Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI
View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
John McCain
51.20%
Barack Obama
24.00%
Neither... We're Screwed either way...
24.80%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Politics: Presidency

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 11:42 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 180ls1
stop talking like you are the only one who knows anything.
Where was that claim at? Oh thats right there wasnt one ur jus talking out of ur ***.. kind of like voting for obama and mccain ..
Old 09-23-2008, 11:49 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by 180ls1
I would not say it is throwing your vote out, it is voting for someone who has a realistic chance to win. I will vote republican because they most closely follow my ideals but after the elections i might try to support someone like Paul who has a more grass roots way of thinking who i agree more with. But voting third party right now is not the way to go. I feel it is more important to do whatever i can to keep Obama out of the white house, which is voting Mcain/Palin.
How is keeping Obama out of the white house a smart thing by voting mccain in? rep or dem out the question.

To many vote for someone they think could win.. Why not vote for someone like Paul who has no chance in hell ?If more people went out on a limb and didnt have the brain washed pop contest attitude in there head then it could be anyones ball game right?

Why do u feel third party is not the way to go? U say ur willing to support Ron Paul because of his way of thinking.. Well he is no longer offically running and is backing the independent party.. Ralph Nadder so why not back him?
Old 09-24-2008, 02:00 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 217zenki
Where was that claim at? Oh thats right there wasnt one ur jus talking out of ur ***.. kind of like voting for obama and mccain ..
.... how bout you chill out there lil buddy?
Your the reason this thread will get
Speak lil a civil person instead of a nut case ranting and raving like a lunatic

Third person parties are not getting time because the press's focus is on the top 2 contenders for the presidency. McCain and Obama, mainly because these two candidates have the most support and the most money to continue their efforts to the public

Last edited by LS1 Life; 09-24-2008 at 02:06 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Black02LS1
Yea this war hasnt helped us in the slightest bit! If things are so bad in a country then they can always rebel and start a revolution! If you remember from your history class, thats how America came to be! And we had to fight off the strongest army in the world that kept sending waves of invaders! The middle east only has to deal with the few people in thier country's command.

This war is pointless and draining to the economy. But i agree that if we pull out now then all that we have fought for will be lost.

And NO, soldiers there arent defending our freedom! Our freedom is not threatened by a 3rd world country!
try again fucko. you ever been to Iraq? you ever talked to these people, especially those bent on Jihad? You have one of two options with these sickos, fight them in thier back yard or ours. Plain and simple. Muslim fanatics are waaaaaaaaay beyond reason. They have thought for thousands of years that European, American (ok, 250 years for us) and anything Christian or Jewish needs to die. There is no such thing as a true "peaceful Muslim." The ones that are not bent on killing everyone are the ones that are not that into Islam. If you read the Q'arn it instructs them that they HAVE TO KILL to secure a place in heaven. No bones about it. They will **** you up if they have the chance. Especially the ones out here. I am not trying to hate monger, but that is the simple fact of the matter.
Old 09-24-2008, 09:06 AM

How is keeping Obama out of the white house a smart thing by voting mccain in? rep or dem out the question.

To many vote for someone they think could win.. Why not vote for someone like Paul who has no chance in hell ?If more people went out on a limb and didnt have the brain washed pop contest attitude in there head then it could be anyones ball game right?

Why do u feel third party is not the way to go? U say ur willing to support Ron Paul because of his way of thinking.. Well he is no longer offically running and is backing the independent party.. Ralph Nadder so why not back him?
I have to agree with you a bit. I have not found an idependant I have liked yet, though I have voted for them in the last two elections... let me explain.

