Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

PAC-10 Football

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2006 | 11:03 AM
TECH Senior Member

[QUOTE=DirtyBird222]except the raiders blow this year too [QUOTE]

dirty, these kids dont understand rivalries.... as in the iron bowl, the cocktail party, the egg bowl, the usc/clemson game, FSU/UF, UT/UF....those are games where your grandma comes to the game and throws beer, and your 6 year old cousin does full body paint, crowd surfs, and knocks the **** out of a rival band member.....LEE f'n CORSO...is scared to put on that mascot head before the game....

FOOTBALL IS DEFENSE AND SCORING ENOUGH POINTS TO BEAT THE OTHER TEAM

usc wouldnt score a damn thing in that lsu/auburn game.....notice that your QB is from down here?....nobody wanted his ***,

slow89, you had to have gotten left behind in several grades....becuase to say the SEC is just plain bad with ONE somewhat good team you cant have above a 6th grade education....thats just stupid....and i suppose the pac10 is the mega power house with a oregon team that would destroy anyone....with there bs instant replay .....IN THE SEC we can talk about the past...or we can talk about the present....we have a past in florida, alabama, and georgia.....we have a present in auburn, lsu, and florida....and we have a future....in at least 6 teams......the pac10 should be known as the "USC PAC10" conf....because they have HAD no one else, and they wont HAVE anyone else
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:10 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by staringback05
im pretty sure the sec this year is 3-1 against the pac 10.....and i have a feeling we will see more of the powder puff league, in some bowl games later....as much as alot of us in the SEC are big rivals...which your pac10 rivalries are just kinda gay....we all agree down here that the left coast teams are all weak

Actually they are 3-0 this year. You played California, Arizona, and Washington State. All three of those teams played ranked opponents. Arizona and Washington State are in the very bottom of the league. Would you want our top three teams to play the bottom half of your league. Would the process be skewed a little bit???? As I mentioned before California had a bad game. It happens to everybody and every team. Don't act like it doesn't... The next week you BARELY beat Air Force AT HOME... If Fischer DeBerry makes that two point conversion you lose to an unranked and lower echelon opponent @ home.

I hope ASU, Oregon, and USC all meet an SEC opponent in a bowl game this year. I really do. Then we will bring this conversation back up
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by ASUSMC
Actually they are 3-0 this year. You played California, Arizona, and Washington State. All three of those teams played ranked opponents. Arizona and Washington State are in the very bottom of the league. Would you want our top three teams to play the bottom half of your league. Would the process be skewed a little bit???? As I mentioned before California had a bad game. It happens to everybody and every team. Don't act like it doesn't... The next week you BARELY beat Air Force AT HOME... If Fischer DeBerry makes that two point conversion you lose to an unranked and lower echelon opponent @ home.

I hope ASU, Oregon, and USC all meet an SEC opponent in a bowl game this year. I really do. Then we will bring this conversation back up

X2!
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:12 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
You know its gone down hill when the name calling starts.

Grow up kids. Arguing over who's the toughest football crowd now is just plain retarded.

You know what I want!?! I want to take a tour of the best home tailgate party crowds. Popel who are there to cheer for their team, boo the other team and respect the fans who travel. I've booed in peoples faces and then bought them a drink.
Its about respect.
To many college immature idiots out there just dont get it. They think its all about being the biggest jackass you can be to a total stranger.

Events that are called the "biggest cocktail party" have a certain appeal to me.
Isn't that LSU against ?

