Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

cops

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2006, 07:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cops

Cops aren't messing aroudnt now last nite I went to the street races with my friend in his STI so we get pulled over and some other guy behind us made both cars pop hoods for illegal stuff took pics the car engine and owners of cars there getting stricted everyone watch out!
Old 03-20-2006, 08:12 PM
TECH Regular

Where was this at?
Old 03-20-2006, 11:17 PM
On The Tree

Gardena 310
Old 03-21-2006, 12:02 AM
SSU's Drunk Typing Whore

**** that ****
Old 03-21-2006, 12:33 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 35thanniversaryss
Gardena 310

well thats why...
Old 03-21-2006, 12:34 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Lithium
**** that ****
+1 ...
Old 03-21-2006, 12:45 AM
On The Tree

WTF ! THats str8 messed uup i heard this before but didnt believe it
Old 03-21-2006, 01:09 AM
On The Tree

Yea so u all watch out if u go racin
Old 03-21-2006, 11:28 AM
Banned

yea...thats cause you are street racing. racing on the street is usually the reason that cops hate performance cars. take it to the track and that wont happen.

good thing you didnt get caught spectating or they would have impounded your ride.

edit: well that came off a little harsher than i intended.."edited for content"

Last edited by Black34V6; 03-21-2006 at 01:32 PM.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:00 PM
On The Tree

V6 who r u talking too me or someone else?
Old 03-21-2006, 12:01 PM
Staging Lane

Street rac'n is illegal.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:14 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black34V6
yea...thats cause you are street racing. stop being stupid and giving performance drivers a bad name. take it to the track and that wont happen.

good thing you didnt get caught spectating or they would have impounded your ride.
you actually go to the track??, with the power your making, and the times you are running i would be embarrassed.
Old 03-21-2006, 12:16 PM
12 Second Club

For one you were in an STI... they dont stop muscle. unless your stupid and yes the whole Street racing thing mite have had something to do with it.
Old 03-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
you actually go to the track??, with the power your making, and the times you are running i would be embarrassed.
Yup, i do take my car to the track. I probably have more pride about my "little" v6 than most v8 owners do. Lemme break in my new clutch and ill meet you there and we can do a run...Should be ready in a few weeks.

Even if I lose the race I won't care.

I dont race to win, I race for the thrill of it and to see just how good my cars setup will be. IMO, people that think that its all about power and winning have something to prove. If you wanna call me "skerred" or whatever other name you can think of, cause I believe that then go ahead. I don't care that you have to put me down to make yourself feel better for after all, it's not my time you are wasting by posting all those names and bitchy content.

Oh yea - one more thing: there will always be someone faster than you.
And ill stand by all that too (no "editing for content" here.). If you are gonna be rude to me i'm not gonna have much concern to keep you in good graces.

But honestly, street racing - considering there are still tracks here in CA - is not exactly the brightest thing in the world. While it is free and gives somewhat of a thrill -- why risk: your life, the lives of others, your cars freedom and your own freedom -- when you can just go to a track on the weekend, get a few runs in and go home and tweak.

I just guess I will never understand the need to break the law to prove how fast your car is when theres a perfectly legal way to do so. Street racing is dangerous and illegal and thats just how it is.

Sorry you can't change my mind....and remember, I'm not mad. Just telling it how I feel. Have a good one.

-R
Old 03-21-2006, 02:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

I disagree with most of what you said. There is street racing and there is responsible street racing. Yeah, I know, I'll probably get flamed for differentiating between the two, but there are ways to mitigate the risks you mention in your post, thus making it more responsible.
Old 03-21-2006, 02:29 PM
12 Second Club

I stopped street racing when I got caught up in a HUGE sweep by the Carson Sheriff over on Avalon & Del Amo back in 1991. I wasn't racing, but I still got a ticket. They took 6 people to jail, impounded 12 cars and handed out 191 tickets that night. They popped the place around 1:30am. I didn't have the privelege of having my car tossed and getting written up untill 5:00am (I was toward the rear of the cars).
Old 03-21-2006, 02:38 PM
Banned

i really dont think there is a distinction. you are still racing on public streets - albeit late at night when there is less traffic - and endangering other people as well as yourselves.

