Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

2014 Camaro revealed this morning

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2013, 11:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2014 Camaro revealed this morning

Apparently we dont have to wait til tomorrow......

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=285117

I walked into the living room this morning to hear they are showing some new cars from the New York auto show on Live with Kelly and Micheal. Well they showed the new 2014 camaro. The tail lights are one piece as compared to two, similar to the Trans-am look a likes. All camaros will now have a heat extractor on the hood, larger opening below the grill. The interior doesn't look like there is much of a change from 2013. It was hard to see, only about 5 seconds per change, but the changes are noticeable.
The 2014 Camaro lineup includes:
The 323-horsepower (241 kW) V-6-powered LS coupe and LT coupe and convertible – including the 2LS with an EPA-rated 30 mpg on the highway,
The Camaro SS coupe and convertible, with a 6.2L V-8 delivering up to 426 horsepower (318 kW), The 580-horsepower (432 kW) supercharged Camaro ZL1 coupe and convertible.

"The iconic Chevrolet Camaro has been the America's favorite sports car for three consecutive years, due to its combination of performance and design. For 2014, the Camaro gets its most significant redesign since the fifth-generation Camaro was introduced as a concept car in 2006. Compared to the previous model, the design represents a strong visual change front and rear, resulting in a wider, lower, more contemporary appearance. The front fascia features a wider lower opening, and a narrower upper opening that also updates the appearance of the iconic “halo ring” HID headlamps on the Camaro RS package. Also new is a functional hood vent on the Camaro SS helps reduce heat and aerodynamic lift. Moving to the rear, changes for Camaro include a new decklid, thinner, horizontal LED taillamps and a more aggressive rear diffuser. The 2014 Camaro lineup includes: The 323-horsepower (241 kW) V-6-powered LS coupe and LT coupe and convertible – including the 2LS with an EPA-rated 30 mpg on the highway, The Camaro SS coupe and convertible, with a 6.2L V-8 delivering up to 426 horsepower (318 kW), The 580-horsepower (432 kW) supercharged Camaro ZL1 coupe and convertible. More information on Chevrolet models can be found at"

http://livekellyandmichael.dadt.com/...uto-week-2013/
Old 03-26-2013, 07:57 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Maybe it's just the pics, but it looks like a 5th gen someone took to some crappy bodyshop to make it 'unique'.

I don't care for the 5th gens much, but IMO the earlier ones look better still. At least they're losing weight though.
Old 03-28-2013, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like the new ones more than the earlier ones. I am in for the Z28 as well, LS7 powered camaro ready for the road course. Yup Z28 is back to its origins as better than the SS.
Old 03-28-2013, 05:48 PM
On The Tree

It'll be nice to see the Z28 badge in front of the SS for once...
Old 03-29-2013, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Microtech82
It'll be nice to see the Z28 badge in front of the SS for once...
It won't be the first time..... The original Z28's out performed the SS and came with performance parts in the trunk from GM (there were some rules about performance parts on factory cars which I don't know off the top of my head, so the headers and cross ram intake came in the trunk from the dealer). The Z28 was designed for road course to compete in the TranAm racing series and won a good amount of races, it was the most stripped down and the most expensive and came with a 5.0L 302 GM design of course. It was rated at 290 but a few guys were getting the 400 hp mark to the tire from factory Z28's. The Z28 was to the camaro as the Z06 is to the corvette.
Old 04-04-2013, 08:07 PM
Teching In

i read this from a memeber on here but i will quote him its goes something like.."any chevy can be a SS but only a z28 can be a camaro".....im not all for the new body style but.... the zl1 failed ..let the Z28 prevail!!!!..
Old 04-05-2013, 11:14 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by freshofftheboat
i read this from a memeber on here but i will quote him its goes something like.."any chevy can be a SS but only a z28 can be a camaro".....im not all for the new body style but.... the zl1 failed ..let the Z28 prevail!!!!..
Well the Zl1 didn't fail really, it out performed the gt500 which has horrible brake fade, so comfort and ease around the turns the ZL1 had it beat, for the 1/4 mile it was not that huge of a difference, and with a pulley and tune your Zl1 closes the gap perfectly if you're worried about drag racing a gt500... People just don't think of the Camaro like they think of the Mustang.

Yes I heard the same thing too, I happen to be a huge fan of Z28's since they are the Camaro staple. I am glad to see it come back.
Old 04-07-2013, 10:39 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Well the Zl1 didn't fail really, it out performed the gt500 which has horrible brake fade, so comfort and ease around the turns the ZL1 had it beat, for the 1/4 mile it was not that huge of a difference, and with a pulley and tune your Zl1 closes the gap perfectly if you're worried about drag racing a gt500... People just don't think of the Camaro like they think of the Mustang.

Yes I heard the same thing too, I happen to be a huge fan of Z28's since they are the Camaro staple. I am glad to see it come back.
Oh yes im aware the zl1 is still badass.....but if you look at every zl1 video on YouTube ...it makes us look real bad bro.......I seen the zl1 at the track and yes its.amazing
Old 04-07-2013, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by freshofftheboat
Oh yes im aware the zl1 is still badass.....but if you look at every zl1 video on YouTube ...it makes us look real bad bro.......I seen the zl1 at the track and yes its.amazing
Yeah well money can't buy brains so I guess in that respect some ZL1 owners lack enough brains but made up for it with cash haha.
Old 04-07-2013, 01:09 PM
Teching In

.....lol......

Quick Reply: 2014 Camaro revealed this morning