Sounds like a great rivalry with the right attitude.
my man if this is what you want...come to one of the before mention games there VERY heated but MOST of them are over good exp......the "WORLDS LARGEST COCKTAIL PARTY" happens in jacksonville fl. at the end oct....between UGA and UF....its one of the longest running rivalries, and draws BBQs and massive partyn for a whole week....i thank god ive never had to work it, and could go and have fun....we cookout with the UGA fans, then yell and scream at them during the game, and then go out and get drunk with them afterward (were like 13-2 against uga) but there always good games.....if you want a hate game....go to UF/UT, clemson/ USC, or fsu/uf.....theres no love lost in those games
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:16 AM
Launching!

half the season acc and sec teams play some of the worst teams in the nation. **** half of those teams are bad enough to be JC football teams lol!
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:22 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by ASUSMC

first im not a UT fan...and usc played one of our low teams....so yea i guess that is a little screwed up....so there 3-1....it wouldnt have matter if auburn had played 9 of the pac10 teams, if they dont play USC it wouldnt even have been a game....NO DEFENSE in the pac10 is gonna stop irons...the boy is just crazy good....LEAK would have lit up anybodys secondary and no team has the d to stick with those recievers....ainge is a pretty good qb with a struggling running game...he would have put up points on any pac10 team....like how he blew out your second team in the conf....and i hope they got there faith back in play PORTLAND ST. ....lsu's safteys would hit USC's WR's and around the 2nd half theyd quit...and if everyone has a bad game...your whole airforce point makes no sense, cause UT could have had a bad game...and still won

yea i agree, we will see more in bowl games.....but dont come back flaming this post when UK is putting up points all over ASU
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:23 AM
Banned

No man, my kids arent old enought to play football yet. But I am the coach of his baseball team and asst soccer coach. I yell louder than anyone you know, I'll guarante it.
I lose my voice at the pro games I go to and everyone knows I'm there. Like I said its all about respect. You can boo me all you want you can make fun of my team you can do all that. Its part of the game.
But you can' disrespect the person. You have no right to intimidate, spit on, threaten or touch someone just because they're cheering for their team.

And just so you know, I've from the old school... Shaefer Sullivan Foxboro Stadium to the new Razor. I've seen more fighting at a pro football game than you'll ever see in your life. And that was just for the San Fran game with Joe Montana at QB.

I'm just a little older now and have grown up a little. I can appreciate things in a different manor. That person that your hating because they are from the other team is just the same person as you. They are no different. Would you cut your hand off to spite your face?
Its a matter of reaching that plateau. There was a great quote from a movie I cant remember the movie or the quote but its go's like :

You think you know what its all about. Then you get there and you realize you dont, and you see people who are there but your not there. But then one day you get there and you just see it differently.

I know I butchered LOL
Just so you know I'm 6'3" tall 265 lbs. I've played hockey for 25 years and dont consider myself to be easily intimidated by anyone. I'm not affraid to grab some ******* who deserves it and cave their face in.
Key word is deserve there, and no deserves it because they're cheering for their team. Get in my face about it and then you have a different story. There are rules for visitors as well. You just dont go in and disrespect someone on their home turf.
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slow89
half the season acc and sec teams play some of the worst teams in the nation. **** half of those teams are bad enough to be JC football teams lol!
you just dont make sense anymore.....

i named like 6 of the games earlier that 3 of your teams played, ranging from n.arizona, to portland state, to neveda....and...how many teams are at the bottom of yalls conf.?....hmm...stanford, wsu, oregon st, arizona?....HELL thats almost HALF of your conf....sooo add those teams to the powder puff scrub non-conf. games oregon, and usc play.....that adds up to play a whole YEAR of **** football
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:30 AM
Launching!

first im not a UT fan...and usc played one of our low teams....so yea i guess that is a little screwed up....so there 3-1....it wouldnt have matter if auburn had played 9 of the pac10 teams, if they dont play USC it wouldnt even have been a game....NO DEFENSE in the pac10 is gonna stop irons...the boy is just crazy good....LEAK would have lit up anybodys secondary and no team has the d to stick with those recievers....ainge is a pretty good qb with a struggling running game...he would have put up points on any pac10 team....like how he blew out your second team in the conf....and i hope they got there faith back in play PORTLAND ST. ....lsu's safteys would hit USC's WR's and around the 2nd half theyd quit...and if everyone has a bad game...your whole airforce point makes no sense, cause UT could have had a bad game...and still won

yea i agree, we will see more in bowl games.....but dont come back flaming this post when UK is putting up points all over ASU

