Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Lets hear your favorite Mustang Story

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 05:04 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

k anyway back with the mustang story

Before my camaro i had an lt1 ta almost all stock but ran like a beast well i was at the track and some guy in a yellow saleen 94-98 thought his car was the **** telling people it was supercharged and it wasnt so i told him i would run him put it on him pretty good then he starts talking **** about how my car is not stock and it has to have gears cause he never had a lt1 rap him off the line like that "driver mod" i told him it didnt then he says well then the person that had it before you did of your a ******* liar just couldnt face the fact a stock lt1 beat his ***

oh and he did a stupid long burn out on his street tires, yeah buddy warm up those those road huggers

Last edited by kw's01z28; 02-05-2008 at 05:16 PM.
Old 02-05-2008, 05:27 PM

Originally Posted by kw's01z28
k anyway back with the mustang story

Before my camaro i had an lt1 ta almost all stock but ran like a beast well i was at the track and some guy in a yellow saleen 94-98 thought his car was the **** telling people it was supercharged and it wasnt so i told him i would run him put it on him pretty good then he starts talking **** about how my car is not stock and it has to have gears cause he never had a lt1 rap him off the line like that "driver mod" i told him it didnt then he says well then the person that had it before you did of your a ******* liar just couldnt face the fact a stock lt1 beat his ***

oh and he did a stupid long burn out on his street tires, yeah buddy warm up those those road huggers

was i not there for that one? All mustang stories are funny. hell it's even worse when a 83 F250 crew cab with an 8 foot bed gives you compettion! and the guy had a monster tach light on his dash LOL. bad thing is he kept up with the truck poor little guy.

I'm sorry but mustang owners are funny, especially the ones here in El Paso all the 6 bangers are amde to look like 8's *shakes head*
Old 02-05-2008, 08:32 PM
TECH Regular

I think over these discussions about kill stories and guys with silly cars (and I don't mean the cool kind) that I have come to a big conclusion. It is not just Mustang, import, f-body, dodge, or any other kind of owner that is funny, but when a jackass thinks he is the s**t, and someone eats him alive. What is even better is when somebody wins even when they are totally out-classed. A good example I would LOVE to see, is a stock 6 cyl eclipse beat a 5000GT Mustang. Or a stock mustang GT beat a c6z06 Vette, or anything like that. You insert what and how badly they are out classed. I love to see people eat s**t when they are stupid. I think I will always be a die hard f-body guy, but when those Marines in a nice built up ls1 ss camaro say that they don't get arrested in Oceanside, CA for street racing because they are "Marines, and the cops understand that." I am still going to laugh at them and call them *** clowns.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

for those of u who didnt read my thread from last week....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/western-members/857193-stupid-mustang-owner-pb.html
Old 02-05-2008, 11:35 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 01SOMSS!
for those of u who didnt read my thread from last week....
https://ls1tech.com/forums/forumdisp...=59&order=desc
https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=857193

there ya go, you meant this link

oh and luis, dont forget that one night back a couple of months ago when we tore apart that mustang GT that thought he had something cool
Old 02-05-2008, 11:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

thanks
Old 02-05-2008, 11:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

One day at work I see there is a guy in the parking lot checking out my car. (I work in a shop with roll up doors). I go see what he's looking at and he tells me nice car. Cool. So then he shows me his 2002 GT. Clean car, nice wheels, white.

Here's the funny part though. He goes "yeah I was looking to buy a Camaro like yours, but I test drove it, and it was just too fast for me. I could see it getting away from me really easily.....so I just got the Mustang instead"

Haha! True story
Old 02-06-2008, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My stories are boring....

1. Pulled out of my local liquor store after talking to a bum, who was a car guy surprisingly (he knew the LS1's displacement, asked if I thought the new C6 ZO6 was too European in appearance, and which one I liked better, the Solstice or the Sky) and he asked one favor (aside from a few bucks): that I lay down some rubber on my way out. I complied in front of Dr. Butchkos on Mission Blvd. and I caught up quickly to a Mustang GT. Long story short, they thought I did it for them, so they didn't want to race, and end of story.

2. Heading out down the 60 E before the 215, I came across this weird sounding Mustang GT. "Weird" meaning either it's muffler was cut off, or it was having some other problem. It was "acting" like it was fast, weaving in/out of traffic. I caught up to it, boxed it in on purpose, and then let it run because I knew it would be easy. I destroyed it up to 110 where I let off. The kicker.... I was in my Durango.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:09 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by GinoLS1
It's always the Mustangs who start revving their engine when they see an F-body

And they never seem to finish what they started
Not always, Once I was in my mustang svo (4 cy turbo) on the 91 freeway, a white ss with blacked out tail lights did a ricer flyby next to me and reved his engine I was like And said to myself "if only i had my Z28" . Anybody know that car? Some mexican with a shaved head and sun glasses was driving it.
Old 02-06-2008, 11:57 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
My stories are boring....

