What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Can I get XX,XXX for my 02' WS6?

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2010, 01:24 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can I get XX,XXX for my 02' WS6?

I am debating about selling my toy. I have a 2002 WS6, silver, A4, with 58,XXX miles on it. I am the 2nd owner, clean carfax. The car is very clean, the interior is like new, no scratches at all. The paint looks good, there is a rock ding on the passenger nostrile on the hood. Other than that, I get compliments all the time on how new the car still look. Anyway, I am looking to get 15,000 firm for my ride. I just poured about 1500 under the hood before coming into a situation that ended up in me getting a free automobile. Now, I am realizing that no car payment would be very helpful seeing as I was a lucky contestant at a mass layoff party. I just installed long tube headers, offroad Y, custom loudmouth style exhaust with new tips, SLP lid, MSD wires, SLP smooth bellows, PP polished throttle body, and a NA tune from EFI Alchemy. I have the dyno sheets to go along with the car (baseline 320/330, now 350/360) . I had the torque managment deleted and no 02 sims, I had the SE light tuned out. It has never seen the track and has not been beaten at all! I am well aware that KBB retail is right at 15 and private party is closer to 13. Anybody think I can get 15? The damn attachment thing is showing an error right now so I cant put a picture of the car up yet. I will post one soon. Any thoughts or comments are appreciated! Thanks.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:20 AM
11 Second Club

Its a hit or miss thing with these cars. checking ebay.... there are a few 02 ws6s with bids currently at 15k or higher. but they are mostly stock. stock/original cars seem to pull more coin than modded, these days. If it doesnt sale as is, if you have all the original equipment, then maybe try putting it back stock and see. I think your car is worth 15K, just from the info listed, but then again its not Me buying it...... good luck
Old 04-23-2010, 07:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

This probably will get moved to the 'What's it Worth' category in the classified section but in the meantime I'll give you an opinion since you are asking. I doubt you can get $15,000 but you can certainly start there and see if you get any bites. Remember that you just get a small percentage back on the mods that you have put into the car (read the 'sticky' in the proper forum). Now you have to find that certain buyer, (probably a younger guy that has limited funds) and wants the same mods that you have done. Not an easy sell at retail and not even easy at 'private party' value. Good luck if you decide to sell.
Old 04-23-2010, 09:16 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

some go for a lot and some don't go for ****. I bought mine with 40k miles on it 2 years ago for 17,500 which now seems like way too much, but at the time that was a competitive price. It seem that t/a's and camaros sell for way cheaper on sites like this. I bet if you could find someone that doesn't see the prices we see here you could get some good money out of it lol.
Old 04-24-2010, 02:24 PM
Teching In

I need a LS1 expert to call/email me. I have an 02 Ws6TA that is already heavily modified. Two things I am using synthetic oil and it is using it. Not sure where it is going, no white smoke no drips, I am running 500HP to the rear wheel. Question 2: I what to put more power and looking into Prochargers, is it worth the money and how much more power will I get. kevinhayden53@yahoo.com
Old 04-30-2010, 11:26 AM
On The Tree

I paid 9 for my 02 WS6 M6 with 52k miles about 2 months ago...but like everyone else has already said..you can at least start there and see if you get any bites on it
Old 05-02-2010, 01:30 PM
Staging Lane

oj, ur a tool if u sell that thing. you dont need to man, i know what kind of money u got and i promise u will never find another one as clean as that one. one day when ur 40+ ur gonna talk all this mess about how you wish u would have kept it!
Old 12-11-2010, 08:39 PM
On The Tree

really 9k for a 52k mile 02 ws6 ? either you found someone that was a dumbass or its got a salvage title cause thats insane even a heroine addict wouldnt sell one that cheap just sayin
Old 12-12-2010, 10:28 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by kcs02ta
really 9k for a 52k mile 02 ws6 ? either you found someone that was a dumbass or its got a salvage title cause thats insane even a heroine addict wouldnt sell one that cheap just sayin
9k is a pretty good price but it's not uncommon to see these cars going cheap. They're not gold and starting to devalue quite a bit.

Quick Reply: Can I get XX,XXX for my 02' WS6?