Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

PAC-10 Football

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2006, 06:30 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by slow89
isnt it funny how auburn didnt want to renew the contract with USC lol!
Thats an other thing. I cant stand these supposed powerhouse schools scheduling cream puffs. I know it helps the smaller school make money that day but none the less the game shouldnt count towards a ranking or BCS crap.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

Hahahaha talk about bad officiating. Oklahoma got homied big timed at Oregon on two calls. Both of wich were reviewed and still called wrong. It was like watching Pittsburgh against Indy again. Dont know what replay the ref watched but DAMN!

I didnt see the other one
Old 09-18-2006, 06:47 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really did not want to get involved because I figured from the beginning this would turn into a flame war. But some of you homers/morons are just out of control. The Pac-10 is one of the more balanced conferences in the country, from top to bottom. In a matter of years a team can come from middle/bottom of the pack, to being # 1. Unlike the SEC or ACC where you have 4-5 top teams and everything else is garbage. SEC " Our offenses suck so we claim great defenses" is a very solid conference. But some of you guys are making it seem that the SEC is God's gift to college football. 3 of the last 4 Heisman trophy winners have come from USC.

And keep sleeping on UCLA, it's the perfect scenario for the Bruins. Just like last year, when they snook up on everyone and won 10 games.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DaGeneral
snook up on everyone
So I guess some teams got snookered by them.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:00 PM
Banned

SEC and the ACC have earned their right to brag. Pac 10 hasnt been feirce since the Dawgfathter retired
Old 09-18-2006, 07:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Balanced? How many of the teams out there are legit NC contenders? 1! How many does the SEC have on any given year? 5 year to year an sometimes Bama will sneek in the title hunt to so thats 6. Half the conf. are top 25 teams. How many ya'll got? 3 an the Ducks should have lost to the Sooners.
Old 09-18-2006, 08:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Vols Fan
Balanced? How many of the teams out there are legit NC contenders? 1! How many does the SEC have on any given year? 5 year to year an sometimes Bama will sneek in the title hunt to so thats 6. Half the conf. are top 25 teams. How many ya'll got? 3 an the Ducks should have lost to the Sooners.
its beautiful........^^

suck offense's?....i just meant were known more for our killer D's...i mean we do have the nations best passer and several good running backs....irons put 185 and a couple td's before he was pulled...against one of your supposed balanced teams.....ONCE AND FOR ALL IM SAYING USC IS THE ONLY TEAM THAT IS TOP 10 worthy

i mean if i was auburn and had the schedule they have id careless about playing a hard non conf. game....i mean if usc's conf. was hard theyd understand

for example.....UF's schedule, we have....bama, UT, auburn, LSU, UGA, and FSU...and miami wanted to play us to....you cant name 6 games on any pac 10 teams schedule that would compete with that schedule
Old 09-18-2006, 08:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

and as for the heisman....i could care less about that....most of the time, you take a really great player and have him play kids....its like putting edgerin james into a hs game....OJ was a heisman winner....such a role model
Old 09-18-2006, 08:56 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DaGeneral
I really did not want to get involved because I figured from the beginning this would turn into a flame war. But some of you homers/morons are just out of control. The Pac-10 is one of the more balanced conferences in the country, from top to bottom. In a matter of years a team can come from middle/bottom of the pack, to being # 1. Unlike the SEC or ACC where you have 4-5 top teams and everything else is garbage. SEC " Our offenses suck so we claim great defenses" is a very solid conference. But some of you guys are making it seem that the SEC is God's gift to college football. 3 of the last 4 Heisman trophy winners have come from USC.

And keep sleeping on UCLA, it's the perfect scenario for the Bruins. Just like last year, when they snook up on everyone and won 10 games.
1 person doesn't make a team. So who cares if you have more Heisman players. When I played in high school we had the #1 Recruited Linebacker in the country (who now plays for USC #55 Keith Rivers) and we still went 7-5. (just saying as a reference, 1 good player doesn't mean your team is great).
I believe Florida has a ton of players in the NFL starting and doing quite well.
You guys put up great offenses because your defenses are horrible.
Florida held Tennessee to just 2 yards rushing this past week.
Leak has close to 700 yards passing so far with 10 TD passes.
Didn't tennessee put up 35+pts on Cal?
No offense?
And USC finally played someone decent in the National Championship game and what happend? You lost. That year you guys played Oklahoma even though Auburn was 13-0 was total bullshit, Auburn would have spanked SC that year.
The PAC-10 and Big 12 are totally overrated, and that incident with Auburn going undefeated and not getting to play in the National Championship is total bullshit, letting a multiple loss team play for the NC. And didn't LSU share part of the NC title a couple years ago too?
Old 09-18-2006, 10:04 PM
Launching!

