Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Lets hear your favorite Mustang Story

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2008, 09:48 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lets hear your favorite Mustang Story

ok, now I have to tell my favorite mustang story. I am not big on street racing, heard too many horror stories. I have no problem however running on the track. I am also a Marine so I drive on camp pendleton all the time. My car looks like it should be fast, nice after market rims and a big block hood, even though it is pretty much stock, so she is not very fast (95 LT1), so I don't go out of my way to race.
Well, some dumb *** mustang (I think it was one of those Bullits) kept driving by me almost everyday for a week or two. He kept trying to get me to race him, revving his engine and flashing his lights. Now this out by the back gate by the horse stables, and since it was on base, I was not going to race him. Good way to get the MPs to take you to jail. After a while, I get sick of this guy. Just before we exit the gate, I start reving my engine, hard. It is loud as hell. I flash my lights, and off we go. Only thing was, I knew something he didn't. There was a lot of construction right out side the gate over by those new town homes they are building, and the motorcycle cops hide there. I fly up to a whopping 35MPH and he is going at least 80 in a 55 when he passes two motorcycle cops. The cherries go on, and there is the mustang, off on the shoulder, pissed as hell. I just smile and wave as I pass him.
About a month later, I see the same mustang around the same spot, and rev my engine and flash my lights, but no dice this time. I think he was really butt hurt. Got em coach.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:11 AM
11 Second Club

Every Story That Involes A Mustang Is Funny, Because They End Up Getting A Good Look At The Back Of My Car
Old 02-05-2008, 10:22 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by orangefun
Every Story That Involes A Mustang Is Funny, Because They End Up Getting A Good Look At The Back Of My Car
Great response.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:33 AM
TECH Regular

It's always the Mustangs who start revving their engine when they see an F-body

And they never seem to finish what they started
Old 02-05-2008, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well i was stopped at a light with some firends in his lifted f150 in the inside lane making a left turn and there was a guy in a v6 mustang that kept looking over in the outside lane. (it was raining) When the light turned green we went just normal pace and he tried to keep up with us on the outside lane and got sideways and overcorrected badly (straight twards the curb). by then there was nothing he could and you could literally hear all 4 tires pop and hear the front of his car smash into the retaining wall as his bags went off. Good times
Old 02-05-2008, 10:38 AM
TECH Resident

mustang(not including termi) = ... end of story
Old 02-05-2008, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by whatsgrip?
and i swear the guy was gay too. i thought the guy winked at me no joke.
Old 02-05-2008, 10:49 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 180ls1
and i swear the guy was gay too. i thought the guy winked at me no joke.
Hey OP the thread in street kills section shouldn't of happen..... too many "Blue Bloods" there
Old 02-05-2008, 11:28 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 180ls1
well i was stopped at a light with some firends in his lifted f150 in the inside lane making a left turn and there was a guy in a v6 mustang that kept looking over in the outside lane. (it was raining) When the light turned green we went just normal pace and he tried to keep up with us on the outside lane and got sideways and overcorrected badly (straight twards the curb). by then there was nothing he could and you could literally hear all 4 tires pop and hear the front of his car smash into the retaining wall as his bags went off. Good times
I nearly pissed myself when I read this.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

when i first got my car i was at a red light and a 01 or 02 mustang gt rolled up on me. he asked me what i had done and i said intake/exhaust. i asked him and he said "heads, cam, full exhaust, suspension" and it sounded mean. well light turns green, and i consistently pulled on him all the way up to 125 when it seems that we both let off (he must have been around 100 at that point). i had him by COUNTLESS lengths.

he caught me at the next light and was like WTF dude, i know youve got more done.

he was the every-so-rare respectful ford owner.

