Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI
View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
John McCain
51.20%
Barack Obama
24.00%
Neither... We're Screwed either way...
24.80%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Politics: Presidency

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2008, 04:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Revelation Z28
you just basically said what EVERY politician does. /thread.
Word....**** politics
Old 09-22-2008, 11:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Its good to see that that there actually still some conservatives in California and that the whole state hasnt turned into a bunch of tree hugging liberals. Neither candidate is great, but when it comes down to it, Mccain has proven enough to me that he has the country's best interest at heart. Wheras Obama is a complete joke, only in America can someone can even come so close to becoming president. Go Mccain/Palin
Old 09-22-2008, 11:21 AM
On The Tree

You guys think Obama will get assassinated? Try Ron Paul. Ron Paul has been in attempt to take down the hugest fraud America has ever seen. The Federal Reserve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

Watch this.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by LS1 FORMULA
Hey L3THAL Z28, Universal health care does not work in other country's. Why do people in Canada come here for there health care. Because there universal health care is so poor. people are dying waiting for a doctors appointment over there. In England there universal health care is bankrupting there country. Any time you put the government in charge of something it runs worse than before. Look at medicare and medicaid. Look at how just those 2 programs are killing us now. What do you think will happen when everybody has health care. The quality of health care will drop. it will take you 2 weeks to get a doctors appointment. If you have some seriously wrong they will try to delay any treatment as long as possible.
It sounds great but it just does not work.
Like the old saying "If it sounds to good to be true. It most likely is to good to be true"
Austria
Belgium
Canada
Cuba
Denmark
France
Germany
Greece
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Norway
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
United Kingdom
Japan
Finland
Australia
New Zealand
Czech Republic
South Korea
Hungary
Poland
Slovakia
Mexico

Australians get a $5000 dollar baby bonus to help out with the cost of having children. They also have private health insurance and that way there are no waits for surgery and so on.

France's health care system, which is rated the top in the EU, costs less than half per capita compared to the US insurance-based health care system.

Which means, you'd pay less than half the insurances premiums you do now, you'd just pay them in tax, and everybody would be covered.

Because, you forget, we already pay taxes for the uninsured. Our city and county taxes go to keep ERs open. These ERs are required to service people who don't have insurance.

Nationalized health care would save lower and middle class Americans money.
Old 09-22-2008, 11:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by junkindatrunkmx6
You guys think Obama will get assassinated? Try Ron Paul. Ron Paul has been in attempt to take down the hugest fraud America has ever seen. The Federal Reserve.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dmPchuXIXQ

Watch this.
very interesting...
Old 09-22-2008, 12:00 PM
Teching In

Ron Paul is the only politician I've ever donated money to. I had just gotten back from Iraq and had a few dollars saved up.

It amazed me to see the other candidates try to muster up laughter while he talked over their heads. He even had some of them admitting that they were clueless about the economy. Even though he's out of the race, he's still trying to bring attention to the issues that the candidates have been ignoring... which is pretty much all of them.
Old 09-22-2008, 12:03 PM
TECH Resident

McCain has a world of experience. Health is his biggest concern. He has a history of being a centralist, which means he is not a George Bush.

Obama has little very little experience. His upbringing was as disfunctional as it gets, but you can say he overcame adversity.

Palin's major ***** in her armor is her daughter getting pregnant at 17. But it is a wash vs Omama's mother being pregnant with him out of wedlock.

Biden-who cares!
Old 09-22-2008, 12:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Politics....Poly = Many....Ticks = Blood sucking creatures

if Pro's and Con's are opposite...is Progress the opposite of Congress??
Old 09-22-2008, 12:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Nationalized heath care and life in general... how about the people that don't have it go get a job and take care of themselves like the rest of the working class. Quit pissing and moaning that this or that isn't fair and you should have it also. Those that have it have worked for it. I've been poor and pawned off stuff to keep the lights on and put food on the table.

Work hard and Earn your keep! Quit leeching the system and expecting hand outs!!!

McCain/Palin will have a stronger shot at changing the country for the better and they won't mess with my right to bare arms.
I will never let the government force me into being defenseless. It is my God given right to be able to defend myself and family, not a gift from the government.