usc's receivers are the best in the nation! if u cant admit that then you seriouslly just dont have a clue! oh yea after this past weekend your right about usc's D looking like **** hahahaha lol!
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:38 AM
Banned

my man if this is what you want...come to one of the before mention games there VERY heated but MOST of them are over good exp......the "WORLDS LARGEST COCKTAIL PARTY" happens in jacksonville fl. at the end oct....between UGA and UF....its one of the longest running rivalries, and draws BBQs and massive partyn for a whole week....i thank god ive never had to work it, and could go and have fun....we cookout with the UGA fans, then yell and scream at them during the game, and then go out and get drunk with them afterward (were like 13-2 against uga) but there always good games.....if you want a hate game....go to UF/UT, clemson/ USC, or fsu/uf.....theres no love lost in those games
If I could get the time I'd be at the Cocktail party. That just sounds like great fun in the spirit of what it should be. I'm still part of that ex-hippe generation that grew up in the 70's. I just see things differently now, more global. So I've lost my appreciation for the hate and just like the party now.

And ya I'm full of **** as well I have my moments where I digress but I'm trying man, trying real hard.
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:38 AM
TECH Senior Member

nebraska....WHOOAAAA, neb. isnt near where it use to be....u have one wr....ONE....florida has 6....6 blue chip guys who WOULD start anywhere and they do start now....man your to hyped up on USC....i mean i could be all over auburn, but im not...ehh im done arguin with you....people on here see my point, I KNOW all the SEC guys do....ive seen your arguement and it doesnt really hold up....so if anyone else has anything else thats cool
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:39 AM
Launching!

you just dont make sense anymore.....

i named like 6 of the games earlier that 3 of your teams played, ranging from n.arizona, to portland state, to neveda....and...how many teams are at the bottom of yalls conf.?....hmm...stanford, wsu, oregon st, arizona?....HELL thats almost HALF of your conf....sooo add those teams to the powder puff scrub non-conf. games oregon, and usc play.....that adds up to play a whole YEAR of **** football
you really have no clue do you! yes u have the hardest schedule in the world lol! Damn mississippi state, arkansas, buffalo, south carolina, tulane, mississippi, arkansas state and alabama are all top notch teams auburn has to face! its a joke, now thats like what 2/3 of the season right there!
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:39 AM
On The Tree

usc's receivers are the best in the nation! if u cant admit that then you seriouslly just dont have a clue! oh yea after this past weekend your right about usc's D looking like **** hahahaha lol!
Alot of good recieving cores in the country..I don't know if USC is the best.

Florida, LSU, Ohio St I would even say Michigan after this past week with Manninghams coming out party...he compliments Breaston really well! **** Louisville, WVU theres so much parody in NCAA it's what makes it awesome. The Pac-10 will never be a defensive conference it's all about offense in the Pac-10. SEC is down and dirty hardnose football. I'm biased for the SEC and Big 10 because pounding it on the ground for four quarters is the greatest thing to watch.

I picked Louisville and WVU to really step up this year....Louisville has had some devistating injuries but their depth is sick! Anyone think the Big East will actually do something this year?
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:42 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by 99blancoSS
If I could get the time I'd be at the Cocktail party. That just sounds like great fun in the spirit of what it should be. I'm still part of that ex-hippe generation that grew up in the 70's. I just see things differently now, more global. So I've lost my appreciation for the hate and just like the party now.

And ya I'm full of **** as well I have my moments where I digress but I'm trying man, trying real hard.
man cmon ya gotta make time for that.....its a WEEK long....at least for the BBQ gooood god, its like uve died and gone to heaven....if you cant make it, just sit back and watch it on tv....you might get like a smalllll idea of what its about....but think of several square miles of rv's and games....just go on ebay now and see how much the tickets are going for....and the games like over a month away
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:42 AM
Launching!

nebraska....WHOOAAAA, neb. isnt near where it use to be....u have one wr....ONE....florida has 6....6 blue chip guys who WOULD start anywhere and they do start now....man your to hyped up on USC....i mean i could be all over auburn, but im not...ehh im done arguin with you....people on here see my point, I KNOW all the SEC guys do....ive seen your arguement and it doesnt really hold up....so if anyone else has anything else thats cool