I vote republican in IL. We all know that no republican has won IL since Regan, and it will probably be a very long time till someone does again. Essentially then, my vote for a republican in IL is a waste. I have voted for Nader, even though I think he is a joke. My hope is that a third party gets enough percentage of the vote to get third party funding so the democrats and republicans can't ignore them anymore...
Old 09-24-2008, 10:49 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by FrogHawk
try again fucko. you ever been to Iraq? you ever talked to these people, especially those bent on Jihad? You have one of two options with these sickos, fight them in thier back yard or ours. Plain and simple. Muslim fanatics are waaaaaaaaay beyond reason. They have thought for thousands of years that European, American (ok, 250 years for us) and anything Christian or Jewish needs to die. There is no such thing as a true "peaceful Muslim." The ones that are not bent on killing everyone are the ones that are not that into Islam. If you read the Q'arn it instructs them that they HAVE TO KILL to secure a place in heaven. No bones about it. They will **** you up if they have the chance. Especially the ones out here. I am not trying to hate monger, but that is the simple fact of the matter.
Devil dog, I say this with all the respect I give any fellow Marine: That is the dumbest thing I've ever had the misfortune of reading.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

BAND WAGON.... BAND WAGON..... Mother ******..Im not ur ****** average joe bitching about bush with no backing cause it seems to be the going trend.. How about u educate ur ****** some if ur gonna go and convict urself to a vote .. This isnt a ****** popularity contest like the media and all the half wits out there try to make it out to be.. When u cast a vote and the knuckle head does some dumb **** then ur jus about as guilty as him.. Why cause u didnt research u didnt look into ALL options. I wish they would send a before and after pick of ever person who has died in a result of president bushs decisions wether over seas or in our home lanf then some of u ***** might actually take voting more serious!
deprogram ur ****** mind!
http://dprogram.net/
look into the real issues then go look and see what canidates discuss acknowledge and have a good answer for it make ur decision from there.

You need to settle down and act like a civilized person, we might take you more seriously then.

If you can't, then see your way out of this thread and don't bother the rest of us.

Last edited by -Freak-; 09-24-2008 at 11:57 AM.
Old 09-24-2008, 11:57 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FrogHawk
Sorry but I disagree with you. I've studied many religions and the Muslim religion is one of the most peaceful out there. The problem is the few who take it to the extreme and translate it in a way that benifits them.
Old 09-24-2008, 12:37 PM
On The Tree

this is random but...

barack effed up by not choosing Hillary and his running mate...

if he picked her...obama would be a lock for the white house...just my opinion though

now, it seems like its gonna be neck and neck
Old 09-24-2008, 12:39 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by cruiSSin LS1
this is random but...

barack effed up by not choosing Hillary and his running mate...

if he picked her...obama would be a lock for the white house...just my opinion though

now, it seems like its gonna be neck and neck
Yea that was kind of messed up, it was official for like a week, what happened?
Old 09-24-2008, 01:03 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hlaalu
Yea that was kind of messed up, it was official for like a week, what happened?
If you had someone telling everyone how much you suck at your job and how you're a shitty leader, would you want them on your team?
Old 09-24-2008, 01:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Barak Obama Test

http://barackobamatest.com/?fuseaction=home.options

You DISAGREED with the Barack Obama position on 48 of the 51 test questions. This means you disagree with the Obama position 94% of the time.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1 Life
.... how bout you chill out there lil buddy?
Your the reason this thread will get
Speak lil a civil person instead of a nut case ranting and raving like a lunatic

Third person parties are not getting time because the press's focus is on the top 2 contenders for the presidency. McCain and Obama, mainly because these two candidates have the most support and the most money to continue their efforts to the public
I speak my mind however I feel...

As for ur lesson .. It has to do with money not runnings u have enough lobbying then u stay in the front media wise and so on . We u stay in front of the media and constantly get the most attention then u have what we this election to guys neither one going to be healthy for this country in anyway... Now if u VOICE of drastic change in the name of the people have a plan . And actually mean well then u get called a nut case ranting and raving like a lunatic and u get no tv time ..
Old 09-24-2008, 01:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by -Freak-
You need to settle down and act like a civilized person, we might take you more seriously then.

