Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Stay away from Parkway GMC/Pontiac/Buick in Valencia..

Search this Thread

Old 05-17-2007, 09:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stay away from Parkway GMC/Pontiac/Buick in Valencia..

Just a heads up to anyone who may go there for service work...took my gto in as the rear main seal was sweating a bit of oil, and i was slightly down on oil every oil change. They replaced the rear engine cover seal and the rear main seal. Get the car back after it spends 2 days there. Its leaking way worse than before, 50 cent piece size drops on the ground.

Then the tech lifted the car to high and hit the spoiler on the garage bay door and put a nice big scratch in it. So a word of caution, stay away.
Old 05-17-2007, 10:14 PM
TECH Resident

From personal experience, Id stay away from the chevy dealership that is on the corner of the same street. Took my car in for a transmission rattle, they put 45 miles on my car WTF? You know how long it would take to put 45 miles on a car in a city like SCV?
Old 05-17-2007, 10:27 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Jimmard
From personal experience, Id stay away from the chevy dealership that is on the corner of the same street. Took my car in for a transmission rattle, they put 45 miles on my car WTF? You know how long it would take to put 45 miles on a car in a city like SCV?

haha, reminds me of that movie ferris buelers day off, when the valet guy takes the ferrari
Old 05-17-2007, 10:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good Looking Out Guys, And I've Never Seen You Guys Drive Around? Well I Live In Canyon Country, So Im Mostly There....
Old 05-17-2007, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by TRANS(AM
haha, reminds me of that movie ferris buelers day off, when the valet guy takes the ferrari
I know, I can only imagine what they did to my car, and I know they beat the **** out of it because before I fixed the clutch, when you would beat on the car, the clutch pedal would get all mushy. Well, I get in the car to pick it up and the clutch pedal was more mushy than it had ever been in the past after beating on it.
Old 05-17-2007, 11:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would take forever to put down 45 miles in that town. There are too many stop lights to be able to cover 45 miles in one day. Traffic around there stinks.

I wondered about the Pontiac dealer. I went in there last year to order an interior part. The guy taking the order was really flakey, and never called to let me know the part was in. I have to say he was nice, just a flake. Also, I stop in before 8 AM, and I have to wait for 10 minutes for someone to come to the parts window. There are people working there and running around, but no one will take care of a customer at the window.
Old 05-18-2007, 02:11 AM
TECH Resident

That whole experience convinced me that either:

A. I will never have a dealer work on my car again.
B. I will be riding shotgun if a dealer ever drives any of my cars ever again.
Old 05-18-2007, 08:46 PM
On The Tree

Yeah after this, ill never take it to another dealer. My warranty will be up in october anyways.

The stupid tech was definitely beating on mine, my mileage computer showed it down to like 10 mpg, my radio was messed w/. Notes on the invoice said "test drove for 5 miles to make sure it runs ok" ****** had to have gone on a joy ride.

Dealer is trying to force me to use their crappy body shop as well. Have to take it back on monday to try and fix the leak again.

what a week.....
Old 05-18-2007, 08:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hey bud sorry to hear about the experience there, THEY USE to be a good shop, that's were i got most of my work done for little or no charge (did it under warranty) but i know another guy that use to work there and now has his own shop.

Quick Reply: Stay away from Parkway GMC/Pontiac/Buick in Valencia..