What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 SS, A4, VERY CLEAN, Mid 11 Daily Driver: So, What's It Worth?

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2012, 07:18 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2000 SS, A4, VERY CLEAN, Mid 11 Daily Driver: So, What's It Worth?

Here is the ad I placed about a month ago. I want to get some input on what people think my car is worth? The car is in near perfect condition inside and out. Runs mid 11's on a slow 60'. The only issues inside the car is a small coffee stain on the passenger carpet, the lid to the ashtray is loose & the AC compressor needs to be replaced. The only issue outside is a small (about 2" X 2") dent on the underneath side of the drivers rocker panel, paint is in almost perfect condition. The car has been stored winters & only has 37,000 on the OD. The Lingenfelter short block has less than 10,000 miles on it. The cam heads, intake & TB and the rest of the motor only have about 2,500 miles on them.

So, based on the information here what do you think the car is worth now (winter time) and in the spring time?

Thanks for your input

Year: 2000
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Camaro SS
Mileage: 37063
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MI
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I bought the car 3 years ago with the car approaching 32,000 miles. The OD just turned over 37,000 within the last week. The car is stored most of the time and I just don't drive it enough to justify keeping it. The previous owner took great care of the car just like I do. There has been no expense spared with building this car:

The car had a nice head and cam package on it when I bought it but I was looking for a bit more power out of the car. So, I had the entire driveline dropped out of the car and went to work (well, my friend who is a awesome mechanic did). Here are some of the upgrades that have been done to the car. I am sure if my friends see this they can add to the list.

Appearance:
White Faced Gauges
Boyd Coodington Rims
20% Tint on Rear & Side Windows

Performance:
Linginfelter Shortblock W/Forged Diamond Pistons
Fast 92MM Intake (Ported By Texas Speed)
PTM 92MM TB
PRC Stage 2.5 5.3L Heads (milled .023)
ARP Head Bolts
SVO 30lb Red Top Injectors
Texas Speed 233/239 596/605 112lsa Cam
Long Tubes & Off Road Y Pipe
Borla Catback (Adjustable Plate System)

Transmission:
Vigilante 4,000 Converter
Transmission Was Pulled Apart About 6,000 Miles Ago For Full Upgrade
(Servos, Sun Shell, Clutches Etc.)
Newer Trans Cooler

Suspension:
New BMR Swaybars
BMR Upper & Lower Control Arms
Poly Trans Mount
Transmission Crossmember
BMR Weld In Subframe Connetors
Adjustable Koni Shocks

Rear End:
Stock 10 Bolt W/ 3:73 Gears
TA Rearend Support Cover

Brakes:
Upgraded Cross Drilled & Slotted Brakes
Upgraded Front Calipers

Odds & Ends:
New MT ET Streets 315/40/17s Were Installed About 1,000 Miles Ago
Tuned By Dr. Phil

Put Down 425RWHP on a stingy Mustang dyno with the converter unlocked. Redline is set at 7,000 and the car was still building power. See Video Clips Below:

Idle Videos (sorry for the bad camera work):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=mgEd-5fhLWo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=89SjTsrGDjc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=seazl1YeNPM

The car is in beautiful shape and runs great. I have only had it to the track a couple times on hot 90+ degree days and could only cut crappy 1.8s for 60's. I think if the car hooked better the car would go 11.4 11.3s.

I would say the car is a solid 8.5 or better inside and out. There are only two problems with the car. The rear gear is VERY noisy. I will replace the gear with whatever a buyer would want prior to getting the car. The second problem is the AC compressor. It has a leak in the compressor and I haven't had it fixed. I never run the air even in the summer, take the T-tops off and roll the windows down. I will fix this too for the new buyer.

Oh, I have EVERY receipt for every item that has went into this car. That includes the original window sticker, birth cert, oil changes and all the parts that have been installed. I even have the original brochure for the car.

Thanks,

Bill
Old 11-11-2012, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

No Opinions?
Old 11-11-2012, 05:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Hey man, I see that were are from the same area, and was curious as to who tuned your car? I'm not so happy with my tune, and need to look elsewhere
Old 11-12-2012, 05:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Hey man, I see that were are from the same area, and was curious as to who tuned your car? I'm not so happy with my tune, and need to look elsewhere
What's Up. I think I talked to you a long time ago. Do you live in Saline? On the west side of town?

I had my tune done by Dr. Phil. He does all of the tunes for Stenod Racing. He has a shop of his own too. He gets cars sent to him from all over the country. He builds some incredible cars. I went for a very aggressive tune but safe on the air fuel. He will do pretty much whatever you want. Well worth the price to have him tune your car.

What is your setup? Have you had it to the track or on the dyno? If so what kind of numbers are you seeing?

I was thinking of trying to hit the track if they are still open. I haven't been to the track in a couple years. Last time out is was in the high 90s with 80+ humidity. The car wouldn't hook very well so only managed high 1.8 60's and 11.7s. I put on a new set of 315/35/17 MT ET Streets less than 1,000 miles ago so I would like to see what the car will do now. I expect on a decent 1.6 60 it will go 11.3s or better. I have only been to the track 3 times with this car so still learning what it likes.