If you can't, then see your way out of this thread and don't bother the rest of us.
Civilized? Here let me explain where I come from .. I am a vet with a incurable stomach disorder I got while serving my country . I signed up one month after the 9-11 incident . Then after I was tossed aside and shitted on by are great establishment like so many other soliders I woke the **** up and actually started lookin under all the rocks of politics to see the real grand sceme of things.. Now with our country in shambles. Everyone hates us .. And where on a verge of more war . Way I c things are founding fathers which in my eyes seen to have died in vein founding our country as a republic and warning us of what a democracy leads to and not to stand for it .. Now where drifting past a democracy and into a oligarchy and blinded by the true facts the general public continues to go along with it... And jus like the great roman's where collapse we are following them just like them to the T.. So call me a nut case a extremist terrorist.. I dont give to *****.. because Ill continue to voice my nut job opinion in hopes of getting one person out of a hundred to open there eyes and lookin into **** that I have for the real truth.

Last edited by 217zenki; 09-24-2008 at 01:38 PM.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:36 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by hlaalu
Sorry but I disagree with you. I've studied many religions and the Muslim religion is one of the most peaceful out there. The problem is the few who take it to the extreme and translate it in a way that benifits them.
+500

When u have poverty mixed with religion anything is possible.
Old 09-24-2008, 01:56 PM
TECH Regular

obama wants to reward the poor. National health plans do not work. To many scammers around, and someone has to pay for it. It will just come out of taxes. So my hard earned money is going to pay for some idiot with no job sitting at home to have health care i think not. I think alot of the low class things should be closed. I dont think there should be the projects. if you cant afford the housing go somewhere else. Section 8 housing is bullshit. My friend is paying $2300 for a 2 bedroom apartment in studio city. Now they have allowed section 8 people to live there.
Old 09-24-2008, 02:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by darkcrave
+1 to that

All we need is another Cold War

McCain Is going to be another Bush

I don't know about you I would rather bring the troops home after were done in iraq, not go find something else to do in another country
+1 I totally agree
Old 09-24-2008, 02:09 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
+1 I totally agree
+10000000000000000000000000000

To bad where already in a cold war tho that the media doesnt cover.. The whole Georgia Russia is mainly because of us and the oil pipe line there imagine that... We had ships in the dead sea area pointing long range missles at Russia and they told us we had 20days to get the hell out and stop doing that dumb **** or they where going to strike us.. That was around 15 days ago or so.. And now Valenzuela jumped on the bandwagon and cussed out our president in a speech to his public . He wasnt blaming us jus our leaders and there greed. He kicked out the US embasdor and said he had 72 hours to leave the country and for his come back home .. He invited Russia to come and build bases there now Russia has been practicing military exercises in there area and has a butt load of ships on the way..
Old 09-24-2008, 02:11 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by allblacksrt4
obama wants to reward the poor. National health plans do not work. To many scammers around, and someone has to pay for it. It will just come out of taxes. So my hard earned money is going to pay for some idiot with no job sitting at home to have health care i think not. I think alot of the low class things should be closed. I dont think there should be the projects. if you cant afford the housing go somewhere else. Section 8 housing is bullshit. My friend is paying $2300 for a 2 bedroom apartment in studio city. Now they have allowed section 8 people to live there.
I feel ya .. I also dont like the idea of taking hard earned tax dollars to pay for financial bailouts on all this corps when the old ceo's collect million dollar bonuses routinely and running the comps in the ground..
Old 09-24-2008, 02:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by -Freak-
Barak Obama Test

http://barackobamatest.com/?fuseaction=home.options

You DISAGREED with the Barack Obama position on 48 of the 51 test questions. This means you disagree with the Obama position 94% of the time.
I'm taking it right now. It's pretty obvious that it's heavily biased.

"4. Some say Barack Obama’s plans to implement sweeping environmental regulations will raise the cost of gas, groceries, heating and air conditioning. Do you favor or oppose Obama’s environmental plans?"

That's just ridiculous. It could also be worded "Some say Barack Obama's plans to implement environmental regulations will be the best thing to ever happen to anyone ever. Do you favor or oppose the plans?"

That being said, I'll tell ya what I get in a minute.

And here it is: "You DISAGREED with the Barack Obama position on 36 of the 51 test questions. This means you disagree with the Obama position 71% of the time."

It probably would be higher if the questions / choices weren't so vague and horribly biased.

Last edited by erasedgod; 09-24-2008 at 02:39 PM. Reason: Added test results

Quick Reply: Politics: Presidency