so none of u sec and acc fan boys have answered my question about auburn not resigning the contract lol! i think its cuz they were tired of getting there *** kicked by sc and hoped that the bcs would do wat it normally does and **** up all the bowls!
Old 09-18-2006, 10:06 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by DirtyBird222
1 person doesn't make a team. So who cares if you have more Heisman players. When I played in high school we had the #1 Recruited Linebacker in the country (who now plays for USC #55 Keith Rivers) and we still went 7-5. (just saying as a reference, 1 good player doesn't mean your team is great).
I believe Florida has a ton of players in the NFL starting and doing quite well.
You guys put up great offenses because your defenses are horrible.
Florida held Tennessee to just 2 yards rushing this past week.
Leak has close to 700 yards passing so far with 10 TD passes.
Didn't tennessee put up 35+pts on Cal?
No offense?
And USC finally played someone decent in the National Championship game and what happend? You lost. That year you guys played Oklahoma even though Auburn was 13-0 was total bullshit, Auburn would have spanked SC that year.
The PAC-10 and Big 12 are totally overrated, and that incident with Auburn going undefeated and not getting to play in the National Championship is total bullshit, letting a multiple loss team play for the NC. And didn't LSU share part of the NC title a couple years ago too?

are serious about auburn beating sc! u guys must all be on the good ****!
Old 09-18-2006, 11:12 PM
TECH Senior Member

i got your answer huckleberry.....maybe the fact that USC wanted to play ARK. had something to do with it? or maybe the fact that it was a scheduled one game affair? or maybe even the fact that when you have to play multiple hard teams, theres no reason to add another that doesnt count, just to get your players beat up....USC's roster would NEVERRRRRR hold up in a SEC schedule.....dirty brings up a good point....the AP is so far stuck up the pac10 and big 12s *** they cant see day light....how can auburn go undefeated and get jumped by a multiple loss team?, and how does USC snicker dick there way in to "share" a NC when LSU wins it out right?

im pretty sure the sec this year is 3-1 against the pac 10.....and i have a feeling we will see more of the powder puff league, in some bowl games later....as much as alot of us in the SEC are big rivals...which your pac10 rivalries are just kinda gay....we all agree down here that the left coast teams are all weak
Old 09-19-2006, 12:01 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by staringback05
i got your answer huckleberry.....maybe the fact that USC wanted to play ARK. had something to do with it? or maybe the fact that it was a scheduled one game affair? or maybe even the fact that when you have to play multiple hard teams, theres no reason to add another that doesnt count, just to get your players beat up....USC's roster would NEVERRRRRR hold up in a SEC schedule.....dirty brings up a good point....the AP is so far stuck up the pac10 and big 12s *** they cant see day light....how can auburn go undefeated and get jumped by a multiple loss team?, and how does USC snicker dick there way in to "share" a NC when LSU wins it out right?

im pretty sure the sec this year is 3-1 against the pac 10.....and i have a feeling we will see more of the powder puff league, in some bowl games later....as much as alot of us in the SEC are big rivals...which your pac10 rivalries are just kinda gay....we all agree down here that the left coast teams are all weak

auburn barely beat lsu so i doubt they have a chance against sc so just give it up and go back to where ever u come from! And honestly everyone knows that the sec and acc are over rated! actually there not even over rated anymore there just plain bad with one somewhat good team in each conference!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:24 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This is definitely aside from the point, but if you want to get into a good scuffle, go to an ASU home game wearing "away" clothes.

You'll never win an easier fight against the bitchiest of **** talkers.