Who did your tune? You still driving your car?

Later,

Bill
Old 11-14-2012, 09:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey man, no I currently live in Howell, but lived in Canton a few years back as well. Never heard of Stenod Racing..i'll look into them though. Thank you. What kind of times have you turned with the 1.8 60fts, and what kind of traps? Which track did you go to?

My setup is in my sig, and I just got the car like 2 months ago, so no track times yet. I had it thrown on Alternative Auto's dyno just tp get a beaseline (in Chesterfield Township) and it only made 405 rwhp, but a/f was like 11:2-11:5 until 5k where it opens up to 12 flat till 6800 rpm where the rev limiter kicks in. Funny thing is that the owner said almost all HCI LS1's that he dynos make 390-420 rwhp on his dyno, which I thought to be very odd. The car runs strong as hell, but with the crappy tune, stock throttle body, and stock mass air I think it has some power left in it to be honest. A place called Collins Automotive Repair (known as C.A.R.S.) tuned it, and they are out of business now. I've heard a lot of horror stories about this place now too.

So i'm curious, what is the casting number on your heads? We both have the same PRC Stage 2.5 5.3L heads, but i'm curious if we have the same casting number. Mine are 862's.
Old 11-16-2012, 10:01 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by HCI2000SS
Hey man, no I currently live in Howell, but lived in Canton a few years back as well. Never heard of Stenod Racing..i'll look into them though. Thank you. What kind of times have you turned with the 1.8 60fts, and what kind of traps? Which track did you go to?

My setup is in my sig, and I just got the car like 2 months ago, so no track times yet. I had it thrown on Alternative Auto's dyno just tp get a beaseline (in Chesterfield Township) and it only made 405 rwhp, but a/f was like 11:2-11:5 until 5k where it opens up to 12 flat till 6800 rpm where the rev limiter kicks in. Funny thing is that the owner said almost all HCI LS1's that he dynos make 390-420 rwhp on his dyno, which I thought to be very odd. The car runs strong as hell, but with the crappy tune, stock throttle body, and stock mass air I think it has some power left in it to be honest. A place called Collins Automotive Repair (known as C.A.R.S.) tuned it, and they are out of business now. I've heard a lot of horror stories about this place now too.

So i'm curious, what is the casting number on your heads? We both have the same PRC Stage 2.5 5.3L heads, but i'm curious if we have the same casting number. Mine are 862's.
On high 1.8 60's I turned 11.6s with the converter slipping. I think the car in perfect conditions will actually go 11.2 - 11.3. My trap speeds on that 11.6 was 119mph. I want to try to get out to the track one more time this year and see what it will do now that I have new 315/35/17 MY ET Streets. If I don't sell the car and keep it I will drop a new 9" with 4:10s and sell my Boyd Coddington's and go with some 15" rims, some Bogart's

I will have to see if I can find my casting number on my heads. LOL, C.A.R.S, they tuned my last car and did a decent job but they did have a LOT of people that were not happy with the work they had done there. Sean, the owner made a lot of people very unhappy with things he did. I didn't have any real problems and he did actually solve a problem I had from another tuner. The tune did leave a lot left in it and I ended up going to someone else that got me some more power. All I can say is GO SEE DR. PHIL. He was one of the head tuners at GM before he left and started his own work. Like I said before, he has people sending cars to him from all over the country to do work on their car. He turns out some of the badest cars around.

On top of that Stenod Performance is one of the biggest and best shop this side of the Mississippi. They build professional drag cars for the pros. You go into their shop and your jaw drops when you see all the different projects that goes on there. They build custom turbo systems, custom carbon fiber work along with other stuff. Check them out for sure.

Just to give you an idea of how good he is below is a prototype super car I was told was tuned by Dr. Phil.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=8WU9Tm6ULjc

Here is another link showing a bunch of links to stuff he has done.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Dr.+...w=1320&bih=675

And here is a link to Stenod Performance:

http://www.stenodperformance.com/

If you still have your car on the road and would like to meet up let me know. I will be busy for the next 10 days but then will be free to meet up.

Later,

Bill
Old 11-16-2012, 06:48 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey man, thanks for the info and the links. I'm most definitely going to check into those guys. Yeah i'd love to meet up sometime. I'll keep my ride out till the first snow hits. If you don't sell your ride, and wanna meet up, just send me a PM and let me know. That would be great
Old 12-01-2013, 06:35 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The car has a new home in ohio now. I will let you all know how it runs in the spring. Our tuner is going to work some magic on it. From what I can tell, with a few minor changes it will be knocking on the door to 10's and running door-to-door with our GTA. It is going to be a fun year at the track!

Quick Reply: 2000 SS, A4, VERY CLEAN, Mid 11 Daily Driver: So, What's It Worth?