Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Fresno, I need a good lawyer.

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2006, 10:28 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fresno, I need a good lawyer.

Does anybody know of a good reputable lawyer in the Fresno County area for criminal defense. Or of a lawyer that has won or dealt with cases of evading a police officer and reckless driving. Any help is apprecaited.

Im from the Kern County area and ended up in Fresno, cops showed up everyone ran, Cop was behind me so I passed up the car in front of me, the cop came after me with his light's on, so after driving for about 5 miles on a road I was totaly unfamiliar with I came to a stop. I thought the cop was trying to scare everyone off, but that doesn't happen so at the after the stop sign I pull over. Two cops in the CHP car yelling put your hands out, and he has me at gun point and says yeah it's GUN and you know what comes next, at this point I'm scared out mind, not know whats going to happen. So they check my record and a ticket for exhibtion of speed comes up and I have a warrant for it, I missed the court dat on it. Crazy thing I didn't even know, I was in a Kern County court house a week ago taking car of a fix it ticket and I wasnt told anything about this and it was due the week before.
So Im in jail and being charged with a felony for evaiding a officer reckless driving $50,000.00, block road speed contest $2500.00, and exhibtion of speed $700.00. plus my $2500.00 warrant in Kern. Im getting a bunk in jail wondering why the hell im inside, I didn't hurt anybody, I wasn't trying to run away from the CHP. I got out on bail, and now I can't stop thinking about going back to jail. So I need to find a good lawyer to stay out of jail. As for my car it got towed away, I had a nitrous bottle in the back seat with 2 pounds wasn't wired up or anything. I thought the car was going to be crushed (I heard they do that in Fresno County), my brother called in and they said they have a 30day hold, I really don't give 2shit$ about the car now they can crush if they want, I just dont want to go to jail.

Thanks in advance
Old 11-27-2006, 11:40 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Dam, sorry to hear it. I dont know any good lawyers but it sounds like you could fight the the felony evasion and get it dropped. The reckless and speed contest can be reduced but your origional warrant will stand as well as the hefty charge to get your car back after 30 day hold. Im not sure what the charge is per day but i had a friend who had his car in long beach impound over the weekend and it cost him $1500 to get it out. Good luck to you, it dosent look like you will see jail time though. Just remember that the state, county, local jails are full and most of the time and here in los angeles county if you have a nonviolent crime like yours is its likely that they will just release you on or.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:40 AM
On The Tree

During the 5 miles of chasing I was doing a max of 85MPH average of 78MPH. I saw the lights but I thought they were trying to scare me off that's why I didn't pull over. But as soon as I realized that wasn't the case, when I came to a stop sign and herd the siren's I pulled over immediatley.

I'll be honest I don't want to go to jail. That day in jail changed the way I see things now. It's $30.0 a day and $119.00 for the towing. I think im going to sell the car regardless of what happen's.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:42 AM
TECH Veteran

try troy mc clure.

that sucks about what happened.
Old 11-28-2006, 12:50 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
try troy mc clure.

that sucks about what happened.
Is he in Fresno, any experince with him?
Old 11-28-2006, 02:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

That is a joke. He's a character on the Simpsons. If you're being honest about a cop chasing you with lights on and interpreting it as him scaring you off ... I don't know how you got issued a license.
Old 11-28-2006, 05:02 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
That is a joke. He's a character on the Simpsons. If you're being honest about a cop chasing you with lights on and interpreting it as him scaring you off ... I don't know how you got issued a license.
I agree, lights behind you, why didn't it occur to you to pull over, when a cop is driving with his lights flashing, go the speed limit, move to the slow lane, and if he doesn't go around, well then pull over. I am not trying to give ya a hard time but your actions justiify the consequences, i do hope things work out for ya though.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And for ****'s sake erase your post about you going over the speed limit while there was a cop chasing you!!!!
Old 11-28-2006, 11:36 AM
TECH Regular

well i know what you mean about thinking cops were just trying to scar you off. Usually at the races if they want to pull you over they do it over the loud speaker or they pull in front of you. That's why i have a rule at the races. i am never the first one to leave, or the last. less chance of getting pulled over, and if you get blocked in your screwed either way.
Old 11-28-2006, 01:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

i have a better rule, if you weren't liined up or racing don't run worst you can get is a spectating ticket, poddibly a trip to the ref, i rather pay 75-150 bucks for watching than evading. arrest, speeding, or any other bs charge they want to tack on.

Good luck dude!
Old 11-28-2006, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SmokeySS
I agree... hope things work out for the best for you
Old 11-29-2006, 03:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by gmpower
Does anybody know of a good reputable lawyer in the Fresno County area for criminal defense. Or of a lawyer that has won or dealt with cases of evading a police officer and reckless driving. Any help is apprecaited.

Im from the Kern County area and ended up in Fresno, cops showed up everyone ran, Cop was behind me so I passed up the car in front of me, the cop came after me with his light's on, so after driving for about 5 miles on a road I was totaly unfamiliar with I came to a stop. I thought the cop was trying to scare everyone off, but that doesn't happen so at the after the stop sign I pull over. Two cops in the CHP car yelling put your hands out, and he has me at gun point and says yeah it's GUN and you know what comes next, at this point I'm scared out mind, not know whats going to happen. So they check my record and a ticket for exhibtion of speed comes up and I have a warrant for it, I missed the court dat on it. Crazy thing I didn't even know, I was in a Kern County court house a week ago taking car of a fix it ticket and I wasnt told anything about this and it was due the week before.
So Im in jail and being charged with a felony for evaiding a officer reckless driving $50,000.00, block road speed contest $2500.00, and exhibtion of speed $700.00. plus my $2500.00 warrant in Kern. Im getting a bunk in jail wondering why the hell im inside, I didn't hurt anybody, I wasn't trying to run away from the CHP. I got out on bail, and now I can't stop thinking about going back to jail. So I need to find a good lawyer to stay out of jail. As for my car it got towed away, I had a nitrous bottle in the back seat with 2 pounds wasn't wired up or anything. I thought the car was going to be crushed (I heard they do that in Fresno County), my brother called in and they said they have a 30day hold, I really don't give 2shit$ about the car now they can crush if they want, I just dont want to go to jail.

Thanks in advance
It sounds like they have a fairly strong case against you.

In order of priority, the evading charge is the one I would be most concerned with. You need to get that charge dropped or dismissed. If you have the money, contact a large firm in the L.A. area that have lawyers specially trained in criminal defense. This option may be limited if you do not have the funds to retain elite councel. Due to the felony charge you will be assigned a Public Defender.

In regards to the warrant, the best way to get the fail to appear charge dismissed without incedent is if you were either in Jail, a hospital, or on some type of military assignment. Do not accept any deal that does not at least drop the evasion charge.

I was not there so I am not going to speculate based on the story you wrote. A lawyer is going to have to study all the evidence to see if you satisfied all the elements of each individual charge and advise you appropriately.

While the nitrous doesn't help you circumstancially, you would not be in violation of the law if was in fact not connected.
Old 11-29-2006, 08:42 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gmpower

Thanks in advance
were you out there with a red mustang around a 1990 on the bottle also?If so he got the same thing and thats my old car lol...small world...