Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

parents are moving to Colorado, I will eventually...tell me about it..

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2007, 09:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question parents are moving to Colorado, I will eventually...tell me about it..

hey yall,

my mom and dad just bought a house in Parker. I guess its about 30 mins south of Denver?.?.?

They'll be going out there end of the year I guess, and I plan on leaving Florida after I get my degree to start a business out there as well...(dont worry the house in Florida will remain ours haha)

Tell me a lil bit about it...

I also want to know about the emissions laws there (florida has NONE, its pretty nice) and where all the tracks are within an hour or closer of Parker in any direction...

I look forward to it, i think its a very nice place, cant wait to do a lil canyon carv'n!

erik
Old 02-15-2007, 09:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No emisions laws in Colorado either. They in the process of making some though. Its a nice place. Hope you have a winter car.
Old 02-16-2007, 07:58 AM
TECH Addict

cool man, thanks...glad to be part of your first post
you're not the only 6 on here either so you're cool...

anyone else? Where are the tracks?

Yes I have a pick up truck for the winter months
Old 02-16-2007, 11:34 AM
12 Second Club

It's COLD. It snows alot. Did I say that it gets COLD? I ******* HATED living in the snow! There are only 3 months in the year of decent weather. Did I mentioned it SNOWS - ALOT?

Sorry for the rant. I am originally from Los Angeles (didn't see it snow till I was 12) and spent 3 winters in Colorado Springs while stationed at Fort Carson.

Did I mentioned it gets ******* COLD and has been known to SNOW up to 3 feet overnight? AFAIC you're welcome to the whole state!

BTW: Hope you like racing 1 mile high at Bandimere (sp?). Pueblo's track isn't much lower either. These are 2 tracks (that I remember) that are within roughly 1 hour (more or less) of your location.
Old 02-16-2007, 11:52 AM
Teching In

Bandimere Speedway is the closest track. You will need some sort of a 4 wheel drive for winter and other rec. activitys. Your car will be much slower due to the altitude but all and all it is a great state. Moutians and wonderous
Old 02-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Banned

silver98formula and reedbooth are from colorado, they only came to az for UTI. you should talk to them.
Old 02-16-2007, 12:23 PM
Teching In

and also not very many speedshops here either
Old 02-16-2007, 12:59 PM
11 Second Club

Bandimere Speedway is the track that I went to. I lived about an hour north of you in Ft. Collins. The summer months are very nice, winter is cold and snowey. Nice place but I will be staying in AZ when I'm done with school.

Chris
Old 02-16-2007, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Too ******* cold to go back there. Track is nice, but everything else is pretty wack. The cops are tight around our area, and the whole snow thing BLOWS when you can't drive your car from September to May.

Although, we had clean air and unbelievable drinking water, along with lakes. :
Old 02-17-2007, 07:22 AM
TECH Addict

hahah yeah i heard about the snow...DAM...well good thing is we will keep our home in South Fla...so Ill keep the car there!

...and yes i hate the fact that im a mile high...but what can you do haha, my car may run slower but ill have more red blood cells to boot!!

Thanks
Old 02-17-2007, 11:26 AM
Banned

alot of snow, and wear a bullit proof jacket to school...
Old 02-17-2007, 11:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by kdogc5
alot of snow, and wear a bullit proof jacket to school...
Damn dog. Thats harsh.
Old 02-18-2007, 12:48 AM
10 Second Club

I'll be getting to Ft Carson mid April, bringing my H/C LT1 on BFG drag radials... should be an easy drive? lol buying a truck as soon as I arrive...
Old 02-18-2007, 08:24 PM
On The Tree

i'm from chicago and this place is not that cold been here over 2 yrs now it's an awesome state. i'm down in the springs if you go south of here a little bit there is a track in pueblo
which has friday night drags in the summer. Alot of people in the area goes there.
Old 02-18-2007, 10:03 PM
Staging Lane

First of all the part about Colorado having no emissions is NOT true. Most of the front range of Colorado has emissions and with you living in Parker will be no exception. Unless you can register your car somewhere else for example if you knew someone living in eastern Colorado you would then be in the clear. As far as the city of Parker goes your parents picked a really nice place to live. The city used to be really rural just a little as 10 years ago or so but as of late with suburban sprawl and all the town has become pretty big now and a choice destination for many now. Your dragstrip would be Bandimere Speedway about a 25-35min drive from Parker and yes like others have mentioned say goodbye to your previous 1/4times. When it comes to weather, this winter were having right now has been some of the worst i have seen in my 15 years of living here now. It has been so damn cold and were on track for breaking a record for most consecutive days with snow of the ground ever in the state of Colorado. However with that all said the winters are usually not too bad around here and instead its the mountains which usually catch the power of the winter storms. You may wanna invest in a daily driver car for the winter or even do what my lil' sister did with her F-body and put on a set rear snow tires which has got her around the city the last couple of months. Other than that welcome to Colorado, im sure you will find out its a beautiful state with beautifil women and many other things to do. I only live about 10mins from Parker so look me up when you get here.
Old 02-18-2007, 11:42 PM
TECH Resident

Well I was going to correct a lot of things said earlier but SSucese took care of that. Colorado is a really nice place to live IMO. Even after living here for 21 years I still haven't got sick of it.
Old 02-19-2007, 11:28 AM
TECH Addict

hey guys thats sweet thanks! I played hockey in CO against the University of Co Boulder a gfew times...and winters weren't bad IMO...i liked it actually haha
SSucese- thanks a lot for the 411, I appreciate the detailed info...I am going there with my parents in May just to start buying furniture and what not...ill contact you when I am there. Glad to hear we have a track nearby as well! I am staying in South FLa for the next few years, but will be a frequent visitor there once they move...I may then move out to CO after college...

Cool

Thanks guys!

Quick Reply: parents are moving to Colorado, I will eventually...tell me about it..