Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Nordy's "Quick spin" - literally...

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2007, 11:19 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Nordy's "Quick spin" - literally...

I gotta do some braggin’ on Nordy here. I finally got to go for a ride in the GN. That thing is scary fast. I still got the shakes!! Just before he loaded her up for the day, we went for a quick jaunt around the block and back. I’ve been in some fast cars before, but certainly never a 9 second Buick. It’s such a difference then a burley V8. That jet sound of the turbo, the exhaust and RPM just sitting at a nice stall as the boost pins your head to the back of the seat. It will take your breath away, no joke. I felt an asthma attach coming on!! Geez. You need to be in perfect health just to be a passenger in that thing. Heheh.

The video doest do the car justice, but still.

If you are ever lucky enough to hang out with this guy beg him for a ride in that beast. It won’t disappoint.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wP0WIf5IyTo

Old 09-25-2007, 11:55 AM
Teching In

thanks man, your making me all red in the face ... Next time, we will have to have someone stand outside to get the drive by and the aftermath of the DR tires at 30psi.. i also have to fix that damn steering wheel, it's out of alinement..
Old 09-25-2007, 12:53 PM
Launching!

Thats what i thought when i saw it in Funtucky. Just never said anything. And that car is not fast. Not compared to the Jet powered Skates im building.
Old 09-25-2007, 01:38 PM
12 Second Club

ya ive seen that gn run many times at famoso it is freaking bad ***....
Old 09-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Teching In

LOL. Ya, he likes to get kicked out of the local tracks. I got one of his Fontana runs. He's trying to run a slower time slip, but accidently running nines.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gjmkt...elated&search=
Old 09-26-2007, 10:56 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by nordy racer
thanks man, your making me all red in the face ... Next time, we will have to have someone stand outside to get the drive by and the aftermath of the DR tires at 30psi.. i also have to fix that damn steering wheel, it's out of alinement..
LOL. We have to put one of my cam's mounted right behind the front tires. That way when you launch, we can watch you pull wheel. We did something similar with Brads GTO only facing backwards toward the rear tires. He did a few burn outs. Video turned out great.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:34 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I kinda felt that by the end of the vid your head was going to find it's way to his lap...

Then the closing song confirmed it.
Old 09-26-2007, 01:42 PM
Teching In

Hahhaah. Jerk.

Old 09-26-2007, 03:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Glad to see you have a sense of humor, just bustin' some *****.

Last edited by BigDaddyBry; 09-26-2007 at 03:32 PM.
Old 09-26-2007, 03:26 PM
TECH Veteran

Great car. One of my all-time favorites. 9 second street car. Wow. I had a Chevy 383 in a black 81 Olds G-Body. No comparison, just saying I love those cars.

Vid was boring as hell, though. By boring, I mean I litterally almost fell asleep. Might want to warn people that there's nothing at all going on in the vid, and it's far from "quick." Do something in the vid next time. Burn out, doughnut, high speed run, go through the drive-up window, make fun of people, something.

Have fun.
Old 09-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sharpe
Great car. One of my all-time favorites. 9 second street car. Wow. I had a Chevy 383 in a black 81 Olds G-Body. No comparison, just saying I love those cars.

Vid was boring as hell, though. By boring, I mean I litterally almost fell asleep. Might want to warn people that there's nothing at all going on in the vid, and it's far from "quick." Do something in the vid next time. Burn out, doughnut, high speed run, go through the drive-up window, make fun of people, something.

Have fun.
do you see owners of low 9 sec or faster cars doing that ****... NOPE.. i have to much money and pride in my car to **** it up like that. hopefully you will have fun making your drive-up window videos...
Old 09-26-2007, 08:42 PM
12 Second Club

I saw some guy with a 7 second mustang go through BK or mcdonalds i don't remember. Pretty funny though.
Old 09-27-2007, 12:59 AM
TECH Veteran

do you see owners of low 9 sec or faster cars doing that ****... NOPE.. i have to much money and pride in my car to **** it up like that. hopefully you will have fun making your drive-up window videos...
Awww... did i make you cry? poor baby.

By the way, the answer to your question is "YEP." Some of my fave are turbo F-bods killing exotics. Unfortunately, a lot of them are imports.

Learn to take a little constructive critisim and not be such a cry baby.

-Sharpe out.
Old 09-27-2007, 02:04 AM
TECH Fanatic

By the way, the answer to your question is "YEP." Some of my fave are turbo F-bods killing exotics. Unfortunately, a lot of them are imports.

-Sharpe out.
theres plenty of people who spend mommy and daddys money to mod their cars and of course theyll go and screw around doing donuts in parking lots and stupdi stuff...this car in the video is a true race car. its trailered to shows and the track, and is rarely seen driven on the streets. That is why this video is cool...i guess its not for those who bore easily.

on another note...it was fun taking it to IN-N-OUT and having people come up to you and ask about it. weve gotta do that more often.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:12 AM
Teching In

LOL. Its all good BigDaddyBry. I know your style and expect nothing less, Heheh.

Damn Sharpe. I think you may have missed the pun. The first words you hear seconds in the video are Nordy saying we are going for a “Quick Spin”. LOL. Hence the “Quick Spin” title. Slow eh?

Perhaps you missed my post above with Nordy’s video at Fontana? https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....36&postcount=5

Its closer to my normal stuff. Multi-angle, multy camera, sound track, editing, etc. After that video, click on “ILMODC” on the far right and you will see some more of my stuff.

Like I mentioned earlier, this does not do Nordy nor the car justice. It was not planned out and was at a moments notice. I really look forward to seeing some of your videos where you used your video equipment, your cars, and your editing skills. Lets see what you got.

Like Tom Lykis says: I’m waiting.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:13 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fast01z28
....on another note...it was fun taking it to IN-N-OUT and having people come up to you and ask about it. weve gotta do that more often.
LOL. Take it thru a Jiffy Lube and watch the kids crap their pants.
Old 09-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Teching In

-Sharpe out.
i'm a cry baby, Hopefully one day you will grow up and build a quick car and stop living behind a keyboard WISHING you owned one.. And no, i don't want to hear about you knowing a friend of a friends fast car that would beat me..
Old 09-27-2007, 10:45 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ILMODC
LOL. Take it thru a Jiffy Lube and watch the kids crap their pants.
when it was a DD and running 11's i did usethem to change the oil.. i had a friend that worked at one near my house that would let me use his pit.. it was pretty funny watching them not wanting to touch it..
Old 09-27-2007, 10:47 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by fast01z28
on another note...it was fun taking it to IN-N-OUT and having people come up to you and ask about it. weve gotta do that more often.
i guess we have to remember the camera next time, so that people will think it's a more interesting video...
Old 09-27-2007, 11:39 AM
Launching!

i guess we have to remember the camera next time, so that people will think it's a more interesting video...

Nordy lets leave the kiddies alone man. I have come to a conclusion that morons behind a keyboard that type about **** they dont know, just proves that the internet is full of retards that wish they had a car that can go down the track.

Quick Reply: Nordy's "Quick spin" - literally...