Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

pro charged c6 vette getting its shit pushed in.

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2007, 09:39 PM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryne @ CMS
nice kill!!, but regardless of how you feel about roll racing, that vette probably would have pulled your mustang pretty good from a roll, more power plus better aerodynamics equals kill from a roll.
.....and rolls still = gay
Old 10-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Coy
TECH Fanatic

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Good kill.
Old 10-08-2007, 12:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

about the gayness surrounding dig or roll racing...

i used to think drag racing was gay.
my idea of a real race involves cornering and some endurance.

don't get me wrong, i like shitloads of torque and can respect a good launch, but when i see a high dollar car that's strictly built for 1/8th or 1/4 mile track, there's something about it that is just as disgusting as watching a priest taking care of business with a small boy.

i could dump $100k into my car and shoot for single digit 1/4 mile times, but i'd never run with skinnies or remove my front sway bar.

to me, skinnies = flaming

but to each his own
Old 10-08-2007, 12:27 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BobDoLe

don't get me wrong, i like shitloads of torque and can respect a good launch, but when i see a high dollar car that's strictly built for 1/8th or 1/4 mile track, there's something about it that is just as disgusting as watching a priest taking care of business with a small boy.

i could dump $100k into my car and shoot for single digit 1/4 mile times, but i'd never run with skinnies or remove my front sway bar.

but to each his own
well elky has about maybe $5000 or less in his car now that is impressive..
Old 10-08-2007, 03:16 AM
11 Second Club

560RWHP and On a Stalled C6 Vette? there is just not enough info here.
Old 10-08-2007, 04:43 AM
12 Second Club

here you go..
http://youtube.com/watch?v=jVYqm83Vb...elated&search=

http://youtube.com/user/onemks
Old 10-08-2007, 11:50 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 93redBIRDman
lol nice kill. Racing from a stop is definitely where the skill is at, but roll racing can be fun just to see which car is actually "faster." But then again, if you can't get off the line, you can't have a "fast" car...
I did give him a roll at the end of the night,he pulled a car on me from 30 to 120 ish but i was running out of bottle(5th pass on the bottle).No excuses as he should walk me from a roll.But again roll racing is ******* point less and stupid proves nothing about the overall car and how it is setup.So again **** roll racing.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:54 AM
Launching!

but to each his own
I have 3500 dollars in the mustang bro.I drive it everywhere it rocks the stock 1989 chp short block.Car is 100% street driven street trim with a/c heater sway bars caster camber kit lowered sport pro springs big brakes and full wieght.So you can throw your argument out the window that this is a full on drag car.I one of those also that would stick it so deep to that vette all motor is wouldnt even be funny.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:56 AM
Launching!

O and the skinny comment.It sucks driving on 17x10 sticky front tires with bas ply 28x10 slicks,its actually a real pain in the ***.So thats why it gets the skinny.And to me it looks good.
Old 10-08-2007, 08:21 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by elky489
I did give him a roll at the end of the night,he pulled a car on me from 30 to 120 ish but i was running out of bottle(5th pass on the bottle).No excuses as he should walk me from a roll.But again roll racing is ******* point less and stupid proves nothing about the overall car and how it is setup.So again **** roll racing.
i have to disagree on roll racing not proving anything about a car. dont get me wrong i am a drag racer as well, but i also road race and roll race, i like racing as a whole, and can respect any kind of car. i feel roll racing shows a lot about a car. for example the corvette you raced. its better then your car from a roll. it does prove something to you, it proves that this car is more aerodynamic, is making more power and most likely more torque then your car. the vette most is obviously going to walk away from you at speeds 130+ and be much more stable while doing it. lets not even consider what the race would be like if you guys threw some corners into the race. so what i am trying to say is this your car proves that is a superior platform for drag racing, it is able to put the power to the ground effectively. versus the vette proves it has more overall power,better aerodynamics, and much more stable at high speeds. just two different animals.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1mastermind
well elky has about maybe $5000 or less in his car now that is impressive..
agreed. don't get me wrong, fast low budget fox bodies put bigger smiles on my face than fast high budget fbodies

I have 3500 dollars in the mustang bro.I drive it everywhere it rocks the stock 1989 chp short block.Car is 100% street driven street trim with a/c heater sway bars caster camber kit lowered sport pro springs big brakes and full wieght.So you can throw your argument out the window that this is a full on drag car.I one of those also that would stick it so deep to that vette all motor is wouldnt even be funny.
that's what i like to hear...
but keep in mind i was not calling you out or suggesting that you have a gay drag car - i was just stating that i think it sucks to see cars developed strictly for drag racing on the track, which might conflict with other opinions on this forum.

