Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006, 09:03 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Default anyone?

Does anyone know where to go to get a clutch installed in southern California. I don't mind a drive, as long as it's done right. Don't want to spend an assload of money either.

I'm considering Clutch house in Bakersfield, but I'm open to anything.

I'm installing a LS6 clutch/Flywheel, 02 slave cylinder, and new pilot bearing.

Thanks.
Old 03-22-2006, 10:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

www.donleeauto.com
Old 03-23-2006, 06:01 AM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

Another vote for Don Lee Auto

Rx Bruce/StoreKeeper99Z28
Old 03-23-2006, 01:23 PM
10 Second Club

thanks coy....
Old 03-23-2006, 01:30 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

P.M. sent
Old 03-23-2006, 02:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Poltergeist

Yeah, if you wanna keep going back for them to fix their mistakes.
Old 03-23-2006, 08:58 PM
TECH Resident

Dave@ Orange County Transmissions. GM trained, good prices.

J
Old 03-23-2006, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Jeff01Z28
Yeah, if you wanna keep going back for them to fix their mistakes.
Hey a new troll with 1 post bashing.
Old 03-24-2006, 02:33 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Poltergeist
Hey a new troll with 1 post bashing.
I'm only sayin what I heard. You have a problem w/ that?
Old 03-24-2006, 03:16 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jeff01Z28
I'm only sayin what I heard. You have a problem w/ that?
Speak from experience... Not hear say.You have no 1st hand experience so don't bash based on something that you heard.And there is always 2 sides to every story.And you said in your 1st post that had to fix a mishap if there even was one,well at least they are willing to try and resolve the problem if there even was one and that is all that you could expect from a shop.
Old 03-24-2006, 03:23 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nine Finger 02 Z28
Speak from experience... Not hear say.You have no 1st hand experience so don't bash based on something that you heard.And there is always 2 sides to every story.And you said in your 1st post that had to fix a mishap if there even was one,well at least they are willing to try and resolve the problem if there even was one and that is all that you could expect from a shop.
OOOO, what now? Got the eGang jumpin on me? No need to get bent over this.
Old 03-24-2006, 04:31 AM
11 Second Club

Default Don Lee's Auto..... Jury still deliberating

I have to agree with him. I've spent some serious money for my car with Don Lee's auto, and Tim and Rick seem like stand up guys. Unfortunately when I got my car home yesterday, I pulled the plugs and they were in HAND TIGHT. The back two plugs 4 & 8 (I think) were tight, but the other 6 were lose as can be. I had a misfire code, a plug was blown out and my exhaust manifold gasket was toast. Tim told me I had blow by and I needed to rebuild the whole motor. I went to the shop and he didnt even start so I took the car home. Unfortunately he made me pay for the parts, and boy they had to be marked up ALOT, even shipping. I paid $971.05 for Diamond pistons, ARP rod bolts, and JE Rings. I've seen the same stuff on Ebay for around $599, so he definately made money off of me. NO biggie but the car is at another shop now, and has an oil leak, no way is it blow bye, as when the car is off sitting in the garage the oil leak gets bigger. Oil pressure is also normal, and there is no power loss when I drive the car, only smell of oil burning off the exhaust. I'm not saying anything negative about them until I get the word from the shop its at now.

Also my quote jumped up from $2800 for the rebuild to $3600. Mainly he said he had to "File Fit" the rings, thats mighty expensive. I understand mistakes happen, but leaving 6 of 8 plugs loose on the heads makes me REAL scared.
Old 03-26-2006, 04:03 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

None of the side commentary was needed, and this post wasn't here to bash Don Lee's auto.

Thanks for the info. I think I am going to be calling Strictly.
Old 04-02-2006, 05:05 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Flash99
I have to agree with him. I've spent some serious money for my car with Don Lee's auto, and Tim and Rick seem like stand up guys. Unfortunately when I got my car home yesterday, I pulled the plugs and they were in HAND TIGHT. The back two plugs 4 & 8 (I think) were tight, but the other 6 were lose as can be. I had a misfire code, a plug was blown out and my exhaust manifold gasket was toast. Tim told me I had blow by and I needed to rebuild the whole motor. I went to the shop and he didnt even start so I took the car home. Unfortunately he made me pay for the parts, and boy they had to be marked up ALOT, even shipping. I paid $971.05 for Diamond pistons, ARP rod bolts, and JE Rings. I've seen the same stuff on Ebay for around $599, so he definately made money off of me. NO biggie but the car is at another shop now, and has an oil leak, no way is it blow bye, as when the car is off sitting in the garage the oil leak gets bigger. Oil pressure is also normal, and there is no power loss when I drive the car, only smell of oil burning off the exhaust. I'm not saying anything negative about them until I get the word from the shop its at now.

Also my quote jumped up from $2800 for the rebuild to $3600. Mainly he said he had to "File Fit" the rings, thats mighty expensive. I understand mistakes happen, but leaving 6 of 8 plugs loose on the heads makes me REAL scared.

Well I stand corrected, I pulled the motor apart myself, and sure enough the #4 Piston has some damage, the ring is definately demolished. And it turns out Tim was right. I could have just said screw it, and not discuss it any further, but when I am wrong I wont be afraid to admit it. The fact still remains that the plugs either loosened up, or just werent tight enough. With these aluminum heads, and being brand new, I guess I could believe that. Being that the plugs werent in tight enough, maybe thats why the nitrous destroyed my piston, or maybe it was the fact that the car had 73K miles on it. Anyways I would like to retract my bad thoughts about Don Lee's and point out he knew exactly what was wrong. He is very expensive, but it just goes to show you, he knows what he is doing.

Quick Reply: anyone?