What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Higher prices? What's going on?

Search this Thread

Old 04-09-2012, 06:40 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 480 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by KS-LS1
With all due respect, you're out to lunch of you think that'll happen.
I'm sure he is just being facetious. I hope so.
Old 04-11-2012, 12:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Higher Prices

As it has been said many, many times before...a car is worth whatever a buyer is willing to pay you for it. And, ironically, the exactly optioned two same cars can sell for many dollar differences is selling price. Just means one seller caught the right buyer and received a higher price for his car! But really, some cars are just that much nicer than the others available and demand more money...
I, for one, would much rather pay the real value of a car I am purchasing rather than an inflated "future collectible" price. But I stepped up and paid more for my Trans Am just because it was kept pristine. If it becomes valuable in the future, good for me. If not, drive it and enjoy it and hope that the person before me took care of the car so I have problems down the road...
Old 04-19-2012, 09:30 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Nowhereman
And you think it won't LOL
When I was 18 you could buy a Boss 429 hemi mustang for under 12k..
wat...
Old 04-21-2012, 09:14 AM

That last line on my prior post is supposed to say so I DON"T have problems. And yea, I remember when you could buy a Boss 429 for under 12K. Heck, I remember when you could buy them under 10K! Was a guy in town that had two of them 'cause he worked for a Ford dealer and could buy them REAL cheap when they traded 'em in. That was a long time ago...
Old 04-21-2012, 09:49 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 480 Likes on 347 Posts

Originally Posted by BDS1956
That last line on my prior post is supposed to say so I DON"T have problems. And yea, I remember when you could buy a Boss 429 for under 12K. Heck, I remember when you could buy them under 10K! Was a guy in town that had two of them 'cause he worked for a Ford dealer and could buy them REAL cheap when they traded 'em in. That was a long time ago...
You are quite correct. I had several opportunites to buy incredible cars for what seem like insane prices right now. Tell me to stop kicking myself for not buying a totally original (nose cone too) '70 Superbird for $25,000 back in the early '80s. I can still see it sitting there down in FL in the garage bay when I inquired. Ouch! These type cars were quite available at those prices. Everything bottoms out before starting the rise back up.
Old 04-21-2012, 10:03 AM
On The Tree

Hemi lol
Old 04-21-2012, 10:39 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

well i will say the past 3 months i have seen them go up in my area, but yet there are still great deals out there
Old 04-25-2012, 05:04 PM

Absolutely are good deals to be found! The economy still stinks. Folks are still out of work. Prices are going up (just look at gas) and most folks income can't keep up. So what's the first thing you have to get rid of? Luxury items and that "extra" car(s) is one of the first to go, along with vacation homes and boats. So if you are patient and look diligently you will find the 'deal" your looking for.
Hey, if you see any dealership with a nice car for a reasonable price that means he found the deal you didn't 'cause he ain't just flipping the car for nothing...