Man i dont know what to say lol!
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:46 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by dseto
Florida, LSU, Ohio St I would even say Michigan after this past week with Manninghams coming out party...he compliments Breaston really well! **** Louisville, WVU theres so much parody in NCAA it's what makes it awesome. The Pac-10 will never be a defensive conference it's all about offense in the Pac-10. SEC is down and dirty hardnose football. I'm biased for the SEC and Big 10 because pounding it on the ground for four quarters is the greatest thing to watch.

I picked Louisville and WVU to really step up this year....Louisville has had some devistating injuries but their depth is sick! Anyone think the Big East will actually do something this year?
yes but none with speed and size of sc's! Just read what callohan(i think thats how u spell it) said about dawyne jarret! I think it was "hes a monster are corners tried everything they could but he was unstoppable! Every expert has him as the best receiver in the nation so brings some facts before u try and argue that one!
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:47 AM
Launching!

oh yea daryl u going to the hat tonight i might roll!
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:48 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by dseto

i like wvu and lu....but i really wish they were in another conf. to....they have good talent, but its hard to give them the respect to, when they are blowing out USF, UCONN, RUTGERS, etc etc....but yea i think theyre pretty good teams.....LSU has good WR's but there secondary takes the cake...they lay the hat to anyone....lol when teams play osu there to scared about the qb running so their WR get open alot ....in the florida forum we had a big to do about UT being able to cover the UF wr....after the game it was decisive...honestly they have 4 seniors, and 2 FRESHMEN....who are lighting it up....and like you said, its about grounding it out in these conf.....when a pac10 team can hold a top 15 team to ......-11 yards rushing.....then someone can come talk to me
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:49 AM
TECH Regular

I named like 6 of the games earlier that 3 of your teams played, ranging from n.arizona, to portland state, to neveda....and...how many teams are at the bottom of yalls conf.?....hmm...stanford, wsu, oregon st, arizona?....HELL thats almost HALF of your conf....sooo add those teams to the powder puff scrub non-conf. games oregon, and usc play.....
I believe I said bottom half didn't I???
So UL Monroe is suddenly a good team. Arkansas is a joke. Did you seriously say that Kentucky is going to play ASU in a bowl game? Kentucky will be LUCKY to even smell a bowl game let alone one against ASU.

I didn't say Auburn wasn't a NT contender nor did I say that LSU wasn't. They both have a legitimate chance of going to that game. So do USC, Oregon, and ASU. They all play each other so if one goes undefeated they most likely will play for the NT or they should...

USC does have the best receivers in the nation.

We are not the ones knocking your conference. You came into our section and began knocking our teams so we are obviously going to fight back. I have never once said anything bad about the upper half of your division. I respect the SEC and the ACC. Somebody here earlier mentioned that Conference USA is a better division then the Pac-10.

your whole airforce point makes no sense, cause UT could have had a bad game...and still won
Why not? Cal was in a hostile environment playing a good opponent when they had there bad game. Whereas Tennessee was at home playing a Service Academy (that I was 2lbs overweight for my height to go to) with 260lb lineman. If they kick an extra point you go to overtime. Instead Fischer DeBerry decided to take the chance and win the game and came up short.
Old 09-19-2006 | 11:51 AM
On The Tree

yes but none with speed and size of sc's! Just read what callohan(i think thats how u spell it) said about dawyne jarret! I think it was "hes a monster are corners tried everything they could but he was unstoppable! Every expert has him as the best receiver in the nation so brings some facts before u try and argue that one!
That's one reciever. GT has Calvin Johnson. So does Texas with SNeed...he's the scariest ****** i've seen this year. Courtney Rice for South Carolina is a mean motha as well...Florida's Caldwell is impressive...we just don't hear about them because they don't get the "exposure" here on the West Coast. Like I said there's always someone better than the other person..because in college football nothing is ever a given

Quick Reply: PAC-10 Football