What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1997 Trans AM WS6 (absolutely perfect)

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2008, 09:12 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1997 Trans AM WS6 (absolutely perfect)

Thinking of selling the car I use least next to my Chevelle. I'm the original owner with all documentation to the car. Its black with gray leather, 6 speed hardtop, every option except t-tops. Car has 26K miles, looks like 1K miles. Never in rain, always in climate controled garage and covered. The undercarrage is detailed and is museum quality. It has a couple of mild mods. Corsa catback, random tech cats/y-pipe with custom coated TTS headers (only ones that won't hurt the AC box), LT4 hot cam kit, GM 410 gears, custom tune, Pro 5.0 shifter with factory hurst leather ****,. I have every original part, even the paper air filter. This is a quick car, making 330 rwhp. Sounds unbelievable, LT1's do at least sound better than the LSX.......LOL Paint is flawless and only received zaino from day one. Has the Goodyear GS-C's in new condition as well. Car is too nice for words, but something needs to go for the 2010 Camaro on order.
Old 11-07-2008, 09:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

pics please...
Old 11-07-2008, 10:29 AM
Staging Lane

pm me your email and I'll get some to you.
Old 11-07-2008, 06:42 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 542 Likes on 389 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Sounds like a great car but this is sure the wrong time to sell! Mods don't add value except to that 'special' person looking for exactly what you have. It can actually detract from the value despite the ultra low miles. For many buyers, mods = abused or raced. This has been posted many times. I think you would be fortunate to get $9,000 for it, even though it sounds like it is well worth it. Getting $7,000 - $8,000 is a real possibility if you must sell. Even then someone is going to have to have cash and want a modded car. Another factor is the old tires??? I'm not sure when Goodyear last made GS-C tires. I just replaced my original GS-C set on my 7+ year old T/A due to age and the GS-D3 is the replacement Goodyear tire now, and had been for a few years at least. I certainly hope they are not the originals because someone is going to have to lay out some serious $$$ for a new set. 6 years is the life expectancy of tires unless you really are going to 'baby' them on short trips, then perhaps you could keep them for a few extra years. I never really believed this 'old' stuff but after a few contacts with Goodyear HQ I now believe otherwise, especially if using the car as designed (speed, cornering, heat build-up). Good luck if you must sell!
Old 11-07-2008, 08:20 PM
Staging Lane

I'd never sell for those #'s. I would use it as a daily driver first. Its basically a brand new car. As for the mods, anyone that knows anything about these cars can see the telltale signs of an abused car, and this definitely has none of them. As for the tires, no they are not the originals, they are about 5 years old. I changed them because there was minor wear from the first 22K plus miles from when I used to drive the car. Therefore I wanted it perfect. maybe I should make the car stock again and sell the mods. I have every part to convert back. And tires will last if stored properly. UV kills them, so if they are climate controlled and out of the sun they will be fine.

I appreciate the comments.
Old 11-08-2008, 06:42 AM
Teching In

The 96-97 cars get no love . No ls-1 but in my opinion , much better looking than the 98 up cars . I was in the same boat , red ws-6 6 speed ,19k miles , no one with any money & why would they when you can buy a wicked ls-1 modded car from a person willing to take a 10 grand hit( or sometimes a lot more ) on their ride ? Ended up trading mine for a new trailblazer ss = took it in the shorts! BTW , would like to see pics of trailer queen !
Old 11-08-2008, 09:50 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 542 Likes on 389 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by ws6ta444
I'd never sell for those #'s. I would use it as a daily driver first. Its basically a brand new car. As for the mods, anyone that knows anything about these cars can see the telltale signs of an abused car, and this definitely has none of them. As for the tires, no they are not the originals, they are about 5 years old. I changed them because there was minor wear from the first 22K plus miles from when I used to drive the car. Therefore I wanted it perfect. maybe I should make the car stock again and sell the mods. I have every part to convert back. And tires will last if stored properly. UV kills them, so if they are climate controlled and out of the sun they will be fine.

You are welcome, and I agree with you about keeping the car. LT1 cars just are not high on the current 'buyer's list'. Just enjoy it. I sold my 'like new' '96 Formula with 40,000 easy miles for next to nothing. It was truly in excellent retail condition. Should have just kept it along with my current T/A. Not worth selling for 'chump' change.
Old 11-12-2008, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by ws6ta444

hello!!

hit me some pics please a what prices are you looking for??
and where you lives..i can go untill hidalgo texas to get it
my messenger is raquel_y_paco@hotmail.com

thks..
Old 11-15-2008, 11:26 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If this helps- last year(beginning of it) a buddy of mine had a 97 dark hunter green, cant remember what color it was called- with tan interior, 31k mile car, auto- and offered it to me for 8k- and ended up taking 7500 for it later on.. Yours being a stick car, the miles are low- but they are not collector low miles... I would say the car is around 10-12k, with it being low miles- and a stick- it does surely help it.. These cars are kinda a thing of the past- but yet there are those who are willing, and wanting to shell out the right $ for a good one.. hope this helps..