Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

High Compression/Nitrous 447 C5Z CMS Build Thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Apologize for the late update. I've been rather busy lately. The car went on the dyno last week but we weren't able to finish up the tune due to poor E85 content. We had tried pumping out all the 91 out of the tank but apparently we didn't get it all out. We took a sample from the tank and it was only 60% ethanol. We also believe the stock catback with the 2.5 inch piping is holding us back a tad so I'm ordering a 3 inch axle back to get rid of any restriction. With all that said we did make some pretty good numbers considering all this.

The car made 605rwhp and 530wtq on a Mustang dyno. The car has pretty low timing and we ran it pretty fat at 11.8 so that I could drive the car to run a few tanks through it to get it to a full E85. It took me two full tanks but the content is now at a full E85 so look for new numbers once the exhaust gets in and we throw it back on the dyno.

The car is an animal though! It's extremely responsive. Even though the cam is rather big, it drives really well on the street. I can't wait to get the exhaust all finished and get back on the dyno to finish the tune up. Shortly after that the Nitrous kit will be back on and tuned as well!
Old 08-25-2013, 06:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sweet build. Regrettably I didn't get to see it run at the temecula car meet last Tuesday. But from all the good things I hear about Ryne, there is only one choice when I finally get to pull the trigger on MOD hell for the Cadi

E85 is getting more plentiful now. When I had my last car tuned for it I had trouble finding stations. Hell, they put a pump in across the freeway from me on Clinton Keith and I15 now at the chevron. It makes me want to put a big supercharger on the V now. Gotta keep saving my lunch money.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:11 AM
Teching In

So the car went back on the dyno on Friday. We finally got enough tanks through it to get the ethanol content up to E85. Still waiting to get the 3inch axle back exhaust to get done from Magnaflow. They're doing a custom 3 inch muffler for us to prevent any restriction. With that being said Ryne was able to really dial in the car a lot better now that the ethanol content was right. He also took a little more time to dial in the drive ability. I thought the drive ability was great before for a cam with this much overlap but man, it got even BETTER!

Now to the question everyone's wondering, what's the power again after dialing it in a bit more. Well we had seen it up as high as 618 in one of the earlier runs but he backed it off a tad and we ended up with a solid 613rwhp and 535rwtq. VERYYY solid numbers on a Mustang dyno. The car runs so good and I know once we get that 3 inch axle back on the car it's going to let it breathe a bit more and with that will be a nice bump in power. I'll leave you guys with the dyno video I took, I'll keep updating as we finish up the tune and also I should be throwing the nitrous solenoids back on the car this week. Enjoy the video!

Last edited by MySelfAffliction; 02-27-2014 at 08:59 AM.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:12 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ryridesmotox
Sweet build. Regrettably I didn't get to see it run at the temecula car meet last Tuesday. But from all the good things I hear about Ryne, there is only one choice when I finally get to pull the trigger on MOD hell for the Cadi

E85 is getting more plentiful now. When I had my last car tuned for it I had trouble finding stations. Hell, they put a pump in across the freeway from me on Clinton Keith and I15 now at the chevron. It makes me want to put a big supercharger on the V now. Gotta keep saving my lunch money.
Oh don't worry the car will be out again at one of the Tuesday meets. It will probably be after I get the new 3 inch mufflers.
Old 08-26-2013, 02:50 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Excellent... I volunteer for video man in any highway pulls lol. I bet that thing is nucking futs.

Quick Reply: High Compression/Nitrous 447 C5Z CMS Build Thread