Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

Challenger not a challenge at all

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2008, 10:03 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and all other srt's besides the jeep which actually handle well and put out decent times at the strip. for a 2008 with 425 hp i was expecting more than 01 gt acceleration.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:04 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chaman
Thanks for proving my point, not much upstairs, huh?
obviously more than you, i didnt waste my money on a srt 8 magnum, i mean if you had done your math you would have bought the jeep.
Old 09-02-2008, 10:21 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Almostryan3
...? Care to answer my post? Driver skill is not an option here, highway roll, auto car. A retarded monkey could stomp the gas pedal without too much confusion.
everyone speculated 1/4 mile times and this wasnt a 1/4 mile race.I was in 4th gear!
Old 09-02-2008, 10:32 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by m6ttop
everyone speculated 1/4 mile times and this wasnt a 1/4 mile race.I was in 4th gear!
So you beat a car from a roll that has a bigger HP advantage than weight disadvantage and about the same drag co-efficient? See how that doesn't quite add up? There is something missing in this event, either him getting a shitty downshift, which if it was the case, he would have reeled you in and walked around you in a the top end, or something about your car that you failed to mention. Like I stated, I'm not saying its impossible, but it is very unlikely unless were missing part of the story.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Teching In

racing isn't a f***ing math problem, even from a roll i've beaten plenty of people that, on paper, should have walked me. Oh, and I doubt a monkey could drive, feet wouldn't reach the gas pedal too well...
Old 09-02-2008, 11:00 PM
Banned

Well the challengers only come in auto, it might have just been a quick quick jump race.

Why cant we just take his word for it?
Old 09-02-2008, 11:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by camarojunky74
obviously more than you, i didnt waste my money on a srt 8 magnum, i mean if you had done your math you would have bought the jeep.
Your dumber in every post...how can you?? I can FIT the Jeep in the Maggies cargo area, moron. I did the math but considered cargo space and and practicality...yes a concept to hard for you to grasp.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:10 PM
TECH Veteran

I've went into every and any 1/4 mile calculator and every single one puts that SRT at around a 13.0 and that HP and weight rating of the LT1 at mid 13's. The only was I see this story being possible is the camaro being in the right gear and the challenger not getting a good downshift. No matter how you look at it the math and physics of it are against the camaro, so like I said the only way this guy took down a challenger was that he was in the right gear to get a good jump and they didn't race long enough for the challenger to catch up and come around him. Also add that the other way it could be possible if he forgot a very important mod, gears. But with stock gearing and no other mods than stated, its highly unlikely.

400 lbs = .4
70rwhp = .7
The weight disadvantage is covered by the HP advantage.
The easiest explanation is...the SRT8 guy NEVER ran him...never!

I remember in the beginning how SRT8 cars were disrespected until guys started to REALLY see what they could do.

BTW from the hole the Jeep is king....frum a roll (lol!) other SRT8s shine a bit more....They could be pigs, but they are some of the fastest, meanest pigs out there!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:11 PM
Teching In

Jeep > Magnum
Old 09-02-2008, 11:14 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by cristoph
Jeep > Magnum

Out of the hole....I said that. Refer to my previous post. But Magnum looks, practicality, cargo space>Jeep. Not to mention the TONS of problems related to the AWD system....take a look around SRT forums and you get the idea. I wouldnt trade the Maggie for two Jeeps.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:15 PM
On The Tree

all this talk of jeeps gets me hot... lol j/k
Old 09-02-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you beat a car from a roll that has a bigger HP advantage than weight disadvantage and about the same drag co-efficient? See how that doesn't quite add up? There is something missing in this event, either him getting a shitty downshift, which if it was the case, he would have reeled you in and walked around you in a the top end, or something about your car that you failed to mention. Like I stated, I'm not saying its impossible, but it is very unlikely unless were missing part of the story.
x2 this is what i was thinking,
to the op i am not saying you made this story up but it was clearly drivers error on the srt8 owners part.
Old 09-02-2008, 11:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
all this talk of jeeps gets me hot... lol j/k
Your avatar gets me hot...and ******* horny... LOL!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:24 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by cristoph
racing isn't a f***ing math problem, even from a roll i've beaten plenty of people that, on paper, should have walked me. Oh, and I doubt a monkey could drive, feet wouldn't reach the gas pedal too well...
So your saying midgets don't drive? May not be a math problem but it is simple physics....

