Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default SoCal Dyno Tuning by CAM

Dyno Tuning at Tuning Technologies
Who:
Jeff Creech of Carolina Auto Masters www.carolinaautomasters.com
What:
LT1/LS1/LS2/LS6/DFI/FAST
When:
August 19, 20 and 21, 2005 (Friday, Saturday and Sunday)
Times:
To be Reserved with Deposit
The tuning will be done from 8:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. in approximately 2-hour increments.
Where:
Tuning Technologies www.tuningtechnologies.com
Colton, CA (Near San Bernardino, I-10 and I-215/91 Interchange)
Cost:
$300 plus dyno time for bolt-on cars
$350 plus dyno time for h/c/stroker/turbo/sc combination cars

Dyno Time:
Dyno Time is $100 per hour, rounded to the shortest 15 minute increment

How Do You Sign Up?
PM or e-mail me for time reservations or for answers to specific questions
Old 08-01-2005, 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

Nobody needs tuning?
Old 08-01-2005, 12:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

I do. Can you reply to the PM I sent you a few weeks ago? That way I will know what I need to do get my car ready.
Old 08-01-2005, 12:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jeff Creech...Jeff Creech......

OOOH! i know him! hes the guy whos tunes i have to redo for local friends because they suck at everything except WOT. you would think he would atleast tune the hot idle good.... or the idle at all...

but im sure having your car tuned by the same guy who will then fly back across the country away from you is a good idea... its only about 2,000 miles or a $500 plane ticket to get him back to fix the tune on your car.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Raymond K. Hessell
I do. Can you reply to the PM I sent you a few weeks ago? That way I will know what I need to do get my car ready.
Sorry, Raymond - I thought I had replied. I will add you to the broadcast e-mail and fill you in on the details. You can also e-mail Jeff directly at milkman@lugnutz.com for specific questions.

Last edited by SS MPSTR; 08-01-2005 at 06:38 PM.
Old 08-01-2005, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MrDude_1

OOOH! i know him! hes the guy whos tunes i have to redo for local friends because they suck at everything except WOT. you would think he would atleast tune the hot idle good.... or the idle at all...

but im sure having your car tuned by the same guy who will then fly back across the country away from you is a good idea... its only about 2,000 miles or a $500 plane ticket to get him back to fix the tune on your car.
Ahh, of course you fix all the tunes he does for your friends. If he was that terrible, you could make a living flying around the country behind him and advertise your 'fixes' to his tunes, no?
Old 08-01-2005, 07:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Michael,

did you set me up with a time yet?
Old 08-01-2005, 09:15 PM
Teching In

Any good customer relationship requires genuine and honest communication. I think any of the people I've tuned in California will attest to the fact that through thick and thin I've been responsive and helpful. Doesn't matter if it's California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Iowa, Texas, etc, most of customers don't have issues, and those that do, ask for help, sometimes it's something that needs computer adjustment, more often than not, it's something mechanical that can mask with the computer (turn off the codes from a FRONT O2 perhaps, rather than looking at why the O2 is dying).

The South Carolina "friends" you mention, who are they? Customers who never re-contacted me if there were issues, never asked for any additional help from me, if they even exist at all! I've tried to find anyone I've tuned in SC that's not happy with the response they've gotten from me, and by golly, I can't find them.

It's easy to be a competitor and have the time to search every forum of every board trying to start stuff like this. It's another to have a customer base approaching 1000 cars (and spent most of your time helping them, rather than surfing the net looking for people to bash), very very many of them quite happy, hell, 100% of them who have taken the time to give me a phone call or mail and say "this doesn't seem right, can you help?"

Ask Wicket Mike, how many calls and e-mails have I fielded from you in the last week or so trying to sort out issues with KR? And before that, how long had it been since I had heard a peep from you? 6 months?

I think what my customer's say about me is way more important than what competitors have to say. (That being said, Mr Dude keeps a list of the 1-2 unhappy people with my work, and they'll be on here in a minute as soon as his PM's to them are answered.) I guess if your competitors have no other choice than to throw rocks, you must be doing something right.

I'm back to the shop to finish a turbo LS1 that I'm hoping will put down over 800 to the tires!!
-jeff
Old 08-01-2005, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Milkman383

Ask Wicket Mike, how many calls and e-mails have I fielded from you in the last week or so trying to sort out issues with KR? And before that, how long had it been since I had heard a peep from you? 6 months?

-jeff

to many , lol.
Im glad you have been patient with me.

You have helped me with this and its not even a tuning issue.

You always respond to my emails within 24hours and sometimes we even have 3 or 4 emails a day.

thanks for your help!
Old 08-02-2005, 12:02 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WicketMike
Hey Michael,

did you set me up with a time yet?
What day did you want? Time preference?
Old 08-02-2005, 01:23 AM
11 Second Club

I will state what I think of Jeff Creech

He will be doing mine for the second time. I just added some heads and a catback. I have the money to spend but I wanted the best. So I had Jeff tune mine.

