Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Morgan Hill Track Petition (Northern-Cali, San Jose, San Fran., Bay Area)

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2005, 09:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Morgan Hill Track Petition (Northern-Cali, San Jose, San Fran., Bay Area)

Alright people, theres gonna be a Petition signing Next Saturday at Starbucks on Blossom Hill Rd. and Santa Teresa *1pm-4pm

The petition is to get a track put in to Morgan Hill. Since San Jose wont give us one b/c of the over polulated City doesn't need any more visitors and the need for additional Funds for police enforcement, we were advised from the San Jose Police Department that Morgan Hill would be our best bet for our petition to pass and that they would sign our petition. Morgan Hill needs the money, vistors, etc. this will also help their city expand and build a larger police force.

We need everyones help and support for this. This will be the first signing and there will be plenty of more days that will setup for signings. Out of city signatures will help in showing Morgan hill this will infact bring vistors

everyone thats signs will be given a flyer for a drive that will be held in the following month on a saturday through the Cities in support for the track.
Old 03-03-2005, 11:06 AM
lm7
TECH Fanatic

I'll be there. post this on Ca fords if its not already there. i know norcal ls1 and norcal 1320 has it up...
Old 03-04-2005, 10:18 PM
On The Tree

Whats up Sol. I will be there 2morrow for the signing. See you there.
Old 03-05-2005, 02:03 PM
On The Tree

yeah i'll be there except i just put a whole in my oilpan and i'll probably be running alittle late
Old 03-06-2005, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Morgan Hill is a samall town but theres alot of empty land. I used to live there and I hope it goes through for you guys!
Old 03-08-2005, 02:56 AM
TECH Regular

Do we have to sign in person? Mo-hill is pretty cool, my favorite place over the hill.
Old 03-09-2005, 04:37 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

how did this go?
wish I had seen this post sooner, I will definetly sign.
when will we have another oppurtunity?
Old 03-10-2005, 05:14 PM
On The Tree

We have a signing this Sat. at Blossom Hill & Santa Teresa.
It will be in the parking lot where KOHLS is at. We will facing Santa Teresa road.
For more info pm DVCrazyCamTAWs6 is has way more 411.
Old 03-13-2005, 02:24 AM
Staging Lane

Anymore signings between March 18-26? I'm at college now, but would love to see a track open near my house for summer, and would be happy to sign or do something during my spring break. Let me know if there's anything I can do to help out guys.
-Ron
Old 03-14-2005, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

Why don't you bring that petition to the GoodGuys show in Pleasanton this upcoming weekend. I think you maybe able to get a few of those true car nuts to sign the petition. Where else are you going to get thousands of people together?
Old 03-14-2005, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

A buch of us are going to the GoodGuys car show. I will be there w/ the petition. Hope it doesnt rain though.
Old 03-21-2005, 10:35 PM
Launching!

So whats the latest news??
Old 03-25-2005, 03:17 PM
On The Tree

the latest new well pretty much stands i was moving last weekend and it happened to rain. so there was no signing will be setting up another shortly

updated info:
The news of this petition is spreading fast, and more and more big companies and support from our people keeping coming. I am one helping to Organize all this and make it happen. I would like to inform everyone that we now have the NHRA and Nascar in Support of our drive towards a track, as far as support were talking funding/building. One other is Numi in Fremont, they'll provide the land and build the track, and if anything Sign our petition with up to 6000 signatures, by mid April we will know more on what Numi has in store for us. There’s also a women in Morgan Hill ready to give up her land for a track only, that we’ll be getting in touch with. We also have support from speedsceneracing.com a broadcast radio show. Some of you probably have heard that Sac Raceway might be closing down as early as 2 yrs from now. The most important thing to get this to pass is not through city approval as much as it is resident approval. The city will not approve anything with out their residence approval. The same with building freeways, airports, constructing businesses, annoying neighbors, etc. all must be petitioned to some degree, if it’s changing land zoning, simple approval for a small business if not in proper zoning or trying to kick your neighbor out.
I’ll keep everyone informed as much as possible making visit to all the forums in support or listing our petition

Thank you
SoL Arioto
Old 04-01-2005, 01:06 PM
On The Tree

Update is: We've talk to the NHRA yesterday over a radio show and they for sure have our backs on this, and that their dedicated in doing things like building tracks to help getting kids off the street, and the fact the really want a track in the bay area . so we will be having further discussions with them. Another radio show will be broadcasted in dedication to this cause soon.

also have a a guy willing to purchase land for a track if needed more sponsors and investors would also help, depending on if this is something we going to have to do with out the help of a big corporation then we will need as much money as possible to make this happen

if anyone has any questions. you can send emails to

pontiacgrl327@yahoo.com

a big banner will be made also for any businesses in support with their logos on it. you can also send your logo images to that email
Thanks
~SoL~
Old 04-01-2005, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Sunday the 3rd of April from 1pm-4pm will be at Eastridge Mall in front of JcPenny facing Capital Exp. show your support show up and sign the petition, anyone and everyone is welcome

thanks
~SoL~
Old 04-02-2005, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Hey, this is absolutely beautiful.

Has anyone contacted the local papers, i.e., to push the safety side of this as opposed to the current street racing and how bad it's gotten lately?

I'm sure we can even get Mr. Roadshow at the Mercury to support this.

This definetely needs more exposure.

BTW, I'll see you there tomorrow to sign that petition.
Old 04-02-2005, 10:39 PM
High on diesel fumes

I don't live anywhere close to you or have any idea what the scene is up there, but I think it's incredible what you're doing. Just shows how much of a difference people can make when they make up their mind they are going to help...
Old 04-03-2005, 08:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

hey i'm all behind you guys but I was talkin with my boss and a couple of his friends and this has been shot down many many times in the past. trust me im all for it an nikejr16 has gotta send me some papers for my crew to sign... ahh to drive down my hill to a strip... i can dream.... but i'll be there with my crew for you guys!
Old 04-04-2005, 01:14 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by superchannelkev
hey i'm all behind you guys but I was talkin with my boss and a couple of his friends and this has been shot down many many times in the past. trust me im all for it an nikejr16 has gotta send me some papers for my crew to sign... ahh to drive down my hill to a strip... i can dream.... but i'll be there with my crew for you guys!

yeah it has, but thats where it ends, it starts a petition and ends with a petition. we got a petition, the support of the people, investors, sponsors, Land. and working on few other things, costs of equipment etc. but we got people willing to put out the money regardless of the cost.. sure lets make a petition then send it on it's way and hope it get approved with nothing to back it up. whos paying , wheres it going to be, costs and revenues, track laid down rules and laws, proposal for land zoning. etc theres alot thats need to go into it before you can even take it to court or send in your petitions. where gonna get everything going first , get the media involved then make it a battle..
Old 04-04-2005, 03:22 PM
Staging Lane

Damn just saw this today how did everything go? I'm down in Soledad it would be nice for a track in Morgan Hill! I think their is one here in Laguna seca I remember about a year or two ago in the news when the cops where racing the ricers here.

Quick Reply: Morgan Hill Track Petition (Northern-Cali, San Jose, San Fran., Bay Area)