I have always wished that a small town person would get into office. A real person who lives how we do and knows what the everyday Joe goes through. Someone who sees the BS in government and wants to purge it.
I would GLADLY vote Palin in as president but VP will have to do.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:09 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by -Freak-

I have always wished that a small town person would get into office. A real person who lives how we do and knows what the everyday Joe goes through. Someone who sees the BS in government and wants to purge it.
well said. palin is a real person, with a real family. if she does good as vp she could very well be the first woman president some day.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by -Freak-
Nationalized heath care and life in general... how about the people that don't have it go get a job and take care of themselves like the rest of the working class. Quit pissing and moaning that this or that isn't fair and you should have it also. Those that have it have worked for it. I've been poor and pawned off stuff to keep the lights on and put food on the table.

Work hard and Earn your keep! Quit leeching the system and expecting hand outs!!!

McCain/Palin will have a stronger shot at changing the country for the better and they won't mess with my right to bare arms.
I will never let the government force me into being defenseless. It is my God given right to be able to defend myself and family, not a gift from the government.

Stop assuming ****...I'm not bitching and moaning...i'm well off and have always had more than I needed thanks to my parents help and my work. That wasn't the case with my parents. They were deprived of a lot of **** for being poor when they were kids. I don't care how much you say you made it to where you are right now all by yourself because the fact of the matter is you had some help somewhere down the line.

I could care less who is elected into office as it will have little to no effect on my life. But to some people it defines who they will be and what they will do in the near future. I'm just saying that the few fortunate should do something to help the less fortunate...God knows some of these hard working people need health care they cannot afford.

You of all people should understand...since you were there at some point. This is just my opinion though and I respect your point of view.

Last edited by L3THAL_Z28; 09-22-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-22-2008, 01:58 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Everyone bitches about how Bush sucks ***.. Debates about justification of being over seas fightng a war issues at home and so on.. Voting for the lesser of 2 evils is what got us here in the **** sito this countries in... No real issues are ever addressed by either Obama or McCain. Voting for either of the 2 is jus adding fuel to the fire for the collapse of our country..

http://dprogram.net/
WAKE THE **** UP !
Old 09-22-2008, 02:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 217zenki
Everyone bitches about how Bush sucks ***.. Debates about justification of being over seas fightng a war issues at home and so on.. Voting for the lesser of 2 evils is what got us here in the **** sito this countries in... No real issues are ever addressed by either Obama or McCain. Voting for either of the 2 is jus adding fuel to the fire for the collapse of our country..

http://dprogram.net/
WAKE THE **** UP !
You're absolutely right. If there was any real difference between the Republicans and Democrats running for president, they'd allow third party candidates into their "debates". Instead they stand in front of cameras bickering about silly **** and only lightly breezing across the real issues. When they even mention things that actually matter, it's only in the most general terms and well-rehearsed talking points.

http://www.factcheck.org http://www.votesmart.org

Vote third party. It's the only way to end the duopoly.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by L3THAL_Z28
Stop assuming ****...I'm not bitching and moaning...i'm well off and have always had more than I needed thanks to my parents help and my work. That wasn't the case with my parents. They were deprived of a lot of **** for being poor when they were kids. I don't care how much you say you made it to where you are right now all by yourself because the fact of the matter is you had some help somewhere down the line.

I could care less who is elected into office as it will have little to no effect on my life. But to some people it defines who they will be and what they will do in the near future. I'm just saying that the few fortunate should do something to help the less fortunate...God knows some of these hard working people need health care they cannot afford.

You of all people should understand...since you were there at some point. This is just my opinion though and I respect your point of view.
That's pretty ignorant to say that its going to have little or no effect because that simply is not true.
A good chunk of your paycheck, or a bigger chunk in Obamas case will be going into the hands of people who are going to decide where it goes whether it be into the roads YOU drive on, or schools YOUR kids/ future kids may attend, How much it costs you everyday to do the things you want. Not to mention that your *** is still living in a free country, because we have people out there fighting for us and taking out threats against us. Everyone has the same opportunity in most every case to make as much money as they want.. So why are they being punished for it
Old 09-22-2008, 02:34 PM
Teching In

Sick, you do realize that McCain's tax plans would be worse for middle class Americans, right?

http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...oes_again.html
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2..._bunk.html2008
http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2...eceptions.html

