Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

I think my Clutch just broke!

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2008, 08:01 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I think my Clutch just broke!

I go to start my car today to get ready and go to the GM Muscle meet and I hear some clickady clank noises. Thinking it was my Y-Pipe or something hitting I went under my car and could hear this noise coming from the front part of my Trans. After about 5 minutes go by the noise started to go away...

Now when I try to put it in gear when the engine is on it wont go in, which I first thought had to be a broken Slave cyclinder. But, if I start it in gear it will stay not moving when the pedal is engaged. When I let the clutch all the way out though it seems to stay like 1/2 way engaged and I can tell if I drive it like this it will def burn it up because I can smell it. I can tell the pedal feels a little soft also. Plus it wont really let me pull it out of gear very easy when the clutch pedal is all the way to the floor. nor will it let me put it into any gear when I am moving. I'm not sure if its the clutch itself or some weird problem with the slave only working partially

By the way this will be my 3rd problem I have had with a clutch in my car. 1st time my pressure plate actually broke (LS1 Clutch). 2nd time after fixing the first problem a trans dowel pin made its way into my bell housing and got stuck under the clutch springs making my clutch useless (LS7 Clutch w/ 250 miles on it). I was still using that same clutch untill now. I have only about 2,000 miles on it and only 1,200 of those are with my new setup. Also when I parked the car everything seemed fine. I didnt drive it for a week and this started to happen. I feel like crying

Last edited by Fifedogg; 10-04-2008 at 03:04 AM.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:18 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Damn man, that sucks ***.

Maybe it will be like my car and fix itself.
My car had that problem with not coming out of 4th and now it works perfectly fine.

Are you still gonna come to the meet? I could try to help you figure out what it is.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:22 PM
11 Second Club

I'm too depressed to make it out there tonight...I'm probably going to just chill & put a couple back tonight and when I say a couple I mean like 12-18
Old 10-03-2008, 08:34 PM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Fifedogg
I'm too depressed to make it out there tonight...I'm probably going to just chill & put a couple back tonight and when I say a couple I mean like 12-18
If you put back 18 you will feel like you have absolutely no transmission problems at all
Old 10-03-2008, 09:05 PM
11 Second Club

james, we should have the trans out and know whats going on by monday or tuesday. like i said get it up and ready, ill bring my ****, and it will be a done deal
Old 10-03-2008, 09:52 PM
Launching!

dude i have the same problem with my pedal wanting to stick to the floor... i'm pretty sure my problem is the power the car is making after the mods is too much for the clutch... good luck with diagnosing the problem i'm kinda getting tired of my m6 and wanting to convert to a4
Old 10-04-2008, 05:49 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Let me know if you want any help.
Old 10-04-2008, 09:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Clutch went before the 10 bolt? Wow, sorry to hear that man. Hit me up if you guys want to borrow my trans jack, dont know if you have one but it makes it a hell of a lot easier.

Quick Reply: I think my Clutch just broke!