What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What would you pay, honestly?

Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2012, 02:08 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What would you pay, honestly?

I'm looking at a 2002 Z06. Torch Red with Mod Red Interior. No accidents, 3 owners, 15,000 miles. Perfect condition.

Last edited by slikrider20; 08-18-2012 at 04:15 PM.
Old 08-18-2012, 03:19 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 516 Likes on 372 Posts

Your pictures didn't load but I'm hoping the car is in very good - excellent condition with those low miles. The only bothersome issue is the ownership. I can understand the car having two owners over 10 years but 3 is not 'normal' with those 15,000 miles. That means that all 3 owners were collectors or weekend warriors only. It can happen but I would ask some serious questuons about the history of the car and any documented maintenance just in case the car has been in the shop a lot for an unresolved problem. It can happen and you don't want to be the 4th owner with the same issues. I know this is being rather negative but you need to know before laying out good money. I would not pay a 'premium' for a 3 owner car. Some might but I wouldn't. This puts the car in the $27,000 range if all checks out. If at a dealership they will probably want more and that is up to you. If you absolutely love the car and it all checks out I wouldn't pass it up for $1,000 or even $2,000 more. Good luck!

**By the way, if this was a one-owner, garage kept car with all documentation I would definitely pay that premium and go as high as $30,000, maybe even $32,000. It does make a difference with ultra low mileage cars.
Old 08-18-2012, 04:19 PM
TECH Resident

How about now on the pics? It's all the guy sent me so far. I was going to check it out today but he didn't want to get it out because it might rain. (which i respect) The guy is asking 25k, so in relation to what you said that's a good deal. He says he might come down a 'little'. You do have a good point about the owners thing. Here is the autocheck:

http://www.lincolndealer.com/CPO/Aut...YY12S725114852

Thanks for the info man, i really love how you explain stuff.

Last edited by slikrider20; 08-19-2012 at 12:03 AM.
Old 08-18-2012, 05:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 516 Likes on 372 Posts

You are quite welcome. Thanks for the Autocheck link. It looks like the last owner actually drove the car a bit which is a good thing. Any idea why he is selling? I think everything looks real good at face value. The car has always been a Nebraska car too and has not moved around from auction house to buyer, etc... all over the country. I would suggest a Carfax too if you plan on making an offer on this car. I know it is expensive to lay out even more money but I find Carfax a bit better in most instances and they mention auction houses too. It is a 'peace of mind' thing for me personally. This is serious money. That price is very fair and getting it for around $24,000 would be really nice if everything checks out. You still have to be careful and not miss anything. Check under the car, etc... You know what to do. Make sure the owner has the title in hand too. If not, this transaction should only take place at the bank where the title is held. Sometimes issues can arise otherwise. Good luck and please post again if you go through with the deal, either positive or negative.
By the way, the pictures posted fine this time. A beautiful looking car!
Old 08-18-2012, 09:46 PM
On The Tree

I agree with everything said and I say you take him a check for 24k with 1k cash in your pocket. Chances are youll never have to pull it out. Makes me wish I were closer to Nebraska. How did you find it??? Craigslist?
Old 08-19-2012, 12:06 AM
TECH Resident

I have a few WTB ad's, he saw it somewhere. Said he hasn't even listed it yet. A low mile Z06 like this would make me very happy, not to mention it's only 20 miles up the road. I think if he will do 24k i just might go through with it. I'll let you guys know. I need to get pre approved for a loan to see what kind of rates i'm dealing with. I have about 9300 saved up so i could probably use 7500 for the down payment and save the rest for sales tax.

Edit:

I'm kind of torn though. A low mileage perfect car like this would be nice, but i'm not sure i want a car this nice. I'd be afraid to park anywhere, drive it anywhere, mod it at all, a cheaper car with say 50k miles that has a few rock chips may suit me better. I don't know.

Last edited by slikrider20; 08-19-2012 at 12:13 AM.
Old 08-19-2012, 12:54 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slikrider20
I have a few WTB ad's, he saw it somewhere. Said he hasn't even listed it yet. A low mile Z06 like this would make me very happy, not to mention it's only 20 miles up the road. I think if he will do 24k i just might go through with it. I'll let you guys know. I need to get pre approved for a loan to see what kind of rates i'm dealing with. I have about 9300 saved up so i could probably use 7500 for the down payment and save the rest for sales tax.

Edit:

I'm kind of torn though. A low mileage perfect car like this would be nice, but i'm not sure i want a car this nice. I'd be afraid to park anywhere, drive it anywhere, mod it at all, a cheaper car with say 50k miles that has a few rock chips may suit me better. I don't know.
with 24k you could get a supercharged c5 or even a c6 and not be afraid to beat on it and actually drive it and ENJOY it not a garage queen because your afraid to drive it IMO

Hell, the cash you have now (9500) would buy you a nice H/C Trans am or something and have it paid off! screw car payments!
Old 08-19-2012, 01:25 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Ellsworth
with 24k you could get a supercharged c5 or even a c6 and not be afraid to beat on it and actually drive it and ENJOY it not a garage queen because your afraid to drive it IMO

Hell, the cash you have now (9500) would buy you a nice H/C Trans am or something and have it paid off! screw car payments!

I know, but i've had 3 F-body's and i'm ready to move on. I really can't think of another car under 10k i really want. The more i think about it, the more i'd rather have a 50kish mile non-perfect car and spend under 20k at the same time.

Quick Reply: What would you pay, honestly?