Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI
View Poll Results: Who are you voting for?
John McCain
51.20%
Barack Obama
24.00%
Neither... We're Screwed either way...
24.80%
Voters: 125. You may not vote on this poll

Politics: Presidency

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2008, 02:32 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by erasedgod
If you had someone telling everyone how much you suck at your job and how you're a shitty leader, would you want them on your team?
That's what was messed up. Democrats want the win so bad they tried pairing up two different people
Old 09-24-2008, 03:00 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yeah, that Obama quiz was biased. Anyone can tell by the questions.
None the less it give you an idea of where he aligns with ones ideals.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:22 PM
Launching!

it's really disappointing that Ron Paul wasn't popular to make it through the primaries. he was seriously the best candidate i can think of for atleast the past few decades and probably more. i know he doesn't have a chance but i'm still writing him in with hopes that enough people do the same so that he atleast gets some sort of acknowledgement and maybe even a better chance for the next election. if anybody doesn't know about him, check out his policies on youtube sometime. i guarantee about 99% of the people on this site would completely agree with his policies.
Old 09-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Banned

So, what's up with the old man suspending campaign and wants to play president role from now on financial crisis.

Does that mean Bush is now deadwood!
Old 09-24-2008, 03:36 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Furious_George
it's really disappointing that Ron Paul wasn't popular to make it through the primaries. he was seriously the best candidate i can think of for atleast the past few decades and probably more. i know he doesn't have a chance but i'm still writing him in with hopes that enough people do the same so that he atleast gets some sort of acknowledgement and maybe even a better chance for the next election. if anybody doesn't know about him, check out his policies on youtube sometime. i guarantee about 99% of the people on this site would completely agree with his policies.
I'm just going to ask you to reconsider writing his name in. Since he's no longer running, votes for him probably won't even be counted. Instead I ask that you research other third party candidates and place your vote for one of them.
Old 09-24-2008, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 217zenki
I speak my mind however I feel...

As for ur lesson .. It has to do with money not runnings u have enough lobbying then u stay in the front media wise and so on . We u stay in front of the media and constantly get the most attention then u have what we this election to guys neither one going to be healthy for this country in anyway... Now if u VOICE of drastic change in the name of the people have a plan . And actually mean well then u get called a nut case ranting and raving like a lunatic and u get no tv time ..
Originally Posted by 217zenki
Civilized? Here let me explain where I come from .. I am a vet with a incurable stomach disorder I got while serving my country . I signed up one month after the 9-11 incident . Then after I was tossed aside and shitted on by are great establishment like so many other soliders I woke the **** up and actually started lookin under all the rocks of politics to see the real grand sceme of things.. Now with our country in shambles. Everyone hates us .. And where on a verge of more war . Way I c things are founding fathers which in my eyes seen to have died in vein founding our country as a republic and warning us of what a democracy leads to and not to stand for it .. Now where drifting past a democracy and into a oligarchy and blinded by the true facts the general public continues to go along with it... And jus like the great roman's where collapse we are following them just like them to the T.. So call me a nut case a extremist terrorist.. I dont give to *****.. because Ill continue to voice my nut job opinion in hopes of getting one person out of a hundred to open there eyes and lookin into **** that I have for the real truth.
You are blind... The United States is nowhere close to shambles or destruction. Compared to a majority of the countries out there... We are far from it.
You sound like a cult recruiter here to dumb people down to retardation for stupid acts. Stuff yourself in a trash can and roll yourself off a cliff...
Old 09-25-2008, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by hlaalu
Sorry but I disagree with you. I've studied many religions and the Muslim religion is one of the most peaceful out there. The problem is the few who take it to the extreme and translate it in a way that benifits them.
Negative. I have spent a lot of time studying world religions as well, both in and out of college. There is no doubt about it, Islam is probably the most violent major religion in the world. Not that Christians have not perputrated thier share of violence, but Islam MANDATES it. Read the Koran. It strictly charges members to kill anyone that does not convert. Forget the thing in there about peace, because at the very begining, it says anything that was written later in the book that contridicts anything earlier in the book is null and void, take the word of the more recent one. The Koran takes a pretty violent turn for the worst about half way. You have been sadly misinformed or misled if you think it is a peaceful religion. By design it is meant to be violent. Don't get me wrong, there have been some really violent and terrible things done in the name of Christ, but nowhere to the extreme or amount as Islam.
Old 09-25-2008, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by erasedgod
Devil dog, I say this with all the respect I give any fellow Marine: That is the dumbest thing I've ever had the misfortune of reading.
ok, you feel that way. That is fine. But unless you provide some evidence as to why what I said was unitelligent or misinformed, you are just talking ****. No one talks about the numerous networks we have found out here saying they were/are planning on commiting Jihad in the states and the UK. No one talks about the fact that we found A LOT of yellow cake (the only use for it is for nuclear weapons, and Sadamm was forbidden by the UN from having it) that we just shipped out of here in July. No one talks about the NUMEROUS chemical and biological containers and war heads I saw with my own eyes out here when I was in Fallujah in 2006. I already spoke of the Islam stuff in another post so I am not going to say it again. Back up why what I said was wrong, and I will probably respect your opinion, but for the mean time, you are just making statements that mean about as much to me as something I would see on Sci Fi.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:38 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

+100000000000000000000000000000000

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dv6rQ0U01Yc

Ron Paul working over Bernanke on the bailout plan!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by darkcrave
ObamaObamaObamaObamaObamaObamaObamaObamaObamaObama Obama

McCain = Dumbass!

Quit listening to the news!