I don't support either media appointed candidate, I'm fighting ignorance.
Old 09-22-2008, 02:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 1sick'98WS6
That's pretty ignorant to say that its going to have little or no effect because that simply is not true.
A good chunk of your paycheck, or a bigger chunk in Obamas case will be going into the hands of people who are going to decide where it goes whether it be into the roads YOU drive on, or schools YOUR kids/ future kids may attend, How much it costs you everyday to do the things you want. Not to mention that your *** is still living in a free country, because we have people out there fighting for us and taking out threats against us. Everyone has the same opportunity in most every case to make as much money as they want.. So why are they being punished for it
I'm being ignorant? haha please...if they take more money or if i have to pay more tax its not going to affect me trust me I'm not you and you're not me so you wouldn't know. As to the fact that i'm good regardless of who is elected and that makes me ignorant...well i think thats an ignorant comment/assumption in your case. What threats man? Has terrorism done its job with you? What is the purpose of terrorism? Isn't it to keep you on your heels? Paranoid about when the next attack is coming? It seems as if its done the job with you. A lot of people in the US are scared...the government seems paranoid...I think the terrorists have done their job in this country. Quit being a puppet of the media bro.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:13 PM
On The Tree

lets get something straight about obama's tax relief for middle class citizens...

yes he wants to give them a tax break...and they use this 85% of americans will get this...

what they wont tell you is...that they want to raise taxes for small business that exceed in 250k in gross profit...

who do u think employs all the middle class citizens...? its the small business owners

the more you raise their taxes...the less likely they are going to be able to hire more people or keep their current employees (a lot of downsizing to make up for the raise taxes)...just food for thought
Old 09-22-2008, 03:18 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by L3THAL_Z28
Austria
Belgium
Canada
Cuba
Denmark
France
Germany
Greece
Iceland
Ireland
Italy
Luxembourg
Netherlands
Norway
Spain
Sweden
Switzerland
Turkey
United Kingdom
Japan
Finland
Australia
New Zealand
Czech Republic
South Korea
Hungary
Poland
Slovakia
Mexico
in your honest opinion, would you really want to live in any those countries...??? NOT VISIT..but actually live there...im looking at that list and there is NO SHOT i would live anywhere else but here...

the U.S. has the BEST quality healthcare in the world...hands down...is it cheap???nope...are there flaws??? yup...

does life sometimes suck....? yup, lol

i need a beer
Old 09-22-2008, 03:21 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
who do u think employs all the middle class citizens...? its the small business owners
All of us? Really? Come on now. I don't work for a small business. Do you? I consider myself middle class. Either way (McCain or Obama), I'm paying way too much in taxes, but as it stands, the rich have plenty of loopholes to avoid paying the taxes. The only tax break I get is when I'm in Iraq. Even then I pay social security and medicare.
Old 09-22-2008, 03:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by LS1 FORMULA
Hey L3THAL Z28, Universal health care does not work in other country's. Why do people in Canada come here for there health care. Because there universal health care is so poor. people are dying waiting for a doctors appointment over there. In England there universal health care is bankrupting there country. Any time you put the government in charge of something it runs worse than before. Look at medicare and medicaid. Look at how just those 2 programs are killing us now. What do you think will happen when everybody has health care. The quality of health care will drop. it will take you 2 weeks to get a doctors appointment. If you have some seriously wrong they will try to delay any treatment as long as possible.
It sounds great but it just does not work.
Like the old saying "If it sounds to good to be true. It most likely is to good to be true"
I wasn't gonna even bother to respond to this uninformed gruel, but I must...you have NO IDEA how great HEALTH CARE is in CANADA...the ONLY ones coming to the U.S. are the rich people who want it .'now'..cannot wait a few days...and sometimes Canada WILL--send someone down there..BECAUSE--we are too busy with OTHER PATIENTS AT THE TIME....I am over 40 and have NEVER waited more than 2 weeks for anything...IF IT IS SERIOUS...IT HAPPENS --RIGHT NOW--.Quit listening to the AMERICAN GOOFS who take ALL THAT MONEY from the Big Health Care Companies.."BIG DRUG"....Canadian Health Care is just fine and readily available.......if some others come there, other than the rich..they have crappy/ill-informed Doctors.

Quick Reply: Politics: Presidency