whats funny is the next day i got pulled over in that same spot doing 5 mph over the limit. imagine if those cops were there the night before. no more street racing for me.
Old 02-05-2008, 11:59 AM
TECH Resident

well my is this.....
I was coming back from the Hooters meet in Moreno Valley.... a silver GT(dirty as hell) pulls up beside me.... and stays there for like 2 min. slowing down when I slow down speeding up when i do..... so get to 60mph slam it in 2nd get bit sideways(very cold) take it up to 125 or so...... he pulls up about 5min. later at a red light and asks (with a gangsta attitude)what I have under the hood, I politely respond "an engine" he acts all cocky and says the only reason he couldn't catch me up was cuz his ABS was on................the end
Old 02-05-2008, 01:58 PM
11 Second Club

That is uncalled for. I know there is alot of Mustang owners out there that cant drive for **** and think there cars are fast and talk alot of ****. But I also know a few GM owners that are the same way. Both cars can be made fast. Also depends on the driver and if it is a auto or manual trans.

I have owned both Ford and Chevrolet and enjoy building both of them.

To me Imports are the worse and always think they cant be beat. And when they are beat by one of V8 guys they all say the same thing. I am only a 4 banger.

Just my .02 cents
Old 02-05-2008, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

i love the saleen mustangs
Old 02-05-2008, 02:35 PM
On The Tree

i love 03 04 cobras
Old 02-05-2008, 02:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SVTBAIT
i love 03 04 cobras
WHEN THEY ARE IN MY REAR VEIW MIRROR
Old 02-05-2008, 02:56 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8
That is uncalled for. I know there is alot of Mustang owners out there that cant drive for **** and think there cars are fast and talk alot of ****. But I also know a few GM owners that are the same way. Both cars can be made fast. Also depends on the driver and if it is a auto or manual trans.

To me Imports are the worse and always think they cant be beat. And when they are beat by one of V8 guys they all say the same thing. I am only a 4 banger.

Just my .02 cents
ITS CALLED SARCASM!!!!!
Old 02-05-2008, 03:01 PM
TECH Fanatic

he acts all cocky and says the only reason he couldn't catch me up was cuz his ABS was on................the end
Yes, his ABS was on: ABS = All Bullshit Story
Old 02-05-2008, 03:06 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by BigDaddyBry
Yes, his ABS was on: ABS = All Bullshit Story
mine? ............................................ If your a cop.......... then ok
Old 02-05-2008, 03:18 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 1 BLOWN V8

Just my .02 cents
I just want to say the same thing I said on another board earlier... I don't know what it is, there are a lot of idiots in GM AND FORD, but for some reason, the idiot factor goes up with the mustangs. Maybe it is marketing. Read on:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evilways
I think the respect factor of the Cobra over the GT500 ,for me,comes from this: If I see an older Cobra running well , I see a guy, no matter the age, who has put a lot of time and effort into their combos and have worked their asses off for what they have. When I see a GT500, all I see is either a kid that's cracked his Daddy's bank account or some old guy dipping into his retirement to relive the glory days. Coming form a heavily modded 2000 TA, the Cobras were the target to beat, along with the C5ZO6s, so alot of history with those cars as well.

Just want to make it clear, I agree with you Evilways. I have never had a problem with Mustangs, per say. I have just had a problem with the idiots who tend to drive them. Mustangs are easy to bolt on, which is more than I can say about a camaro in some respects. It is just that for some reason, when a lot of people get behind the wheel of a mustang, IQs seems to drop at least 25 points. This is not true all the time, but a lot. And that does not mean F-Bodies are immune to this. I have seen my share of retards with F-Bodies. Just something about Mustangs though...
I do have to say though, the funniest car I have ever seen was a 6.5 second PINTO. I kid you not, the guy had this funny looking blue car at a car show. I said to myself, "what the f**k is that?" I take a closer look, and sure enough, there is a Pinto all modded out and built up, with about 15 or 20 timeslips showing 6.4-7.0. Blew my mind. Funny as hell.
Old 02-05-2008, 03:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

mine? ............................................ If your a cop.......... then ok
What?!?! I said "his ABS was on", not "your ABS was on".

Quick Reply: Lets hear your favorite Mustang Story