1. Pulled out of my local liquor store after talking to a bum, who was a car guy surprisingly (he knew the LS1's displacement, asked if I thought the new C6 ZO6 was too European in appearance, and which one I liked better, the Solstice or the Sky) and he asked one favor (aside from a few bucks): that I lay down some rubber on my way out. I complied in front of Dr. Butchkos on Mission Blvd. and I caught up quickly to a Mustang GT. Long story short, they thought I did it for them, so they didn't want to race, and end of story.

2. Heading out down the 60 E before the 215, I came across this weird sounding Mustang GT. "Weird" meaning either it's muffler was cut off, or it was having some other problem. It was "acting" like it was fast, weaving in/out of traffic. I caught up to it, boxed it in on purpose, and then let it run because I knew it would be easy. I destroyed it up to 110 where I let off. The kicker.... I was in my Durango.

I will race you in my Mustang VS your Durango. You know all my cars are slow.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:10 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LivingCanvas
One day at work I see there is a guy in the parking lot checking out my car. (I work in a shop with roll up doors). I go see what he's looking at and he tells me nice car. Cool. So then he shows me his 2002 GT. Clean car, nice wheels, white.

Here's the funny part though. He goes "yeah I was looking to buy a Camaro like yours, but I test drove it, and it was just too fast for me. I could see it getting away from me really easily.....so I just got the Mustang instead"

Haha! True story
It is true. Infact back in 1993 I sold cars for a part time job at Riverside Chevrolet and a few times I ran into that. A customer would drive the Z-28 and say it was to fast and either purchase the V-6 or go look at the Mustang.

I guess Ford looks at it as they have enough customers to purchase the Mustang that they dont need to go after every bit of HP. If I recall in 1998,1999,2000,2001 and 2002 there was on average only 25,000 sold a year compared to over 200,000 Mustangs.

Also the 03 Cobra sold 14,000 but the 04 only sold over 7,000 because they where way to fast for most customers.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:17 PM
Launching!

I don't have any Mustang stories. Cept that one where me and Luis(01somss!) DESTROYED this dude in a stock 99-04 Mustang GT who thought he was cool. Passed him like a Geo Metro.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:25 PM
TECH Regular

I don't understand the concept of "that car is TOO FAST for me to own..." I can't believe that.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:26 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by blackhawk_02
I don't have any Mustang stories. Cept that one where me and Luis(01somss!) DESTROYED this dude in a stock 99-04 Mustang GT who thought he was cool. Passed him like a Geo Metro.
The way I look at it, If a Mustang owner is all cocky and thinks his car is the chit, his car stock and is slow. The Mustang owner that stands back is the one to watch for.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:28 PM
Launching!

Oh, I had a guy that wanted to trade my car for a Clone Cobra. Supercharged 2000 GT i think? He was asking $16,500 for it. But I've never dealt with a F/I car, wondering if it would give me any problems.
Old 02-06-2008, 12:28 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
The way I look at it, If a INSERT CAR MODEL HERE owner is all cocky and thinks his car is the chit, his car stock and is slow. The INSERT CAR MODEL HERE owner that stands back is the one to watch for.
Thats pretty much for every kind of car
Old 02-06-2008, 12:30 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
Thats pretty much for every kind of car
Very True
Old 02-06-2008, 12:56 PM
TECH Regular

I was hoping to hear another story of a wrecked mustang or one getting pulled over while the fbody got away scott free.
Old 02-06-2008, 01:22 PM
Staging Lane

I don't post much, but I guess I have one thats totally off the wall.

I was driving around in North Austin (around the Cedar Park area) about 5 years ago, when I see a trailer marked with "Nations Rent" all over it. On the trailer it had a basic regular ole Bobcat (skid steer) on it....763 to be the exact model. Anyway, I was driving along and for the life of me I couldent see what was pulling it. The reason I was interested was because a friend of mine worked at a Nations Rent and I was just curious if it was him or not. Well, I was finally able to get up alongside it and what do you know.....a f-ing early 90's Mustang 5.0 was pulling it. Don't know how, but it was. I'm guessing they had the machine balanced on the trailer just right to where it wasent squashing the suspension on the car, but damn, thats the best laugh I have had in a long time.

Good stories guys,

Joe
Old 02-06-2008, 01:23 PM
Launching!

did you know srt4 isn't blocked out anymore?

Quick Reply: Lets hear your favorite Mustang Story