I will see you Friday at 4:00 Jeff

Ken
Old 08-02-2005, 01:25 AM
11 Second Club

Also every time I have e-mailed him ( at least 30 times ) he has responded to me within 24 hours or sooner.
Old 08-02-2005, 05:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SS MPSTR
Sorry, Raymond - I thought I had replied. I will add you to the broadcast e-mail and fill you in on the details.
Cool, looking forward to it.

You can also e-mail Jeff directly at milkman@lugnutz.com for specific questions.
I'll email Jeff when I get home Thursday.
Old 08-02-2005, 07:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Milkman383
Any good customer relationship requires genuine and honest communication. I think any of the people I've tuned in California will attest to the fact that through thick and thin I've been responsive and helpful. Doesn't matter if it's California, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Iowa, Texas, etc, most of customers don't have issues, and those that do, ask for help, sometimes it's something that needs computer adjustment, more often than not, it's something mechanical that can mask with the computer (turn off the codes from a FRONT O2 perhaps, rather than looking at why the O2 is dying).

The South Carolina "friends" you mention, who are they? Customers who never re-contacted me if there were issues, never asked for any additional help from me, if they even exist at all! I've tried to find anyone I've tuned in SC that's not happy with the response they've gotten from me, and by golly, I can't find them.

It's easy to be a competitor and have the time to search every forum of every board trying to start stuff like this. It's another to have a customer base approaching 1000 cars (and spent most of your time helping them, rather than surfing the net looking for people to bash), very very many of them quite happy, hell, 100% of them who have taken the time to give me a phone call or mail and say "this doesn't seem right, can you help?"

I think what my customer's say about me is way more important than what competitors have to say. (That being said, Mr Dude keeps a list of the 1-2 unhappy people with my work, and they'll be on here in a minute as soon as his PM's to them are answered.) I guess if your competitors have no other choice than to throw rocks, you must be doing something right.

I'm back to the shop to finish a turbo LS1 that I'm hoping will put down over 800 to the tires!!
-jeff
bah, i didnt bother to PM anyone...

mostly im just pissed off about the idle you setup on a couple cars... im sure they started fine whenever you tuned them, but now that the weather's diffrent, they needed a little gas to start... and wtf is with setting the idle of a heads/mild cam automatic car to 1150?! esp since the car has a very very mild stall? the car idles smooth and drives great at 750... it'll even idle down below 500 if you somehow stall a auto...

i donno.. i guess its because i KNOW that to properly set a idle tune, or a part throttle tune, you need to spend alot more time on it then you can... plus you only do WOT tuning anyway.

i dont have a shop, but im going back to my driveway to finish a turbo LS1 that I know will put down over 600 to the tires... mostly because its a daily driver, so theres no need to dial it up past there. chassis couldnt put it down anyway.

-- Travis

edit:
do you ever do any VE tuning at all? ive seen the bins for several cars you've done, not one has had any VE mods.
you DO know that at low RPM, the PCM looks at VE more then the MAF, right?
Old 08-02-2005, 10:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

What day did you want? Time preference?

Give me the earliest on Saturday

thanks

Mike
Old 08-02-2005, 11:10 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by WicketMike
Give me the earliest on Saturday

thanks

Mike
You've got 8:00 a.m. Saturday.
Old 08-03-2005, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

i donno.. i guess its because i KNOW that to properly set a idle tune, or a part throttle tune, you need to spend alot more time on it then you can... plus you only do WOT tuning anyway.

I don't know you...but your a moron. Making ignorant generalizations like that, is rediculous.

I can tell you Jeff and I went for a 10 minute drive to get the part throttle tune perfect. I can think of a number of people that were astounded by the part throttle improvements Jeff made.

Jeff is a great guy and does a great job tuning. He responds quickly and always makes himself available for advice/help.

I called him a month or so ago and he still remembered me on a first name basis. Few shops/people are that personable.

Jeff/CAM will get all of my future business and recomendations.
Old 08-04-2005, 05:28 AM
On The Tree

Nobody needs tuning?
You gots my PM right?
Old 08-04-2005, 08:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Tireburnin
I don't know you...but your a moron. Making ignorant generalizations like that, is rediculous.

I can tell you Jeff and I went for a 10 minute drive to get the part throttle tune perfect. I can think of a number of people that were astounded by the part throttle improvements Jeff made.

Jeff is a great guy and does a great job tuning. He responds quickly and always makes himself available for advice/help.

I called him a month or so ago and he still remembered me on a first name basis. Few shops/people are that personable.

Jeff/CAM will get all of my future business and recomendations.
getting a tune, even part throttle, 90% there takes almost no time. any idiot can do it. its getting that last 10% thats hard. do you have any idea how easy it is to get a "astounding" part throttle improvement when you're really far off? pretty easy.. but hey, whatever..... if its so great, do us all a favor, go datalog it and post up your LTFTs...lol

edit:
oh yea, anyone who thinks they can get a great part throttle tune in 10mins is also a moron.... you may have seen a improvement, but any monkey with a tuning program could improve on something bad enough.
Old 08-04-2005, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

edit:
oh yea, anyone who thinks they can get a great part throttle tune in 10mins is also a moron.... you may have seen a improvement, but any monkey with a tuning program could improve on something bad enough.

High five to being the best tuner out there. Your reputation preceeds you.

Quick Reply: SoCal Dyno Tuning by CAM