If you wreck your car and need to be taken to the hospital..you are screwed. On a track if you need to be taken to a hospital, there is an ambulance on standby. usually a fire crew as well to control vehicle fires. there is no fire crew in street racing or ambulance on standby -- even "responsible" street racing.

and the word "responsible" and "street racing" shouldnt be used in the same sentence. if you were being responsible you wouldnt be breaking the law or risking your lives for the pursuit of being first in a race, you would use common sense and take your grudges to the track where its safer than on the street.

Plus if you get caught street racing your car will get impounded. If you get caught spectating its a misdemeanor in Los Angeles. (just to friggin watch! - and i've heard they impound for spectating as well)

Also -- some insurance companies will allow you to use your car for legal racing (if you find the right ones, i havent yet) on a track..but will void your insurance if you do it on the street...

I'm sure you'll disagree with everythign I've said above - cause heaven forbid you would do anything that showed a lack of intelligence. sorry, being too harsh again.. heaven forbid you would do things that would be questionable...

anyhow. this discussion is pointless cause i see the reality of it all. and you will sit here and try to justify it to make yourself feel better. and i have better things to do than argue about it. i wont change my mind on the subject. street racing is dangerous and illegal. saying its "responsible" if you do certain things just to make yourself feel better for doing illegal things still doesnt make sense.

<shrugs>
Old 03-21-2006, 04:52 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Black34V6
i really dont think there is a distinction. you are still racing on public streets - albeit late at night when there is less traffic - and endangering other people as well as yourselves.

If you wreck your car and need to be taken to the hospital..you are screwed. On a track if you need to be taken to a hospital, there is an ambulance on standby. usually a fire crew as well to control vehicle fires. there is no fire crew in street racing or ambulance on standby -- even "responsible" street racing.

and the word "responsible" and "street racing" shouldnt be used in the same sentence. if you were being responsible you wouldnt be breaking the law or risking your lives for the pursuit of being first in a race, you would use common sense and take your grudges to the track where its safer than on the street.

Plus if you get caught street racing your car will get impounded. If you get caught spectating its a misdemeanor in Los Angeles. (just to friggin watch! - and i've heard they impound for spectating as well)

Also -- some insurance companies will allow you to use your car for legal racing (if you find the right ones, i havent yet) on a track..but will void your insurance if you do it on the street...

I'm sure you'll disagree with everythign I've said above - cause heaven forbid you would do anything that showed a lack of intelligence. sorry, being too harsh again.. heaven forbid you would do things that would be questionable...

anyhow. this discussion is pointless cause i see the reality of it all. and you will sit here and try to justify it to make yourself feel better. and i have better things to do than argue about it. i wont change my mind on the subject. street racing is dangerous and illegal. saying its "responsible" if you do certain things just to make yourself feel better for doing illegal things still doesnt make sense.

<shrugs>
you seem like a smart guy, so why do you try and modify a v6 camaro, by doing a "3.4 swap" , are you kidding me here, you even post that you run 16's .
but back to your problem with street racing, noone really cared about your opinion, so why did you even say anything?? and all this illegal crap your spewing, well next time look in your rear view mirror at yourself when your going 80 on the freeway, and go turn yourself in to the cops.
Old 03-21-2006, 05:35 PM
Launching!

Here We Go Again Lol
Old 03-21-2006, 06:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by RyneZ06
Nothing wrong with 3.4s

Most people in SoCal, in my area at least don't know how to drive. My lil six has hung with plenty of 5.0 stangs and import crap. Not saying it was faster, just that the drivers didn't know how to drive their cars.

My 3.4 lived its life to the fullest, now its time for the LS1 transplant

Quick Reply: cops