DITTO FOR ME.... McCAIN is the brother of GEORGE @%@%@#% BUSH.... if your looking for 4 more years of hell in our economy VOTE MCAIN !!! either way.... Theres no way in hell this country is gonn vote in another republican after the job bush did... doesnt matter how good the canidate is bush has fucked the next runner whos a republican !
Old 09-25-2008, 12:45 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

my 2 cents..I will not vote republican..They already got us in a 700 billion dollar mess & trillions of $$$$ in deficits..why do we need more of this??
Old 09-25-2008, 12:46 PM
Dan
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1 Life
You are blind... The United States is nowhere close to shambles or destruction. Compared to a majority of the countries out there... We are far from it.
You sound like a cult recruiter here to dumb people down to retardation for stupid acts. Stuff yourself in a trash can and roll yourself off a cliff...
You live in a cave my friend..
Old 09-25-2008, 12:47 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by FrogHawk
Negative. I have spent a lot of time studying world religions as well, both in and out of college. There is no doubt about it, Islam is probably the most violent major religion in the world. Not that Christians have not perputrated thier share of violence, but Islam MANDATES it. Read the Koran. It strictly charges members to kill anyone that does not convert. Forget the thing in there about peace, because at the very begining, it says anything that was written later in the book that contridicts anything earlier in the book is null and void, take the word of the more recent one. The Koran takes a pretty violent turn for the worst about half way. You have been sadly misinformed or misled if you think it is a peaceful religion. By design it is meant to be violent. Don't get me wrong, there have been some really violent and terrible things done in the name of Christ, but nowhere to the extreme or amount as Islam.
You need to do some more research and you will find that EVERY religion can be translated to show hate towards others.
The first example that come to my head is a passage in Romans (Christian/Catholic) bible that was translated to say God hates and will send gay people to hell.
The problem is people use God as a reason to hate, and to others it will make them more appealing and respectable. And no offense, but everytime someone who knows nothing of another's beliefs makes a stupid accusation like you did, doesn't help either. And I don't want to get into this here and have the thread shutdown, so if you want to trade facts/ideas you can pm me.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:47 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LS1 Life
A cult leader.. WTF.... Where not in shambles? U sound like a Bush supporter.. How about U jus go jump off a cliff.. Only thing Im blind to is the propaganda are main stream media tries to feed us daily..We have a major bailout coming that we have to pay for because of bad decisions or jus plan disreguard for good biz ethics so some jerkoff ceo could get his couple mill bonuses and cash out our economy.. We have a silent standoff going on with a country who is economically stable with a massive military.. Our country has ran off track from the course that was set by our founding fathers that its damn near impossible to take it back.. And Im the one thats dumbing people down. lol..

Cult recruiter NO Constitutionalist YES!
Old 09-25-2008, 12:54 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by FrogHawk
No one talks about the NUMEROUS chemical and biological containers and war heads I saw with my own eyes out here when I was in Fallujah in 2006.
Ok with the world watching and Bush looking like a tard why wouldnt of all things this u speak of come to light? U maybe confused.. If ur speaking of the concrete containers that was halfway burried around 20 them that there locals where using as wells and kids growing 3 arms from.. Thats not weapons that was nuclear waste that was over 10yrs old .. Other then improper disposing and health risks to the people living around it . It in no way was a weapon and was years from even possiblly being one..

Last edited by 217zenki; 09-25-2008 at 01:41 PM.
Old 09-25-2008, 12:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i agree.. ron paul would have had my vote.

if things pan out the way that recent events have given promise to, i expect the economy to take a nice rebound, the government may make a decent profit off the bailout and the public will associate the rebound with obama (assuming he takes office).
somehow this doesn't seem all that unfamiliar.

i don't honestly think that obama = change. he's just another politician with promises that is feeding off everyone's desire for change.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:01 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by BobDoLe
i agree.. ron paul would have had my vote.

if things pan out the way that recent events have given promise to, i expect the economy to take a nice rebound, the government may make a decent profit off the bailout and the public will associate the rebound with obama (assuming he takes office).
somehow this doesn't seem all that unfamiliar.

i don't honestly think that obama = change. he's just another politician with promises that is feeding off everyone's desire for change.
Yea Ron Paul would have had my vote as well. I think change is going to happen no matter who is up there.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:12 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by bluecamaroz28
So, what's up with the old man suspending campaign and wants to play president role from now on financial crisis.

Does that mean Bush is now deadwood!
No, that just means that McCain is doing his JOB! He is running for president, but he still is being paid $160k a year to be a senator, he was only going to do what we pay him for.

Unlike Obama, who basically said "Give me a ring if ya'll need me!"
Old 09-25-2008, 01:13 PM
TECH Regular

the major bailout is because of the democrats and clinton, that is when it was all started. and the democracts run the senate also. Which really actually have more power then the president. I dont really like macain but i choose the lesser of 2 evils. Atleast mccain has experince. Obama is a done nothing jr. sen. Obama is a wouldn't it be nice canidate. Bunch of promises but a load of bs. Obama doesnt want to go to washington and try and help because he has no idea of what to do. Also why is everyone trying to compare Obama to Palin. Palin is vp, even the republican vp palin has more experince then the democratic pres nomination. Also biden thats another story. He has a big mouth he always puts his foot in.
Old 09-25-2008, 01:21 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by allblacksrt4
He has a big mouth he always puts his foot in.

Kind of like how he was talking about great leaders, and how during the Great Depression, Franklin D Roosevelt got on national TV and showed good leadership!?! LOL, I'm still laughing over that! Too bad nobody hears about that. If Palin said that, she'd be forced off the ticket.

Quick Reply: Politics: Presidency