Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Speed Shop Las Vegas

Search this Thread

Old 05-12-2013, 04:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Speed Shop Las Vegas

Hey guys,

I'm looking for a reputable shop to do some work for me in Las Vegas. My father had my car for a little bit and thought he'd do me a favor and change the oil...and neglected to read the oil cap which said synthetic...he used organic...now it's leaking like a sieve. It's bleeding oil out of every gasket, seal, and what not.

I was also considering doing a heads/cam upgrade to it, changing the intake and headers, oil pump, and possibly injectors. The goal is 425rwhp...100 more than I have now and still be a solid DD if required...now that it needs work, why not do it all ya know?

Can anyone recommend any shops in the Las Vegas area? Otherwise, relatively close shops? I don't mind going to Arizona or Cali...thanks for the help.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Leading Edge Performance 702-227-6579
Old 05-12-2013, 09:31 PM
Staging Lane

LEP for sure as said above...
Old 05-13-2013, 04:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks guys, I'll give them a call. I appreciate it!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

DO YOUR RESEARCH................

Talk to other Vegas LSX owners and then decide based on your own judgement. If you drive an LS in town, chances are that you have heard of the local clubs (Vegas LSX, Sincity5)

Bottom line is that EVERY tuner in town has GOOD and BAD reputations. I can name a few who have had very bad experiences with LEP.
Old 05-21-2013, 02:10 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All I can say is ive known a few of the owners of machine shops that LEP uses, and several cars that have been through there. You pay top dollar for good parts, but what you receive is entirely different. Ive seen $25k builds that have non-name brand springs and rockers on them, only to drop a valve in a brand new motor. He was nice enough to charge the guy AGAIN to fix it. On the way back home another spring/rocker let go... the same day he got it back. Ended up taking it to a real shop.

So if you have no mechanical knowledge and don't feel like pulling all of their work apart to double check it, Id find an honest shop. Problem is, I dont know of any LS based shops in vegas to recommend.

I would nail LEP to the wall with EVERY single part, part number, and make them take pictures of all the work they do. If they dont agree to that, find somewhere else.

If you dont mind going to Cali, Cunningham motorsports. Probably one of the few honest shops out there. I always misspell Ryan's name, and Mike are both excellent.
Old 05-25-2013, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Just do the work your self use as many guides as you can and google and dont be afraid to ask and search on here.
Old 07-13-2013, 11:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

sweet guys. I've been on a deployment for awhile and am heading home soon and just checked back in here. Thanks for the info. I've done some reading and just think based off of the info at hand, LEP probably won't be on my list. Thanks for the support and other recommendations.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oh when he put organic in your car it only leaked. My dad put organic in mine while I was at the river my motor blew within 2 weeks.
Old 07-13-2013, 01:55 PM
Teching In

I think you should go talk to LEP in person. I can say I've been to that shop numerous times and got exactly what I paid for. You cant please everyone because there's always idiots out there that don't have a clue but wanna sling mud. I'm by no means talking about anyone on here. If you need help with anything I live in town and can steer you the right way.
Old 07-14-2013, 06:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

cool man, appreciate it.
Old 08-31-2013, 03:35 PM
Teching In

So are there any other places other than LEP? I really need a re-tune and am having some hydraulic issues that need to be nailed down. Any good place in Vegas though, I don't care if they are LSX based shops per-say as long as they are knowledgeable and won't rip me off. Even a good mechanic who has a garage shop. Thanks for the help guys, really want my car back to 100%.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:42 PM
Teching In

i sent you a pm

Quick Reply: Speed Shop Las Vegas