Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Forced Smog Checks!

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2006, 12:57 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Silver02
Any info on this?
on a pre 75 vehicle you can do pretty much anything you want. if you get pulled over for your vehicle not complying it would probably be because it looks like it could be a later year. you no longer have to smog the car if it is pre 75 because it is like an antique vehicle or something like that. if they are doing the smog checks on the side of the road they would probably just let you go as soon as you said it was pre 75
Old 05-01-2006, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

That makes me feel better. I hate calif smog laws.
Old 05-01-2006, 02:56 PM
Banned

i said it before ill say it again.

California is a police state.

We have come to a time where people just don't care about what happens in this country around them until it happens to them. If the revolutionary war were to happen right now I think that most of the people in this country would be like "but things are ok, so why bother?"

We don't question things anymore when they aren't right, we simply sit and say "well things are ok for now, ill bother with it if it bothers me". The problem with that mentality is thats how tyrants and dictators come to power!

I've seen the laws in California change time and again. When I first started my car club, it was illegal to put anything on your side windows, and illegal to put anything on your windshield, save for a 6" border at the top and bottom. Now its illegal to put anything on the windshield - and get this, even the rear window - unless its in a special 6x6" section to the OPPOSITE corner of the driver. (which technically would make tinting your rear window illegal as well, due to the fact its a "sticker" or something that lays over the window and not in the little 6x6 area they designate.)

I think that we, as a people, allow the law enforcement too much power and we dont hold them to their jobs. they are peace officers charged with upholding the law and keeping the peace, and they are paid by and work for the citizens of the city that they work in. the police as I have seen it are a bullying corrupt force that is bent only on doing what they think is right, regardless of wether or not you are breaking the law due to "probable cause" - which is taken too far

they can arrest you. why? "we had probable cause to believe that the suspect was going to run". they can shoot you. "the suspect reached into the glove box and we had probable cause to believe that he was going for a gun".

as long as they say they have "probable cause" they get away with anythign they want. wtf is up with that? Last I remember reading, property that is purchased by an individual is that individuals property and without a warrant the officers of the law are not allowed to search it.

Used to be (hearing my dad tell it) if a cop asked to search your car and you said no, they had to get the seargant to the scene with a warrant to do so. Now if you say no, they arrest you, cuff you, shove you in the back of their car and search you anyway cause obviously you have something to hide -- "probable cause" again.

bullsh!t. thats all it is.

I believe that there is right and wrong, but i think telling us what we can and cant do with our personal property, provided we do things legally (those of us that dont street race and modify our cars because we want them to perform a certain way and look a certain way and still get hassled) the police should have no reason to hunt us down and bother us.

and this whole new crap with teh street-racing "crackdown" is b.s too. its called "profiling" and it is illegal. its not racial profiling, but it is a form of profiling and if you were to bring that up to a police officer im pretty sure you'd get branded as a criminal and arrested and thrown in the back of a squad car while your vehicle was searched and everything you owned tossed out on the street.

Bullshit i tell you. We need to get word to people that can make a difference and change this crap. Its profiling and it needs to stop...

when i figure out who we can contact to make a change ill let you all know.
Old 05-01-2006, 05:04 PM
11 Second Club

im in can we have guns?
Old 05-03-2006, 11:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by myws6istheshiznit
im in can we have guns?
Of course... just like LT headers, you can have it as long as they don't find it.

Quick Reply: Forced Smog Checks!