Originally Posted by WS6_Suicide_Machine
Well the challengers only come in auto, it might have just been a quick quick jump race.

Why cant we just take his word for it?
Thats what I'm saying, he didn't get a good downshift and the camaro jumped out in front of him and if they would have gone past 100 they challenger would have reeled him in and walked around him

Originally Posted by chaman
The easiest explanation is...the SRT8 guy NEVER ran him...never!

I remember in the beginning how SRT8 cars were disrespected until guys started to REALLY see what they could do.

BTW from the hole the Jeep is king....frum a roll (lol!) other SRT8s shine a bit more....They could be pigs, but they are some of the fastest, meanest pigs out there!
Or he is neglecting to mention some mods on his car, or the challenger got a bad downshift.

Put it this way, the 300SRT is suppose to be slower right? Well I raced a stock one with my camaro (minor bolt ons and gears 3.73s), 320 to the tire and a little lighter than stock and I had less than 1/4 tank of gas. I raced him about 4-5 times on the freeway. He is a fellow F body owner as well. First race we did from 75ish because thats where he came up beside me, right off the downshift he pulled on me because it was a dead spot in my car, he got about a car on me then I VERY SLOWLY started to pull on him, getting to about 120ish I had about a car on him. We went from 50, which is a nice downshift to 2nd in my car and he never even pulled, I jumped out on him and continued to slowly walk away. So if your following my 320rwhp lightened camaro with 3.73 gears BARELY walked away from a SRT300 on the freeway. And the challenger IS faster than the SRT300. Your telling me that your stock geared stock weight LT1 will pull away from my bolt on and geared LS1 on the freeway, see how ******* retarded you sound YOU IGNORANT ****!
Old 09-02-2008, 11:27 PM
TECH Veteran

Old 09-02-2008, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

can we get back to talking about the jeep...im losing my edge here
Old 09-03-2008, 12:49 AM
TECH Regular

You know, there is a chance that the guy in the Challenger was just in serious need of a DRIVER MOD, so has anyone figured that maybe he is telling the truth? Maybe the guy in the LT1 is an outstanding driver, and the guy in the Challenger is a shitty driver...

In the mean time though, I am just enjoying watching the bickering...
Old 09-03-2008, 12:51 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lt1 hawk
You know, there is a chance that the guy in the Challenger was just in serious need of a DRIVER MOD, so has anyone figured that maybe he is telling the truth? Maybe the guy in the LT1 is an outstanding driver, and the guy in the Challenger is a shitty driver...

In the mean time though, I am just enjoying watching the bickering...
auto car, freeway roll, stomp the ******* gas pedal, once again driver mod is out of the question.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:01 AM
TECH Regular

auto car, freeway roll, stomp the ******* gas pedal, once again driver mod is out of the question.
yeah ok, there is NO CHANCE IN HELL that it could have happened... Unlikely, I agree, but not impossible... but that is cool, no one but you is qualified to detirmine what happened when none of us was there. I am sure there are plenty of bull **** stories floating around here, but we kind of have to take his word for it, unless you have seen him on a bunch of threads spreading bull **** stories.
Old 09-03-2008, 01:06 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by lt1 hawk
yeah ok, there is NO CHANCE IN HELL that it could have happened... Unlikely, I agree, but not impossible... but that is cool, no one but you is qualified to detirmine what happened when none of us was there. I am sure there are plenty of bull **** stories floating around here, but we kind of have to take his word for it, unless you have seen him on a bunch of threads spreading bull **** stories.
Keep your cool bud your not nutswinging from him yet. The smilie wasn't very serious. Take a look at my SRT300 story and you will see why this event did not happen like he stated it to be.

Quick Reply: Challenger not a challenge at all