Western Members CA, AZ, NV, UT, CO, NM, HI

turbo kits?

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2008, 02:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont think I need to upgrade the fuel system, clutch or anything for that do I? Maybe some injectors. I was thinking of just buying that ebay turbo, upgrading the turbo, BOV, and the piping for the inter cooler
Old 10-09-2008, 02:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by carbonfiberbird
I dont think I need to upgrade the fuel system, clutch or anything for that do I? Maybe some injectors. I was thinking of just buying that ebay turbo, upgrading the turbo, BOV, and the piping for the inter cooler
for 450whp you are better off getting a goof H/C package.

for a turbo you WILL need the following, hell i will even brake it down for youwith the e-bay setup.

New Turbo- 800-1200
New Wastegate- 250-300
Ebay Intercooler- 400
Aluminum Pipe kit- 300
Oil feed/return- 200
Injectors- 400
fuel Pump- 200
Manual boost controler- 100
Alternator relocation bracket- 120
Misc Fittings- 200
Misc Welding- 300
Heat Wrap-300
New Clutch- 1000
Valve Springs-320
Boost guage-80

Thats $5100 if you can do all the labor on your own and doesn't include all the BS crap that will nickle and dime you to death
Old 10-09-2008, 02:19 PM
On The Tree

i would just save up some money and get everything you need. or put it all on credit
Old 10-09-2008, 02:22 PM
On The Tree

also most likely your stock rear end wont last long so start saving for that
Old 10-09-2008, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

what, you mean he wants to build and sell them? or what?
he messaged me and few others on here, looking for cars to build turbo kits for that i guess he eventually wants to sell. but he said he would build them at cost if he can use your car for pics and stuff.
Old 10-09-2008, 03:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hlaalu
he messaged me and few others on here, looking for cars to build turbo kits for that i guess he eventually wants to sell. but he said he would build them at cost if he can use your car for pics and stuff.
o really? how can I get a hold of him?
Old 10-09-2008, 04:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

o really? how can I get a hold of him?
The guy is full of ****, he doesn't know what he is doing.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by 98BlkFormula
i would just save up some money and get everything you need. or put it all on credit
na, no unnecessary debt for me I just have to be more patient, I was thinking of maybe even just getting the kit and just the piping for the inter cooler that it comes with and only boosting about 5psi, this kit should be able to handle that, I have been trying to talk to the guy with this kit and get some more info. I really appreciate every bodies input please keep it coming.

Juice, I really dont see how it could cost that much, the kit only needs alittle piping to be complete(with inter cooler) and I could do a 450whp H/C with out touching the fuel system cant I? Plumbing is cheap to universal kits are like 150bucks.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Juice, I really dont see how it could cost that much, the kit only needs alittle piping to be complete(with inter cooler) and I could do a 450whp H/C with out touching the fuel system cant I? Plumbing is cheap to universal kits are like 150bucks.
I've been down this road twice, it really is that expensive.

The universal kit is just that, universal, you will have to cut and weld pipes to make evrything fit, and aluminum has to be tigged, most places charge $100+ per hour to tig. The wastegate is crap, so is the turbo, many of those turbo's dont live more than a few minutes, a few days max.

That kit is missing alot of things including an alternator relo bracket, boost controler, etc.

You can get 450whp from a good h/c setup with boltons and some injectors.
Old 10-09-2008, 04:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Juiced
I've been down this road twice, it really is that expensive.

The universal kit is just that, universal, you will have to cut and weld pipes to make evrything fit, and aluminum has to be tigged, most places charge $100+ per hour to tig. The wastegate is crap, so is the turbo, many of those turbo's dont live more than a few minutes, a few days max.

That kit is missing alot of things including an alternator relo bracket, boost controler, etc.

You can get 450whp from a good h/c setup with boltons and some injectors.

well any fab work is no big deal for me(welding aluminum and cutting stuff like that, even a alternator relo. bracket) Damn those turbo's are that bad, ****, well all I am doing is looking at my options right now, cuz I have alot of resources since we have a shop I can pretty much fab anything. Our neighbor(at the shop) does aluminum fab and he doesnt charge us. If anything I will end up doing a ms3 cam and LTs, then way later getting a fast and getting some bad *** heads.

Quick Reply: turbo kits?