Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Barona Raceway

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 07:44 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Barona Raceway

Went for the first time yesterday saw some nice fbodies and one that needed the right rims in the worst way, kept loading the body onto the tire when they shifted to second...

I kinda want to run my car there, pretty crappy what happened with the bug but they definitely have faster cars than Irwindale there. Really a fun time.
Old 08-25-2013, 11:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey there Adam. Yea we were out there yesterday. We are Socal Muscle and just a bunch of friends that hang out. Are you talking about that white Calicoalition one. That thing was hilarious.
Old 08-26-2013, 10:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by NnOoSsSs
Hey there Adam. Yea we were out there yesterday. We are Socal Muscle and just a bunch of friends that hang out. Are you talking about that white Calicoalition one. That thing was hilarious.
I figured you guys were on here, I thought I had seen some of the cars at the Irvine meet a couple years back.

I did not see any other stickers but it was the other one with Hockey stripes and the rims were way out passed the body, every time he shifted you could clearly see the car squat right on the tire.

I know of you guys and I might make it out to Barona again it is only an hour and a half from me just down the 15. I miss running my car lol.

Was yours the black one? There were a couple of the fbodies that run what mine used to run before the 6 speed swap, I was doing 7.4/7.5 at 92 mph at Irwindale.
Old 08-26-2013, 12:52 PM
On The Tree

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I ran barona once, fun place, good track prep. It's just so damn far for me, but I'd definitely love to go back. It's seems like a crazy short shut down area for the fast guys though.
Old 08-26-2013, 01:29 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slogoat
I ran barona once, fun place, good track prep. It's just so damn far for me, but I'd definitely love to go back. It's seems like a crazy short shut down area for the fast guys though.
Yeah but they have the sand at the end, like Irwindale that has a wall lol.
Old 08-26-2013, 05:55 PM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I was there the other night as well in the White WS-6. You should have said whats up to some of us. God knows we sat in the staging lanes doing **** for a good 2 hours at a time. lol
Old 08-26-2013, 06:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 93camaro_zzz
Yeah I was there the other night as well in the White WS-6. You should have said whats up to some of us. God knows we sat in the staging lanes doing **** for a good 2 hours at a time. lol
Next time I will I don't think anyone knows me or I know you guys that well, but I will come up, I am just a tall fella with a beard lol.

Yeah there was a lot of sitting especially after the bug.. damn that was still a trip to see.

Also you running the car with the TH400? How bad is it in the freeway?
Old 08-26-2013, 06:10 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
Also you running the car with the TH400? How bad is it in the freeway?
Yes, and I wouldn't know, mine is just a track car unless I am doing a little tuning on side roads. But I could only imagine it would be bad, because I also have 4.57's in the rear.
Old 08-26-2013, 06:22 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 93camaro_zzz
Yes, and I wouldn't know, mine is just a track car unless I am doing a little tuning on side roads. But I could only imagine it would be bad, because I also have 4.57's in the rear.
Ahhh gotcha, I am thinking of swapping back to auto, but I kind of want to get into running 1/2 mile and mile events.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:51 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by LS1Adam84
I figured you guys were on here, I thought I had seen some of the cars at the Irvine meet a couple years back.

I did not see any other stickers but it was the other one with Hockey stripes and the rims were way out passed the body, every time he shifted you could clearly see the car squat right on the tire.

I know of you guys and I might make it out to Barona again it is only an hour and a half from me just down the 15. I miss running my car lol.

Was yours the black one? There were a couple of the fbodies that run what mine used to run before the 6 speed swap, I was doing 7.4/7.5 at 92 mph at Irwindale.
Haha well hes with us but i know there was another white camaro that had redicoulus wheels on it. But either way yea barona is super close to us. I didnt run that night. The black one that broke the 10 bolt is my buddies.
Old 08-27-2013, 12:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Haha well hes with us but i know there was another white camaro that had redicoulus wheels on it. But either way yea barona is super close to us. I didnt run that night. The black one that broke the 10 bolt is my buddies.

So the one with the rims way out passed the fenders was not with you guys correct?

I left at like 9:30 so my Pops could get home, he lives near Pasadena and was like hey lets go check this out it's only 1.5 hours from your house... but almost 3 hour drive for him lol.

The black one busted the rear? Damn I feel glad I have over 160 passes on my stock 10 bolt lol. Now that it's behind a t56 I am not sure how long it will last.
Old 08-27-2013, 04:18 PM
TECH Resident

well they normally will last a good amount as long as you let your tires play around but we threw some slicks on there and that was all she wrote. I dont really play around at the strip since i still have my 10bolt and i feel as though its to risky for me, when i get back from ls fest i will most likely start the 9 inch.
Old 08-27-2013, 05:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

well they normally will last a good amount as long as you let your tires play around but we threw some slicks on there and that was all she wrote. I dont really play around at the strip since i still have my 10bolt and i feel as though its to risky for me, when i get back from ls fest i will most likely start the 9 inch.
Yeah mine lasted because I would foot brake it, so there was less shock on the rear, but 6 speed cars pretty much tell the ring gear to go screw itself and the poor spider gears scream for dear life.
Old 08-27-2013, 07:41 PM
11 Second Club

I was there also adam, yeah the guy with the white ss had some god awful rear wheels on it. I was ashamed as a fellow white fbody owner. DA was horrible for times but it was a great time.
Old 08-28-2013, 12:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsteele90
I was there also adam, yeah the guy with the white ss had some god awful rear wheels on it. I was ashamed as a fellow white fbody owner. DA was horrible for times but it was a great time.
Yeah it looks like it... I am debatin going back making the car a fun drag car or do 1/2 and full mile events, killrls1 has talked with me about it and put the bug in my ear about it, a couple other friends have been trying to get me to set her up for road course... So many options so little time lol.
Old 08-28-2013, 04:44 PM
11 Second Club

so you still have the car? I saw it for sale a few months ago. no takers?
Old 08-29-2013, 12:29 AM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Its an 1/8th mile right? Are they as strict as Irwindale when it comes to tech, like lets say a car running sub 7sec times with no roll bar?
Old 08-29-2013, 02:37 AM
11 Second Club

Right up the road from me. Need to get my Gto back together so I can run her
Old 08-29-2013, 02:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jsteele90
so you still have the car? I saw it for sale a few months ago. no takers?
Yeah I still have it, had some guy come buy with his buddy and low ball me after I said I was firm on the price, and at $7k for my car that's pretty damn good. Dudes buddy even pulled my AC vent out and started to break it..

The only reason I would sell it is to buy a project 67/68 camaro and if it doesn't sell for $7k then I am keeping it, considering the condition of other fbodies around that price range.

Originally Posted by C5natie
Its an 1/8th mile right? Are they as strict as Irwindale when it comes to tech, like lets say a car running sub 7sec times with no roll bar?
I don't know for sure... Anyone who has run there have any knowledge of this?

Originally Posted by yelo04goat
Nice, I wonder, what do people do for work who live out there?
Old 08-29-2013, 08:02 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by yelo04goat
travis whats up man. You live by that little gas station? Thats were our hang spot is by the way how is the goat coming along.

Quick Reply: Barona Raceway