to muddy my statement a little more...
my buddy just traded in his 89 fox body (was lowered with agx shocks, all the bolt-ons) for a 64 el camino with a 454, th400, 9" rear, 4.56 gears on et streets. i miss the fox body, but the el camino has some serious pull. you can't get that kind of neck snapping action planted without a few drag-specific mods and i have nothing but respect for that.
it's going to suck to lose the 4.56 gears, slicks and change up the suspension.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:31 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i have to disagree on roll racing not proving anything about a car. dont get me wrong i am a drag racer as well, but i also road race and roll race, i like racing as a whole, and can respect any kind of car. i feel roll racing shows a lot about a car. for example the corvette you raced. its better then your car from a roll. it does prove something to you, it proves that this car is more aerodynamic, is making more power and most likely more torque then your car. the vette most is obviously going to walk away from you at speeds 130+ and be much more stable while doing it. lets not even consider what the race would be like if you guys threw some corners into the race. so what i am trying to say is this your car proves that is a superior platform for drag racing, it is able to put the power to the ground effectively. versus the vette proves it has more overall power,better aerodynamics, and much more stable at high speeds. just two different animals.
ya that is a good point but in this race he still lost. props to both cars
Old 10-08-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Roll racing is for wussies, real men do it in the 1/4 mile. Nice vids, and congrats on the kill, your stang 60ftd like a champ.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:04 PM
Launching!

again roll racing proves nothing a dyno and a wieght sheet cant do.He beat me from a roll cause his car makes well over 100more whp.Thats what makes drag racing fun for me cause i can gamble that my car will work better cause i took the time to think out a combo rather then just throw parts at something and hope for the best.
Old 10-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Launching!

agreed. don't get me wrong, fast low budget fox bodies put bigger smiles on my face than fast high budget fbodies

that's what i like to hear...
but keep in mind i was not calling you out or suggesting that you have a gay drag car - i was just stating that i think it sucks to see cars developed strictly for drag racing on the track, which might conflict with other opinions on this forum.

to muddy my statement a little more...
my buddy just traded in his 89 fox body (was lowered with agx shocks, all the bolt-ons) for a 64 el camino with a 454, th400, 9" rear, 4.56 gears on et streets. i miss the fox body, but the el camino has some serious pull. you can't get that kind of neck snapping action planted without a few drag-specific mods and i have nothing but respect for that.
it's going to suck to lose the 4.56 gears, slicks and change up the suspension.
I have a 65 el camino with a 489 big block power glide and a BIG KIT.CAr has gone 9.4x at 147 in full daily driven street trim.its a 10 to 1 all iron big block with a big plate.Its not a pure drag car but it wont win any road corses thats for sure.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:00 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

again roll racing proves nothing a dyno and a wieght sheet cant do.He beat me from a roll cause his car makes well over 100more whp.Thats what makes drag racing fun for me cause i can gamble that my car will work better cause i took the time to think out a combo rather then just throw parts at something and hope for the best.
you see he did prove something, he has more power then you. and your right its not a well sorted out combo for drag racing. but it is a well sorted out car for high speed driving and cornering. even it is sorted out that way from the factory. dont take what i am saying the wrong way a kill is a kill, i give all the props to you. i just diagreed on some of your points.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:47 AM
Launching!

that roll racing is boring and pointless.Yup you win.If i wanted to roll race him i could in my 1965 truck and i could pull him all motor pretty easy.But again means nothing to me.
Old 10-10-2007, 01:18 AM
9 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

that roll racing is boring and pointless.Yup you win.If i wanted to roll race him i could in my 1965 truck and i could pull him all motor pretty easy.But again means nothing to me.
.....and nothing a dyno sheet and scale receipt doesn't prove.
Old 10-13-2007, 01:54 AM
Launching!

roll racing=gayness & rice

aerodynamic who gives a ****

beating a well over 80 thousand dollar car with a old 89 mustang with around 3 thousand dollars into it...... priceless

ill drink to that kill
Old 10-13-2007, 03:52 AM
Staging Lane

If you guys were seeing who can stall the race and do better burnouts then you have competition. That video was pretty horrible...