Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

have a upcoming race.

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 01:30 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by craparo
my calculations say 4 suspension stickers, 5 neon stickers, and about 36 stickers of parts you don't have on your car but plan to have.
is that how your car makes all that power?
Old 09-18-2006, 10:49 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Juiced
there is a reason the turbo only cost 650.

A 42r or gt47r both cost 2k plus becasue of the technology involed in it. the Dual bearings decrease spool about 20%. A gt45 on a 302 will spool right around 5000rpm, so unless you plan on reving to over 8k rpm you won't be having mucj fun. save the money get a BB turbo and spool it around 4000 rpm. it'll be alot more fun to drive. Or hell go with a t6 flanged PTE t76 with a Q trim wheel thatll support 1000 rwhp on high boost.

One more thing if you plan on making 1000whp through a huge stall and a A2 you are insane, you'll be needing a more cubes under the hood.

actually the reason its so cheap has nothing to d with it being a gt45! It has all to do that the company that makes the turbo sells them for hella cheap due them being made in brazil. the mustang guys have been using them for years with hardly any problems! Its a great turbo a a junkyard kit!
Old 09-18-2006, 11:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Your going with a MP gt45 not a Garret gt45?

Your even in more of a world of hurt Master Power Specializes in Diesel Turbo's Sure they might work on gas engines but not nearly at teh efficiency that a Garret, IHI, or Mitsubishi turbo will.

And here are the HP ratings for each

Base gt45 900hp
gt 45-74 1050
gt45-76 1200

And it's not a 101mm turbo it has a 3.05" inducer that is equal to 77mm

Your going to have a hell of of time with that turbo good luck....lol

I would go with a 42 and make more power easier.
Old 09-18-2006, 01:29 PM
Launching!

Your going with a MP gt45 not a Garret gt45?

Your even in more of a world of hurt Master Power Specializes in Diesel Turbo's Sure they might work on gas engines but not nearly at teh efficiency that a Garret, IHI, or Mitsubishi turbo will.

And here are the HP ratings for each

Base gt45 900hp
gt 45-74 1050
gt45-76 1200

And it's not a 101mm turbo it has a 3.05" inducer that is equal to 77mm

Your going to have a hell of of time with that turbo good luck....lol

I would go with a 42 and make more power easier.

im well aware of that! Its just one of those secrets that not to many know about i guess! if u go to turbomustang.com and look up mp turbos ou would find out that a whole lot of people have been using them with great success!**** the main turbo vendor on that site sells them!
Old 09-18-2006, 01:31 PM
Launching!

i never said it was a 101mm! i said i was gonna go with a 101 after everything has come along and cash flow is a little better!
Old 09-18-2006, 01:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slow89
im well aware of that! Its just one of those secrets that not to many know about i guess! if u go to turbomustang.com and look up mp turbos ou would find out that a whole lot of people have been using them with great success!**** the main turbo vendor on that site sells them!
It's not that weel kept a secret to tell you the truth, as soon as you said brazil i knew exaclt eho you were talking about. They are not an inferior product but they are based on very old technology(both in bearing type and wheel design), it's like choosing between a carb or EFI, they both make power and are both reliable but one will last longer, be more efficient, and make more power.

The MP turbo have very limited Efficiancy Islands and operational RPM (wheel rpm), they suffer from premature chokeflow at High PR Ratios. so if you plan on boosting alot your going to be hurting.

It's up to you I would wait a little longer and buy the right turbo. You've already decided on a kickass block, internals, heads and hopefully a sheetmetal manifold why not wait a few extra months?

It's your car it's up to you, i would just highly rethink your choice.
Old 09-18-2006, 02:10 PM
Launching!

It's not that weel kept a secret to tell you the truth, as soon as you said brazil i knew exaclt eho you were talking about. They are not an inferior product but they are based on very old technology(both in bearing type and wheel design), it's like choosing between a carb or EFI, they both make power and are both reliable but one will last longer, be more efficient, and make more power.

The MP turbo have very limited Efficiancy Islands and operational RPM (wheel rpm), they suffer from premature chokeflow at High PR Ratios. so if you plan on boosting alot your going to be hurting.

It's up to you I would wait a little longer and buy the right turbo. You've already decided on a kickass block, internals, heads and hopefully a sheetmetal manifold why not wait a few extra months?

It's your car it's up to you, i would just highly rethink your choice.

MAINLY BECAUSE I JUST WANT THIS THING TO GET GOING HONESTLY! I HAVE SEEN NOTHING BUT GREAT REVIEWS ON THEM AND THERE PROVEN! BUT THE BIGGEST REASON IS THAT A NAME BRAND GT45 RUNS AROUND WHAT 2400+ AS TO THE MP RUNS 675!
Old 09-18-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by slow89
MAINLY BECAUSE I JUST WANT THIS THING TO GET GOING HONESTLY! I HAVE SEEN NOTHING BUT GREAT REVIEWS ON THEM AND THERE PROVEN! BUT THE BIGGEST REASON IS THAT A NAME BRAND GT45 RUNS AROUND WHAT 2400+ AS TO THE MP RUNS 675!
Except the Garret gt45r is Dual Ball bearing and will support 1300+ Hp without a problem. But like i said it's your car.
Old 09-18-2006, 04:04 PM
11 Second Club

juiced you are sooo pretty i can't wait until we meet for kissies

join the orgy with me and ryne :-*
Old 09-18-2006, 07:02 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by craparo
juiced you are sooo pretty i can't wait until we meet for kissies

join the orgy with me and ryne :-*
i want you to myself, believe me, all you can handle is one big bean, let alone two big beans.

Last edited by RyneZ06; 09-18-2006 at 10:51 PM.
Old 09-18-2006, 10:46 PM
11 Second Club

i know i can only handle one big bean, that is why i stay away from travie and go for you

i like the teenie weenie

Quick Reply: have a upcoming race.