Ouch ouch, stop stop, I was only kidding, stop, stop, please, I'm sorry, please stop, someone help me, I'm sorry, sorry, didn't mean it, please, please, wah wah wah...
Old 09-19-2006, 12:42 AM
Launching!

or all u **** from the midwest should just go to a raider game and talk **** lol!
Old 09-19-2006, 12:54 AM
On The Tree

wow, i just got dumber by reading all that crap about the PAC-10 being a great conference. I'm not going to say much. No names will be said, but to say the SEC is over-rated , but yet the PAC-10 isn't, has GOT to be the "smartest" thing i've heard all night. lol I could add in a few other things to that category, but i'll let them be right now.

these are the fatc seither deal with them or not! There is no supreme conference this year! each conference has one really good team and a couple good teams! either deal with that or argue all day! oh yea lets not get into refs helping out cuz auburn should award there player of the game to the ref, with that horrible call at the end which pretty much saved there season!
if you wanna be serious about the matter, there were bad calls on both teams. Heck i'll even send you a dvd copy of the game so you can see them for yourself. Even with the call at the end, you can't place an ENTIRE game on ONE call, or any bad call for that matter (unless your OU b/c they downright got screwed). LSU had many chances to get into Auburn territory, but couldn't because of Auburn's defense.

Now, onto the guy who claims the west coast has AMAZING offenses and thats why they put up a lot of points. WELL, apparently you guys put up a lot of points b/c the other team, oh and including your team also, have crappy defense. ALL i'm going to say is bowl season will be here soon enough.

O BTW. Who won 3 of the last 4 National Championships????? A Pac-10 team right? I may only be a Math major but that looks pretty good for the Pac-10.
to the guy who said that, and everyone else, go here

http://www.onepeat.com/billboard.htm

enough said...

oh yea, WAR EAGLE!!! and GO SEC!!!
Old 09-19-2006, 02:17 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by idrivefast22
wow, i just got dumber by reading all that crap about the PAC-10 being a great conference. I'm not going to say much. No names will be said, but to say the SEC is over-rated , but yet the PAC-10 isn't, has GOT to be the "smartest" thing i've heard all night. lol I could add in a few other things to that category, but i'll let them be right now.

if you wanna be serious about the matter, there were bad calls on both teams. Heck i'll even send you a dvd copy of the game so you can see them for yourself. Even with the call at the end, you can't place an ENTIRE game on ONE call, or any bad call for that matter (unless your OU b/c they downright got screwed). LSU had many chances to get into Auburn territory, but couldn't because of Auburn's defense.

Now, onto the guy who claims the west coast has AMAZING offenses and thats why they put up a lot of points. WELL, apparently you guys put up a lot of points b/c the other team, oh and including your team also, have crappy defense. ALL i'm going to say is bowl season will be here soon enough.

to the guy who said that, and everyone else, go here

http://www.onepeat.com/billboard.htm

enough said...

oh yea, WAR EAGLE!!! and GO SEC!!!

that site is retarded! did u not notice who its sponsored by lol! enough said!
Old 09-19-2006, 10:33 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slow89
or all u **** from the midwest should just go to a raider game and talk **** lol!
except the raiders blow this year too

Hope SC pulls out that tuff game against Arizona this week. I can't believe they are making a national broadcast out of that game. I'd rather watch Boise State play whoever they are going to play.
Old 09-19-2006, 10:56 AM
Banned

You know its gone down hill when the name calling starts.

Grow up kids. Arguing over who's the toughest football crowd now is just plain retarded.

You know what I want!?! I want to take a tour of the best home tailgate party crowds. Popel who are there to cheer for their team, boo the other team and respect the fans who travel. I've booed in peoples faces and then bought them a drink.
Its about respect.
To many college immature idiots out there just dont get it. They think its all about being the biggest jackass you can be to a total stranger.

Events that are called the "biggest cocktail party" have a certain appeal to me.
Isn't that LSU against ?

Sounds like a great rivalry with the right attitude.
Old 09-19-2006, 11:02 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
You know its gone down hill when the name calling starts.

Grow up kids. Arguing over who's the toughest football crowd now is just plain retarded.

You know what I want!?! I want to take a tour of the best home tailgate party crowds. Popel who are there to cheer for their team, boo the other team and respect the fans who travel. I've booed in peoples faces and then bought them a drink.
Its about respect.
To many college immature idiots out there just dont get it. They think its all about being the biggest jackass you can be to a total stranger.

Events that are called the "biggest cocktail party" have a certain appeal to me.
Isn't that LSU against ?

Sounds like a great rivalry with the right attitude.

YOU SOUND LIKE ONE OF THOSE PARENTS THAT GET MAD AT THERE SON'S FOOTBALL COACH FOR YELLING AT THEM LOL! caps>me oh yea im not even a raider fan im a chief fan lol ironic huh!

Quick Reply: PAC-10 Football