Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Dyno in Tucson?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 01:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Dyno in Tucson?

So I'm trying to find a place to get a baseline dyno in Tucson. I would prefer a DynoJet but wouldn't mind a Mustang Dyno if the company is a good shop. I've called around the places I could find in the phone book (only found 2 with Chasis Dynos) only one seemed to know what they are talking about. That place was Apex Motorsports (on Speedway and Swan) but this place is way more known for import cars and has a bad rep when it comes to Dyno's so I'm kind of hesitant.

Anyone?
Old 04-30-2008, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

have you tried IA performance on ina?
Old 04-30-2008, 10:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by needaz28
have you tried IA performance on ina?
They have a Mustang Dyno, I would prefer a Dynojet.

I went to Apex this morning and they were too busy to do it, even though I made an appointment. They said they would call back, and they still haven't.
Old 04-30-2008, 11:22 PM
11 Second Club

were are you getting tuned at? I would want to use teh same dyno. a dyno is and should be used for tunning only. sure a dyno day here and there would be great. a couple wrong numbers here/there and you think you have 20 ore or less hp then you have. what are you doing that you want a baseline? I can save you some money. you buy me some in-out and I'll run you on 5 psi. you do your mods and get tuned and we'll go again.
Old 05-01-2008, 12:45 AM
TECH Fanatic

were are you getting tuned at? I would want to use teh same dyno. a dyno is and should be used for tunning only. sure a dyno day here and there would be great. a couple wrong numbers here/there and you think you have 20 ore or less hp then you have. what are you doing that you want a baseline? I can save you some money. you buy me some in-out and I'll run you on 5 psi. you do your mods and get tuned and we'll go again.
I'm getting a mail order tune from MadTuner.com. I want to get a baseline because I'm putting in a CC503 and 1.6 Roller Rockers.

Is In-N-Out the place where all the F-Bodies go? Have you checked out the Test N' Tunes at SIR yet?
Old 05-01-2008, 02:19 AM
Launching!

check out sonoranmusclecars.com, That where almost all fbodies in tucson go. As far as a dyno, there 3 choices. AI which is a mustang dyno, and its mostly a import shop, but they have a good rep. Apex has a dynojet but you had no luck there. and the last one is Mechanix Werx which is really good, give the a call 971-5258 ..
Old 05-01-2008, 03:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dabeztz28
check out sonoranmusclecars.com, That where almost all fbodies in tucson go. As far as a dyno, there 3 choices. AI which is a mustang dyno, and its mostly a import shop, but they have a good rep. Apex has a dynojet but you had no luck there. and the last one is Mechanix Werx which is really good, give the a call 971-5258 ..
What kind of Dyno is at Mechanix Werx?
Old 05-01-2008, 04:37 AM
Launching!

dynojet
Old 05-01-2008, 07:08 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Counted Out
I'm getting a mail order tune from MadTuner.com. I want to get a baseline because I'm putting in a CC503 and 1.6 Roller Rockers.

Is In-N-Out the place where all the F-Bodies go? Have you checked out the Test N' Tunes at SIR yet?

yeah I was there aboout a month ago, track was still way to cold. I'm getting a bunch of suspesion put on this weekend then I'll be going back. my time is in my sig.
Old 05-01-2008, 08:45 AM
10 Second Club

yeah I was there aboout a month ago, track was still way to cold. I'm getting a bunch of suspesion put on this weekend then I'll be going back. my time is in my sig.

yeah TIRES are a big one for you.......shouldn't have even tried to run on those dry rotted old tires
Old 05-01-2008, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

I think I'm going tomorrow for the first time.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:34 PM
11 Second Club

I'd like to but I'm putting all the suspension parts on friday. post up if teh track is anybetter yet.
Old 05-01-2008, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by myslow92
yeah TIRES are a big one for you.......shouldn't have even tried to run on those dry rotted old tires

hey fool, I already added some bfg dr's. friday I'm putting on a umi torque arm/relocation bracket, bmr lca's, bmr lca relocation, brackets, bmr adjustable panhard bar. I moved the turbo up a good 3 inches, you can barly see it now. all that is left is to get some decent shocks, sfc's,and move teh charge pipe.

you ready to put that real motor in your mullet machine?
Old 05-01-2008, 07:52 PM
Launching!

hey fool, I already added some bfg dr's. friday I'm putting on a umi torque arm/relocation bracket, bmr lca's, bmr lca relocation, brackets, bmr adjustable panhard bar. I moved the turbo up a good 3 inches, you can barly see it now. all that is left is to get some decent shocks, sfc's,and move teh charge pipe.

you ready to put that real motor in your mullet machine?
Saw your car at the track, looks nice. My buddy with the Kenne bell was trying to line up with you
Old 05-01-2008, 08:00 PM
11 Second Club

the black one with teh red stripes? I was over there later talking to teh guy with teh supra trying to set something up but his throwout bearing was bad I guess. did he ever get that belt back on? if he whats to run I'm sure we can figure something out.

Quick Reply: Dyno in Tucson?