cost has to be applied somewhere.

Instead of posting definitions, try posting facts.

Better luck next time.
It doesn't take a English major (which I am certainly not) to read a sentence and see the obvious error. It's okay though, I see other people make the same misuse of the phrase all the time.

I learned a long time ago that one must "make it easy" when interacting on the Internet with some participants, otherwise there could be long delays in getting a response.

I went back and looked at my posts, but I'm still missing the part where I suggested Shelby had no involvement with the GT500. In order for me to change a statement, wouldn't I need to have stated something definitively in the first place?

Did you make this up off the cuff or is this just another case of you repeating something you've heard elsewhere previously?

Obviously, I've hit a nerve with you and you've gotten mad. Sorry about that, I was only trying to point out that the GT500 is built entirely by Ford and employees of Shelby American never touch them.

And while there is the possibility that some portion of the GT500's MSRP includes an amount to help pad Mr. Shelby's pocket, the idea that the amount is $10K over what it might have been without his collaboration is laughable. Oh, but I can't back that up with a fact, so never mind using common sense. Do they have that in the Western Members area?
Old 12-06-2011, 10:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mannyman84
At the end of the day it's still a pony. How much does this cow weight anyway? And what's the price tag on it? I'll still get a c6 z06 and stomp on the GT500
They say 3850 lbs, but no official weight or price has been released yet. And no, you won't go out an buy a C6 Z06 or you'd already own one.
Old 12-07-2011, 12:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

They say 3850 lbs, but no official weight or price has been released yet. And no, you won't go out an buy a C6 Z06 or you'd already own one.
If I could afford one I ment. I would rather buy a used c6 zo6, cheaper and probably faster NA
Old 12-07-2011, 02:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mannyman84
^^^This, in light of the fact that a bolt-on C6 Z06 just broke into the 9's@137mph.

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...d-barrier.html

Ford what??

And no, you won't go out an buy a C6 Z06 or you'd already own one.
I would ask you to elaborate but you've already made yourself look foolish enough

Last edited by CyberGrey Z28; 12-07-2011 at 02:16 AM. Reason: ...
Old 12-07-2011, 03:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

It doesn't take a English major (which I am certainly not) to read a sentence and see the obvious error. It's okay though, I see other people make the same misuse of the phrase all the time.
When you correct someone, make sure you do not correct them with a mistake. It sets you up for failure. Just some friendly advice.

For example:

(Just in case you don't get it, the phrase you were looking for was "I couldn't careless...)
Unlike you, I do not attempt to cover-up mistakes by editing the post after it was identified.

I went back and looked at my posts, but I'm still missing the part where I suggested Shelby had no involvement with the GT500. In order for me to change a statement, wouldn't I need to have stated something definitively in the first place?
Here, let me help you out:

They are not sent to Shelby for modification not is any part of them engineered by Shelby.

Like I said, too easy.

Let's continue...

Did you make this up off the cuff or is this just another case of you repeating something you've heard elsewhere previously?
You will have to refer me to the first occurrence of repeating something I heard elsewhere. I will venture a guess and say there wasn't one given your penchant for creativity.

Answer: I do not recall hearing it before, I am sure someone has said something similar, but it is far from my best. I create and take responsibility for my own lines. And no, I don't give lessons.

Obviously, I've hit a nerve with you and you've gotten mad. Sorry about that, I was only trying to point out that the GT500 is built entirely by Ford and employees of Shelby American never touch them.
Far from hitting a nerve, I just enjoy putting people in their place who pretend to know things they do not and try to pass it off as fact. Saying you got me mad is a 3rd grade attempt to improve your self confidence while accomplishing nothing (much like the failed grammar correction attempt). If it helps you out, I'll say "good job, Daddy's proud of you".

And while there is the possibility that some portion of the GT500's MSRP includes an amount to help pad Mr. Shelby's pocket, the idea that the amount is $10K over what it might have been without his collaboration is laughable. Oh, but I can't back that up with a fact, so never mind using common sense. Do they have that in the Western Members area?
The dollar figure is irrelevant, but your back-peddling continues.

First you say:
No, the car would not have MSRP'd lower had the Shelby name not been added.
Followed by:
And while there is the possibility that some portion of the GT500's MSRP includes an amount to help pad Mr. Shelby's pocket,
Despite the flaws, I admire your attempt.
Old 12-07-2011, 04:10 AM
TECH Addict

way to destroy another thread by caring what people spell and schools and grammars and **** hookd on phoniks and stuffs
Old 12-07-2011, 06:30 AM
Teching In

.Far from hitting a nerve, I just enjoy putting people in their place who pretend to know things they do not and try to pass it off as fact.
And there it is. While you speak of being a seeker of truth, it seems all this back and forth over a subject that you readily admit you couldn't care less about was simply some pitiful need to feel superior to someone else on an Internet forum.

Then again, I guess I should have expected that from someone who calls himself BigDaddy. Feel free to PM me if you want to continue but somehow I think you won't, as that would not allow you the opportunity to look big in front of all your friends.

Quick Reply: 2013 Ford Shelby GT500 delivers 650 HP and 200 MPH straight from the factory